KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect: Andromeda

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « First ... « 35 36 [37]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Bioware released an official statement confirming what everyone expected - No more single player patches or releases for ME:A. Game is now officially done.

https://www.masseffect.com/news/mas...from-the-studio

Unclear what exactly this means for the franchise as a whole, as there were some tweets from employees, most significantly Hudson, saying that he wants to make more Mass Effect games at some point.

But honestly it looks like this is the end for ME for a while. I have trouble really figuring out how to fit a new ME game into their upcoming schedule.

The A team is working on Anthem right now, then you have to assume after that comes out they'll concentrate on the next Dragon Age game, and they've implied that Anthem is going to be a 10 year product like Destiny. So unless they're going to hand Mass Effect over to a new team once again (which I think is very unlikely since that was a big part of ME:A's downfall) I don't really see where one fits into their timeline in the next several years.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 10:00 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Mon dieu

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 11:02 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Not at all surprised, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 11:20 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It was to be expected but man, when you realize you live in a world now where Fable III can warrant a couple expansions but a Mass Effect game can't, you're left baffled.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 12:25 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Andromeda should've had continued support with more updates and DLC added. After seeing the recent game from Bioware and the reaction it got, abandoning this seemed like a pointless thing to do.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 26th, 2019 at 03:43 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 03:36 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I just hope Anthem won't hurt Dragon Age 4.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 05:16 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Bioware released an official statement confirming what everyone expected - No more single player patches or releases for ME:A. Game is now officially done.

https://www.masseffect.com/news/mas...from-the-studio

Unclear what exactly this means for the franchise as a whole, as there were some tweets from employees, most significantly Hudson, saying that he wants to make more Mass Effect games at some point.

But honestly it looks like this is the end for ME for a while. I have trouble really figuring out how to fit a new ME game into their upcoming schedule.

The A team is working on Anthem right now, then you have to assume after that comes out they'll concentrate on the next Dragon Age game, and they've implied that Anthem is going to be a 10 year product like Destiny. So unless they're going to hand Mass Effect over to a new team once again (which I think is very unlikely since that was a big part of ME:A's downfall) I don't really see where one fits into their timeline in the next several years.
dang, this stinks

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 05:28 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote