KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect: Andromeda

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Yeah. One of the main writers on ME left the project and the story died with his departure. Look it up. I'd post it but I'm on my phone right now.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 08:17 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

All right I'll google it sometime today thumb up

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 08:18 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
He did far more good than bad. It's not even comparable.

Mass Effect 3 is an entire third of the trilogy; any issues with that game are down to him in the end, aren't they?

Every time I think about it, I get the impression that Hudson is the Lucas of Mass Effect. Great ideas man, but don't let him near the nitty gritty.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
All right I'll google it sometime today thumb up

Yeah, his name's Drew Karpyshyn. He was head writer on the first two games, but left after ME2. He freely admits that he only had a general idea of what the plot was going to be, but imo it's far better than the complete ****ing shift we got at the end of ME3 once you stepped through the light.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Aug 9th, 2014 at 09:17 AM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 09:14 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by -Pr-
Mass Effect 3 is an entire third of the trilogy; any issues with that game are down to him in the end, aren't they?

Every time I think about it, I get the impression that Hudson is the Lucas of Mass Effect. Great ideas man, but don't let him near the nitty gritty.

Yeah, his name's Drew Karpyshyn. He was head writer on the first two games, but left after ME2. He freely admits that he only had a general idea of what the plot was going to be, but imo it's far better than the complete ****ing shift we got at the end of ME3 once you stepped through the light.
thumb up

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 09:19 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I really hope ME4 is good. It should be. I just wonder what direction it'll be taken in now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 09:35 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

before he left he laid out a plan to make everyone even more angry now that he's gone

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 01:54 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by -Pr-

Sure. But not only was ME3 a good game (despite the ending), but Hudson served as director on three other great games. So yeah, far more good than bad, even if you think ME3 is bad game.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 06:04 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by ares834
Sure. But not only was ME3 a good game (despite the ending), but Hudson served as director on three other great games. So yeah, far more good than bad, even if you think ME3 is bad game.

Okay, I'd forgotten about KOTOR, so my bad on that one.

I don't think ME3 is necessarily a bad game, I just don't think that the bad of that game should be ignored either. I don't think it's out of line to say he done ****ed up in parts when it came to Mass Effect 3, and I honestly am somewhat glad he's gone, because I really wouldn't want him to be involved in the writing of ME4.

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
before he left he laid out a plan to make everyone even more angry now that he's gone

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 06:17 PM
KingD19

I won't deny that ME3 is like 90% Masterpiece. But the ending is a piece of sh*t, and despite the ending not being all that long, the fact that it had so much impact means it soured the rest of the game for me.

He had to know he was f*cking up, but he went through with it anyway.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 06:22 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I honestly don't agree that it's 90% masterpiece, but it's close, so the difference is negligible.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 06:27 PM
KingD19

Yeah. I was basically saying most of the game is amazing. Then the ending is trash. Not sure how to make an exact percentage though, lol.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 06:38 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think there are aspects to the game that are deeply flawed outside of the ending, but the ending is, I admit, the one big "holy shit" moment in the saga.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 06:52 PM
KingD19

That's true on both accounts. There's a lot of stuff littered throughout the game that makes it less than it could be, but that stuff is mostly forgivable if you can find it in your heart or don't think about it too much. The ending though.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 07:00 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah. If the ending had been satisfying, I would have been able to look past the issues I had with the rest of it... But nope.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 08:45 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by KingD19
I won't deny that ME3 is like 90% Masterpiece. But the ending is a piece of sh*t, and despite the ending not being all that long, the fact that it had so much impact means it soured the rest of the game for me.

He obviously knew. Seeing as it was him he stated that it wasn't going to be like that. He had to know it wasn't what he was promising and since he had final word on the creative decisions and when they were done. He let it go, especially since he was high up in the company to begin with and one of early members back when they were on their own. He can't even blame company oversight since he was given his own Ip in Mass Effect thanks to them trusting his work

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 09:23 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Originally posted by KingD19

I'd say a complete masterpiece, to be honest.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 04:25 AM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I recently watched a livestream of ME3 and it was surprisingly mediocre on the whole. Mostly from being rushed, poor design and executive meddling. Its still a good game, but no masterpiece.

I mean, Kai Lang? The dream sequences? The awful sidequest system? Cerberus? War assets? The intro? And all the stupid things they had to put in for new players. It occasionally touches brilliance, but theres still a lot wrong with the game other than the ending.

Last edited by Nephthys on Aug 10th, 2014 at 09:56 AM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 09:45 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
He obviously knew. Seeing as it was him he stated that it wasn't going to be like that. He had to know it wasn't what he was promising and since he had final word on the creative decisions and when they were done. He let it go, especially since he was high up in the company to begin with and one of early members back when they were on their own. He can't even blame company oversight since he was given his own Ip in Mass Effect thanks to them trusting his work

He also flat out lied to people. That's one of my biggest gripes. He promised us things but didn't deliver. And yes, I get that in gaming, you're supposed to hype up your own game, but the issue I have is that the things he promised us, we already got in the first two games. We just didn't in 3. Not like he said we would.

Originally posted by Nephthys
I recently watched a livestream of ME3 and it was surprisingly mediocre on the whole. Mostly from being rushed, poor design and executive meddling. Its still a good game, but no masterpiece.

I mean, Kai Lang? The dream sequences? The awful sidequest system? Cerberus? War assets? The intro? And all the stupid things they had to put in for new players. It occasionally touches brilliance, but theres still a lot wrong with the game other than the ending.

It's definitely a mixed bag. There is the bad like you said, but when it's good, it's very, very good.

There is a whole ****ton of pandering to more casual players, though, and it's especially evident in the dialogue system.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 11:22 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah. Theres maybe a hundred dialogue choices in the whole game, it's insane. It was barely an RPG in any area anymore. Limited dialogue, limited sidequests, limited customisation, very linear in terms of where you can go and what you can do.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 04:39 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Cutting out neutral dialogue choices is one of the worst development decisions I've ever seen.

Howdy!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 05:27 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote