KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect: Andromeda

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Renegade
No, Shepussy is the Queen of the Galaxy.
(please log in to view the image)

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 1st, 2014 10:15 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Shepard being a shit dancer will never not be funny.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 10:38 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Old Post May 1st, 2014 11:19 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by The Renegade
No, Shepussy is the Queen of the Galaxy.

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
BroShep > FemShep.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Broshep is supreme. Suck it haters

PWNT

Old Post May 1st, 2014 11:56 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Misogynists.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 12:02 AM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Stealth Moose

BroShep >>>>> FemShep. Admit it.
thumb up

Hale's delivery is garbage.

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 12:27 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Wrong. Get off of Janus' sack.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 12:39 AM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Would you guys prefer a sequel or prequel to the original story?

Definitely a sequel. More opportunities for the choices to really feel important with a sequel. Would prefer it to be hundreds/thousands of years after the Shepard saga, though.

I really can't wait for more information on this. There are so many possibilities as to what they could do. My bet is that it may have something to do with the Yahg. They seem like such an interesting species with so much potential. I could see the idea of the Yahg becoming a big galactic threat being so cool if done right.

I also hope this next game is the start of another trilogy and not just stand alone. That's part of what made Mass Effect so amazing and unique is that it was envisioned from the start as a coherent trilogy with choices/consequences that could carry over and be immediate and intense in a way that having a more disjointed story like Dragon Age or the SWKOTOR games wouldn't allow.

Last edited by BackFire on May 2nd, 2014 at 01:36 AM

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 01:32 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I remember seeing an interview where Bioware has said that it will be a new trilogy and not have Sheppard in it.

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 12:28 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

It won't. I know that much. They've already outlined that it won't be a part of Shepard's saga, nor should it be. His story has been exhausted. They need to move on and it's a rich enough universe/lore that they can comfortably.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 05:28 PM
BackFire

Yeah, definitely won't have Shepard in it. Sounds like it probably won't have any of the squadmates from Shepard's saga in any large roles, either. I haven't heard any confirmation on it being the start of a new trilogy yet, though. Probably a safe bet, would be stupid for them to not to do that.

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 07:37 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

If it's hundreds of years later, I'd maybe call a Grunt cameo or something. I hope it's not shortly after, honestly. Not my preference. However, as long as it is executed properly, whether it be prequel or sequel, I'll be apathetic as to where it starts.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 08:38 PM
BackFire

Agreed. I imagine a Grunt/Liara cameo would be possible.

Old Post May 3rd, 2014 12:22 AM
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by Smasandian
I agree. In most cases, a prequel would be kind of boring.

But as Arachnid has said, Mass Effect is in a unique position where they can have "prequel" but it has nothing to do with Sheppard.

Look at KOTOR, I thought it was dumb that they were releasing a Star Wars RPG thousands of years before the first movie. But for me, I actually enjoyed it much more than any other Star Wars media because it was completely new.

I also was initially turned off at the thousand of years before the movies quote but like with everyone it turned out to be one of the best Star Wars games ever.

But Mass Effect isn't even close in the depth or richness of Star Wars even with all of it's warts.

I wouldn't mind a side story to Mass Effect 3 actually. A lot of potential in that storyline. You could have a team of Earthlings surviving the months it took for Shepard to come back or whatnot.

Don't know how they can remake a threat on the level of the Reapers.

Old Post May 3rd, 2014 02:07 AM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I think it would be a mistake to try and create another Reaper level threat. In fact, I'd like it if they did something a bit smaller in scale. Something maybe more political.

A new race coming into contact that is hostile and powerful, but not on the level of the Reapers. Or the Yahg trying to wrest control of the galaxy from the Council races. Something like that.

Old Post May 3rd, 2014 09:01 AM
Arachnid1

PWNT

Old Post Jun 9th, 2014 10:13 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Really underwhelmed, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 06:35 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

How can you be underwhelmed?....they didn't show anything. It was telling us that Mass Effect 4 is in development and it will be something new....

And show the tech (which looks absolutely gorgeous).....so what were you expecting?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 03:43 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Something that didn't underwhelm him?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 03:48 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But nothing was shown. It's a video telling people what route they are taking and how it will look.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 03:57 AM