KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect: Andromeda

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « First ... « 31 32 [33] 34 35 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I hear that some people even are female.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 07:53 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Those are just unconfirmed rumors, though.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 07:59 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro Yet I bet you can't cherry pick a single line of dialogue in the original trilogy that's this bad, lol. You might get one from ME1 when the dialogue and voice acting was at its worst, but that's the best I'll give you.

Kasumi's boner for Jacob was pretty cringy. Everything Ashley Williams said. Religion this, screw aliens that. Even Jack's I'm a badass, don't mess with me shtick can be tiresome.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 11:10 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The one that comes to mind for me immediately is Jakob's line in ME3 - "I can feel it, can you feel it?"

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 11:16 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Trocity
People play as a female? Odd.
Played as a male for every single playthrough I've ever done in a ME game. Decided to try something different and go FemShep for my current playthrough.

Also, why is that odd?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 12:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by socool8520
Kasumi's boner for Jacob was pretty cringy.

That's just because she's your waifu and you're super upset about him cucking you. Kasumi's voice acting is a little weird yeah, though I think the intention is that she's speaking her second language.

quote:
Everything Ashley Williams said. Religion this, screw aliens that.

Afraid not jack, I've recently played the games and there is nothing particularly wrong with Ashley's dialogue, except perhaps the notion that it was supposed to make me think she was an interesting character. thumb up

quote:
Even Jack's I'm a badass, don't mess with me shtick can be tiresome.

Jack is literally an edgy Linkin Park emo womanchild due to her backstory my friend. Sara Ryder as far as I know is not meant to be autistic, and Suvi's emotionless delivery is similarly awful. thumb up

The closest a line with a love interest has gotten to being as cringey and awful as what I posted is "Sneaking into the captain's quarters. Heavy risk... but the priiiiize."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 12:15 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Eh, to be fair, Ashley really does come across as a bit of a racist (specist?) sometimes.

Not gonna say she's badly written, but she wasn't particularly likeable to me either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 08:09 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by -Pr-
Eh, to be fair, Ashley really does come across as a bit of a racist (specist?) sometimes.

Not gonna say she's badly written, but she wasn't particularly likeable to me either.
Okay but uh, what's the point?

I didn't particularly like Ashley, but her dialogue was neither poorly-written nor poorly voice-acted, at least not to the level of what I've posted in this thread from Andromeda, like Sara Ryder's flirting with Suvi. Her being moderately xenophobic has nothing to do with that.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 11:11 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by NemeBro
Okay but uh, what's the point?

I didn't particularly like Ashley, but her dialogue was neither poorly-written nor poorly voice-acted, at least not to the level of what I've posted in this thread from Andromeda, like Sara Ryder's flirting with Suvi. Her being moderately xenophobic has nothing to do with that.

Oh, I just wanted an excuse to rag on Ashley. I found the poetry thing a bit weird myself, but no, she's not particularly badly written.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 04:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Oh, I just wanted an excuse to rag on Ashley. I found the poetry thing a bit weird myself, but no, she's not particularly badly written.
My character ragged on Ashley in ME1 if you know what I mean. I wasn't too excited that she came back in ME3 though, would've preferred to have a larger Miranda presence.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 08:28 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Think Imma skip this game. Got my hands full with the new Zelda

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 09:34 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

There are some moments when you're off duty like movie night with your crew that are so cringey yet so funny at the same time. I love them.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 01:04 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Firefly218
My character ragged on Ashley in ME1 if you know what I mean. I wasn't too excited that she came back in ME3 though, would've preferred to have a larger Miranda presence.

What annoyed me was that they had to go and make her hot in ME3. I was so conflicted! Then she was a ***** on Mars and I was put off al over again.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 03:47 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Finally reached the ending. I liked the part where [SPOILER - highlight to read]: a message was sent to the Milky Way galaxy and the Initiative gets a reply back instantaneously from a green glowing Ashley Williams confirming Synthesis as the true ending. Also Bioware hates Kaidan.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Apr 1st, 2017 at 06:28 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 06:20 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some points I keep hearing is, would there "really" be so many older people and non-herero's on a mission to repopulate a species?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 03:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by cdtm
Some points I keep hearing is, would there "really" be so many older people and non-herero's on a mission to repopulate a species?

how long did it take you to finish

would you recommend the game

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 02:07 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Update arriving this Thursday.

quote:

Patch 1.05

Improved tutorial placement

Single player balance changes:
Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks & progression

Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies

Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map

Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs

Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO

Fixed various collision issues

Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct

Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs

Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times

Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save

Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose

Fixes issues related to some saves

Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer

Streaming and stability improvements

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 11:38 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

They should drop the stupid multiplayer and focus entirely on the single player.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 10:04 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Mass Effect 3 is really good so far, not reached the endings yet but the hate this game gets is very overrated thus far. Did the Thessia mission and I'm currently doing the Omega DLC.

But holy ****ing shit did this game miss the opportunity to give you a Batarian squadmate. That would have been so ****ing cool and would have written itself, but **** no the only new squadmates are EDI, Chad Thundercock, and Prothy the Prothean. All of these characters are excellent, but a former member of the Batarian Hegemony and a veteran of the Skyllian Blitz would have given Shepard a squadmate who, unlike other squadmates, would have very intense personal reasons to dislike Shepard, but be forced to work with him/her because they're the best hope against the Reapers. Shitsux **** this game Bioware is full of hacks.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2017 11:41 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Most people complain about the ending. Earlier stuff has its issues, but in general it's very good with a couple of really stand-out missions.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 9th, 2017 01:07 AM