KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who is the weakest character that can utterly dominate Thor physically?

Who is the weakest character that can utterly dominate Thor physically?
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Pre Crisis Val Armorr.

As weak as a peak human, and happens to hit like Pre Crisis Superboy.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 11:43 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The Destroyer was more powerful then ever, amped by the spirit of the Designate who alone had access to high end Sky father power IIRC.

Not to mention he had let go of Mjolnir and in that era he gradually changed into Olsen.

Also, Harald would easily be Sky father if he was legitimately that strong and durable. As it stands, it's not relevant.

I was thinking about when Destroyer literally beat him to death in Thor v2 1.

I don't think Harald would be comparable to Odin, do you?

Old Post May 1st, 2014 03:10 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by abhilegend
I was thinking about when Destroyer literally beat him to death in Thor v2 1.

I don't think Harald would be comparable to Odin, do you?

The Destroyer used it's ultimate weapon, the disintegration beam, to finally defeat Thor.

The comic being a Max Imprint written by Ennis allowed extreme brutality, but in the sphere of that book, nothing short of elite Skyfather can compare to Harald in regards to physical durability/strength. Harold in a regular comic would of course not been any match for Odin. But again, he probably wouldn't do nearly as well against Thor.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 03:14 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

The Destroyer used it's ultimate weapon, the disintegration beam, to finally defeat Thor.

The comic being a Max Imprint written by Ennis allowed extreme brutality, but in the sphere of that book, nothing short of elite Skyfather can compare to Harald in regards to physical durability/strength. Harold in a regular comic would of course not been any match for Odin. But again, he probably wouldn't do nearly as well against Thor.

Yeah, but he totally beat Thor down physically first.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...troyer36v21.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Destroyer37.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Destroyer38.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Destroyer39.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Destroyer40.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Destroyer41.jpg

So you do agree he wasn't Odin level, right?

Old Post May 1st, 2014 03:28 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

no expression

All that proves is that you need to be more powerful then the Destroyer to fit the parameters of this thread and that Thor has ridiculous damage soak to the point it's compared to Adamantium:
(please log in to view the image)

Also no, the Destroyer wasn't on Odin's level in regards to power but this thread isn't about who has the physical edge over Thor, it's about who can physically break him as referenced in the OP. Please do everyone a favor and learn to read.

Even in that arc, he comes back and does well (Albeit with a surprise):
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

And an injured Thor, against a more powerful Destroyer, under the same writer, ONCE AGAIN, comes back from a brutal ass kicking and does well:

Dynamic Strength!

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on May 1st, 2014 at 04:01 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2014 03:56 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

romita jr scenes >

Old Post May 1st, 2014 04:01 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

no expression

All that proves is that you need to be more powerful then the Destroyer to fit the parameters of this thread and that Thor has ridiculous damage soak to the point it's compared to Adamantium:

Also no, the Destroyer wasn't on Odin's level in regards to power but this thread isn't about who has the physical edge over Thor, it's about who can physically break him as referenced in the OP. Please do everyone a favor and learn to read.

Even in that arc, he comes back and does well (Albeit with a surprise):
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

And an injured Thor, against a more powerful Destroyer, under the same writer, ONCE AGAIN, comes back from a brutal ass kicking and does well:

Dynamic Strength!

And what's wrong with what I said? OP said provide a character who can physically maul Thor and Destroyer fits the bill perfectly. It used energy blasts in the fight but he can break Thor's arm, legs and push his face in a forum fight. Do you disagree?

And I literally lol'd at your attempts to dignify Thor's losses at every turn. Someone has inferiority complex I see.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 04:13 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Jahf

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 1st, 2014 04:23 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

And what's wrong with what I said? OP said provide a character who can physically maul Thor and Destroyer fits the bill perfectly. It used energy blasts in the fight but he can break Thor's arm, legs and push his face in a forum fight. Do you disagree?

First of all, the fight you referenced is a horrible support example for your point as for the first half, Thor was purposefully absorbing ridiculous amounts of damage, and even after the repeated beating, he wasn't nearly in as bad a state as the OP asked.

Also, there are literally entire issues dedicated to the Destroyer beating on Thor and the Odinson getting right back up despite the ridiculous power of the armor.

