KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » X-Men: Apocalypse

X-Men: Apocalypse
Started by: DARTH POWER

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
first class... it contradicts X3 & Origins and Dofp is setting it up as the real prequel to X1.

Contradicts it in what way? Xavier walking? They're going to explain that as seen in the trailers where Xavier is walking in DOFP.

X3 is canon, as shown in the end credit scene of the Wolverine, where Wolverine is shocked to see Xavier alive.

DOFP will change the timeline though, but it's unclear what it's going to change about previous films.

Originally posted by Golgo13
I just hope this latest one is good. The trailers don't look that good to me.

I'm sorry, but as much as I've bitched in the past about the way Fox has done X-Men, this looks damn good. Not to mention it's a sequel to First Class which is one of my all time favorite comic book movies.

Old Post May 11th, 2014 12:24 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

How about Prof X DYING lol

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post May 11th, 2014 05:11 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by DARTH POWER

X3 is canon, as shown in the end credit scene of the Wolverine, where Wolverine is shocked to see Xavier alive.

He gives some explanation that mutants are capable of all Sorts of remarkable things Lol

Old Post May 11th, 2014 08:30 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

If its canon its not much better.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post May 11th, 2014 10:28 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

No one involved with the film are sure anymore if Bryan Singer will be directing the next one:

http://variety.com/2014/scene/news/...ork-1201177554/

Old Post May 12th, 2014 10:19 AM
Senor Cage

Contradicts it in what way? Xavier walking? They're going to explain that as seen in the trailers where Xavier is walking in DOFP.

DOFP will change the timeline though, but it's unclear what it's going to change about previous films.

I'm sorry, but as much as I've bitched in the past about the way Fox has done X-Men, this looks damn good. Not to mention it's a sequel to First Class which is one of my all time favorite comic book movies.

First Class was one of my fav super hero films to date, but I don't have a good feeling about this one. Bryan Singer is hit or miss with me.

Old Post May 12th, 2014 10:57 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Golgo13
First Class was one of my fav super hero films to date, but I don't have a good feeling about this one. Bryan Singer is hit or miss with me.

Oh yeah I agree, I'm not a fan of Bryan Singer at all. Think he did not do a great job with initially bringing X-Men to the big screen, and Superman Returns was a horrible reintroduction to Superman on the big screen.

On the positive side X2 was a really great action flick Imo (although as an X-Men fan I have quite a few problems with it). And First Class was created by talks between Singer and Mathew Vaughn.

But the reasons I'm optimistic about this one is because: 10 Singer showed he can make a great action sequel with X2, and because 2) the story and script were done by Simon Kingerg and Mathew Vaughn. Vaughn was also supposed to direct DOFP initially, but at some point Singer stepped in to take over (probably realizing how huge this could be, and seeing it as an opportunity to redeem himself after Superman Returns). And 3) The initial reviews now seem very very positive.

Old Post May 12th, 2014 11:20 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Tbf X3 had solid reviews from the press, I've never understood why though.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post May 12th, 2014 01:18 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Not so much with that Rotten Tomatoes site.

Old Post May 12th, 2014 01:26 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Ah damn, looks like Wolverine will be in this, so I doubt they will let Cyclops stand out:

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/0...3-back-to-back/

Old Post May 12th, 2014 01:40 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Originally posted by Kazenji
Not so much with that Rotten Tomatoes site.
I meant pre-official release. I really hope Wolverine doesn't ruin this movie.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post May 12th, 2014 02:34 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I actually don't mind the third X-men

its okay if your not after much character development.

Old Post May 13th, 2014 06:52 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Oh yeah I agree, I'm not a fan of Bryan Singer at all. Think he did not do a great job with initially bringing X-Men to the big screen, and Superman Returns was a horrible reintroduction to Superman on the big screen.

On the positive side X2 was a really great action flick Imo (although as an X-Men fan I have quite a few problems with it). And First Class was created by talks between Singer and Mathew Vaughn.

But the reasons I'm optimistic about this one is because: 10 Singer showed he can make a great action sequel with X2, and because 2) the story and script were done by Simon Kingerg and Mathew Vaughn. Vaughn was also supposed to direct DOFP initially, but at some point Singer stepped in to take over (probably realizing how huge this could be, and seeing it as an opportunity to redeem himself after Superman Returns). And 3) The initial reviews now seem very very positive.

You don't like Apt. Pupil or Usual Suspects? Both near perfect films, IMO. His first X-Men was decent, too. And X2 was very good. His other films like Valkyrie, Superman, and Jack were awful/boring. So, he's hit or miss.

Old Post May 13th, 2014 07:14 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

With Superman it doesn't help when its trying to channel the Christopher Reeve's movies.

Old Post May 13th, 2014 07:30 AM
Darth Thor

I actually don't mind the third X-men

its okay if your not after much character development.

And it's awful if your a fan of the comics, given the treatment Juggernaut, Cyclops and Xavier got. (Although they've fixed the Xavier thing now).

Old Post May 13th, 2014 09:22 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

If you say so....

at least i enjoyed it even if it may not be a perfect movie.

Old Post May 13th, 2014 09:39 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Well I dislike comic Wolverine and Huge Jackedmans version is everything I dislike amped to the tenth degree.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post May 13th, 2014 04:38 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Might want rethink about X3 being canon

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...4/news/?a=99976

Old Post May 14th, 2014 02:57 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Yeah, well they had their chance with X-Men: First Class to say they were rebooting, but they decided they wanted it both ways and made The Wolverine and Days Of Future Past with the old continuity in mind.

DOFP is the true opportunity going forward to see Cyclops not going out like a punk. If it erases the events of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, that's fine with me too! big grin

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 14th, 2014 03:13 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Interesting. But I meant it's canon going into the beginning of the movie which it is. We always knew they wanted to change a few of the future films (mainly X3) by the end of DOFP by tweaking with the timeline.

Old Post May 14th, 2014 07:52 AM