KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect: Andromeda

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Im guessing he was expecting...something. Anything.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 04:40 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
How can you be underwhelmed?....they didn't show anything. It was telling us that Mass Effect 4 is in development and it will be something new....

And show the tech (which looks absolutely gorgeous).....so what were you expecting?

I just was hoping for an actual announcement as to what they were doing with ME4. Something about the game itself, not just a tech demo.

And for Casey Hudson not to be so in charge, after ME3.

Just personally.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 09:59 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I guess they shouldn't of said anything.

It's well known that it will be a few more years before we see a new Mass Effect.

But I will say that the video talked about a new IP, which is pretty exciting.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 03:36 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Smasandian
I guess they shouldn't of said anything.

It's well known that it will be a few more years before we see a new Mass Effect.

But I will say that the video talked about a new IP, which is pretty exciting.

I was just hoping for something more definitive. I mean, Mass Effect 3 came out in early 2012. I don't mind taking 3-4 years to develop a new game, but I would have at least liked to hear something specific.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 03:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

While I think every announcement should come with it's steamers and confetti as well (not really), it's at least good to hear they're working on it.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 04:23 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Maybe that's what it was; I already knew it was most likely being worked on, so i'd been hoping for some actual details at the show.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 04:26 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Imo if you don't have anything worthwhile to say or show about the project itself, after the initial announcement of you working on it you shouldn't talk about it until you do.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 05:34 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Imo if you don't have anything worthwhile to say or show about the project itself, after the initial announcement of you working on it you shouldn't talk about it until you do.

Weren't they showing off level and planet designs, the protagonist's default armor plus the galaxy map?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 14th, 2014 at 05:41 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 05:39 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Weren't they showing off level designs, the protagonist's default armor and the galaxy map?

From what I saw the level stuff was basically just a tech demo of how the graphics and stuff look. A shot of armor is worthless and a galaxy map could have been shown later when they were giving more info on the places to go and alien races

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 05:41 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's what I took from it.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 06:04 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

They can't possibly do a sequel to the ME trilogy. I'm guessing they'll do a prequel covering humanity's discovery of the mass relays. Humanity's first contact with alien, celestial life would be cool. Kinda like reentering the universe with fresh eyes

Old Post Jun 16th, 2014 11:01 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Firefly218
They can't possibly do a sequel to the ME trilogy. I'm guessing they'll do a prequel covering humanity's discovery of the mass relays. Humanity's first contact with alien, celestial life would be cool. Kinda like reentering the universe with fresh eyes
That would be kind of cool, but coming into contact with new races kind of loses that 'exploration of the unknown; feel when we've already met those races before. I would prefer this to take place in a new galaxy with new races. Make it set after the trilogy and newer, more powerful relays that allow travel to places never reached before. That would be damn amazing

PWNT

Old Post Jun 16th, 2014 11:27 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

A prequel would suck.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2014 11:38 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I like prequels. I think Mass Effect universe is ripe for a prequel. There is so many references to ancient civilizations in the Codex entries that a sequel would be killer.

I would love to play as a difference race stepping on Earth for the first time or visit other planets in our solar system.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2014 11:44 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

So Casey Hudson left bioware today

Old Post Aug 8th, 2014 12:59 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Oh well.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2014 02:08 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Just thought it was worth mentioning. And wondering what effect it will have on bioware going forward

Old Post Aug 8th, 2014 02:08 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Probably not a lot. It's a very large company with multiple branches so I can't see one person changing that.

I could be a bad thing or a good thing. Who knows.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2014 02:10 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Well he was directly in charge of the first trilogy. So I think with no involvement at all bioware might want different things for them

Old Post Aug 8th, 2014 02:12 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I guess. I don't know, I never worked there so I don't know how much final say he had.

I'm guessing a fair bit but it's not like he didn't have help.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2014 02:46 AM