I personally don't think it's feasible even for the armor to be able to shatter Thor to the extent that his arms and legs are broken. I think nothing short of Odin can try to accomplish such a brutal beating.

When it comes to endurance and physical fortitude (I.e. bones) Thor's on the opposite end of the spectrum from Wonder Woman imo.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on May 1st, 2014 at 04:31 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2014 04:27 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

First of all, the fight you referenced is a horrible support example for your point as for the first half, Thor was purposefully absorbing ridiculous amounts of damage, and even after the repeated beating, he wasn't nearly in as bad a state as the OP asked.

Also, there are literally entire issues dedicated to the Destroyer beating on Thor and the Odinson getting right back up despite the ridiculous power of the armor.

I personally don't think it's feasible even for the armor to be able to shatter Thor to the extent that his arms and legs are broken. I think nothing short of Odin can try to accomplish such a brutal beating.

When it comes to endurance and physical fortitude (I.e. bones) Thor's on the opposite end of the spectrum from Wonder Woman imo.

And there is nothing stopping Destroyer pounding Thor into a paste in a forum setting since Thor can't actually hurt it and it doesn't gets tired.

Thor has ridiculous damage soak, no doubt about it. But even he would get broken in a slugfest with Destroyer, any herald would.

Odin can and has done it and Destroyer would too, it would take some long time.

Oh and H/P Doomsday would break Thor in half.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 04:44 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Rage you don't believe that Thanos would be able to eventually beat the snot out of Thor? When last I checked none of Thor's blows worked against Thanos. Thanos on the other hand was pushing Thor around. Do you think that that was a good showing for Thanos? If so what about when Thor had the Power gem, and was still unable to put Thanos down.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 05:23 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

And there is nothing stopping Destroyer pounding Thor into a paste in a forum setting since Thor can't actually hurt it and it doesn't gets tired.

Thor has ridiculous damage soak, no doubt about it. But even he would get broken in a slugfest with Destroyer, any herald would.

He can knock Thor out eventually but physically shatter him and break his bones? That's not very realistic.

It'd require some contrived scenarios such as Thor's arm being on a Adamantium slab as the Destroyer continuously pounds away for a nondescript but incredibly long amount of time.

When has Odin accomplished this? When he wrecked Masterson, he was depowered.

Unfortunately, Thor's bones don't break as easily as Superman's.

I guess it might be possible for someone like Hunter Prey or the Destroyer, with sufficient amount of time to do this kind of damage, but it is unlikely if not downright impossible in any scenario where Thor is fighting back.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 05:28 AM
Stoic
Avenger

He can knock Thor out eventually but physically shatter him and break his bones? That's not very realistic.

It'd require some contrived scenarios such as Thor's arm being on a Adamantium slab as the Destroyer continuously pounds away for a nondescript but incredibly long amount of time.

I guess it might be possible for someone like Hunter Prey or the Destroyer, with sufficient amount of time to do this kind of damage, but it is unlikely if not downright impossible in any scenario where Thor is fighting back.

Actually the Destroyer did break Thor's arm several years ago during a fight, and it wasn't pinned down by anything. The Destroyer (I believe Tarene was within it) took Thor's hammer away from him, and shattered his arm.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 05:35 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Re: Who is the weakest character that can utterly dominate Thor physically?

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Who is the weakest character that can break Thors arms, break his legs, and knock all the teeth out of his mouth with nothing but pure brute force?

100% melee battle and no other powers, abilities, or tech is allowed (Thor only gets Mjolnir here)...

Who is the weakest character that can physically dominate Thor to such an extent?
An out of character Superman.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 1st, 2014 05:54 AM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

So now even Odin and destroyer have trouble with breaking Thor's arms?

Hahaha. You think Thor's bones are more durable than Superman, let alone a Superman amped to this degree?

Originally posted by Galan007
Section IV: H/P ("Hunter/Prey") Doomsday

It turns out that Superman was substantially amped when he battled H/P Doomsday--before he even acquired a Mother Box...

A few months before the H/P arc began, a depowered Superman encountered Henshaw in 'Superman' v2 #82. As you can see, Henshaw attempted to kill Supes via blasting him with k-nite, but Eradicator jumped in the way of the blast before it directly touched Supes(essentially sacrificing himself), and the bleed-over energies then passed into Superman himself. After this happened, Supes was not only returned to full power, but he felt better than ever:
http://imgur.com/afwas1f
http://imgur.com/rTviBRf
http://imgur.com/sIa6JDf
http://imgur.com/aifJIPm
http://imgur.com/f7Mln3d
http://imgur.com/UAFgRuW
http://imgur.com/nAPpc9q
"I'm rejuvenated in a way I never thought possible! Something tells me I'll be able to handle anything better than ever!"

Soon thereafter(the same month/year the H/P arc began), it would be revealed that Superman had become immensely more powerful. Examples...

"Just tapped him a little... And he flew back like I hit him with my best haymaker!":
http://imgur.com/cyXBzZW

"Even using as little effort as possible, I'm still stronger...faster...and more powerful than ever before!":
http://imgur.com/Us6v8mS

Hamilton explains Superman's amp...

"You're absorbing solar radiation--and other energies--much faster than ever before! This is because you've been irradiated by something vaguely familiar to Kryptonite--call it Kryptonite-X."

Superman: "The last time I was exposed to Kryptonite, it passed through the Eradiactor first... Recharging my powers instantly!"

Hamilton: "A bit of foreshadowing there, I'd say. Bluntly, there's no physical way to expend your energy fast enough. Your powers will keep increasing until your body can't contain them.":
http://imgur.com/Q4ptobr
http://imgur.com/1Sb6SFT

His power increase was ambiguously alluded to during the H/P arc itself...

I'm better than before, too! Stronger.":
http://imgur.com/8cCM1Ii

However, his hugely amplified power during the H/P arc would be flat-out stated years later, in 'The Man of Tomorrow' #9...

"After his recovery, [Superman] was stronger than ever. Good thing, too--'cause Doomsday had cheated death as well! Even with the extra power, he still needed some gizmo called a 'Mother Box' to help him stand up to Doomsday.":
http://imgur.com/SuRu2cz

In a nutshell: Superman was massively amped when the H/P arc began(to the point that he could use as little effort as possible, and was still more powerful than he was at his standard levels), yet was laughably inferior to H/P Doomsday. He then further amped his powers with a Mother Box, and was still barely able to give DD pause.

That is a huge testament to how f*cking powerful Doomsday was during that arc. FAR more powerful than I'd previously thought, tbh.

If you think so, you're delusional. Simple as that. In fact Superman would turn Thor's bones into dust if ****ing Ulik with his pounders was doing it to Thor.

http://i.imgur.com/4EvPNQS.jpg

And I may have to remind you, you ran away when I created Thor/Superman durability thread. I can easily bump it if you want to discuss their comparative durability.

Last edited by abhilegend on May 1st, 2014 at 06:10 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2014 06:04 AM
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by carver9
This thread is made to lowball Thor. Don't know why when overall the character is amazing. Maybe we need to make a thread on "who can turn Nimrod to dust with a single punch".

What are you basing this belief upon?

I simply thought it was a unique, interesting, thread idea that went beyond the standard "Character A vs Character B....who wins" type of thread...

You could make a "who could turn Nimrod into dust with a single punch thread" btw; I don't have that kind of fanboyish allegiance to any character and it wouldn't bother me one bit...

Old Post May 1st, 2014 06:40 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Interesting debate thus far guys... thumb up

Old Post May 1st, 2014 06:41 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

I've seen some pretty good answers so far...

I am thinking that the Destroyer would eventually be able to do it (after having KO'ed Thor 1st)...

Hunter Prey Doomsday (seeing as how he was capable of breaking the Superman's arm) should be able to do it...

But since we are looking for the weakest character who can do it, whats wrong with a sufficiently enraged Hulk (who only tiers as a Mid Herald) accomplishing this?

I don't see why Hulk unbound (as he was when he shattered Onslaughts armor) would be incapable of breaking Thor...

Old Post May 1st, 2014 06:51 AM
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by zopzop
I think like twice, Tutinax had him at his mercy but was stopped by Ghaur. Once the fight was out of Thor (ie he was unconscious) what would stop Tutinax from tearing him apart?

Interesting! thumb up

And he did have Thor at his mercy...

I honestly don't see why he couldn't tear Thor apart while he had him unconscious...

Old Post May 1st, 2014 06:55 AM
TheLordofMurder

thumb up

Old Post May 1st, 2014 07:00 AM