KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » X-Men: Apocalypse

X-Men: Apocalypse
Started by: DARTH POWER

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Well, it would suit the character as Apocalypse is a known Jobber.....so, honestly it'd be spot on.

Personally, I just don't like his looks, as well as the looks of many other characters in the movie. Singer just can't stand letting super heroes look like super heroes.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 03:32 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb

Singer just can't stand letting super heroes look like super heroes.

That and he doesn't even bother to use the comics 100%, Hell he even banned the X-men Comics from the set in the past.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 05:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Shadow_King
If the apocalypse character ends up a huge failure and comes off as a saturday morning villain from power rangers who should shoulder the blame, bryan singer or fox??

Singer. Because he needs to leave the franchise. And I'm saying that as someone who really enjoyed DOFP.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 01:03 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Singer. Because he needs to leave the franchise. And I'm saying that as someone who really enjoyed DOFP.

Why does he need to leave?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 02:06 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Zack M

Because then we might finally get a faithful adaptation of X-Men, is why.

Though, as much as I've given Singer grief in the past, it isn't just him. It's his writers too imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 02:20 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

Originally posted by -Pr-
Because then we might finally get a faithful adaptation of X-Men, is why.

Though, as much as I've given Singer grief in the past, it isn't just him. It's his writers too imo.

If you never read the comics would you still think his x-men movies were bad or good??

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 06:41 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zack M

Firstly as you know, I'm not a big fan of any 1 Director staying on the same franchise for too long. That's one point where I 100% agree with that tool John Campea.

Second his first 2 X-Men movies didn't get that X-Men were a team, and he was the reason that Trilogy became a Wolverine trilogy instead of an X-Men trilogy.

Third, I do think Singer did a great job with DOFP, but people forget that was all set up by Mathew Vaughn before Singer took over. So I personally feel (after also taking First Class into account) the majority of credit should go to Mathew Vaughn for getting the X-Men movie franchise back on track.

In terms of writers I'm Iffy on Kinberg also. He wrote DOFP (with a lot of Vaughn's input though). But he also wrote X-Men Last Stand, and the new Fantastic Four movie.

So now with Singer and Kinberg doing Apocalypse, I am really worried about it. If they knock it out of the park, then that's great, but I still feel they should leave the franchise while things are good, and pass the torch on to some new people. Instead of sticking around until they royally screw up (again).

If you never read the comics would you still think his x-men movies were bad or good??

I think I still wouldn't appreciate that he made Team movies which were not Team movies and instead all boiled down to 1 hero. But that's just me.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Dec 21st, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 10:53 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I honestly have no idea.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 03:13 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

seeing the superbowl spot makes me all that much more excited to see this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 8th, 2016 04:55 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The thing that's taken all the excitement out of this for me is Apoc's look.

I really hope they surprise us at the end by having him mutate/transform into his comic book look (which isn't difficult and looks so much better than this rubbish). Otherwise I will walk out of this disappointed tbh.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2016 11:50 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

The thing that's taken all the excitement out of this for me is Apoc's look.

I really hope they surprise us at the end by having him mutate/transform into his comic book look (which isn't difficult and looks so much better than this rubbish). Otherwise I will walk out of this disappointed tbh.

It's not like he looks perfect in the comics, with that cheesy A on his belt. I'm okay with his look, and I love that he can increase his mass hugely in the movie.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 8th, 2016 04:56 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm liking Apoc here as well.

The big problem I see (for me at least) is Jennifer Lawrence. I'm so damn sick of her and it seems she is going to once more have a large role...

Old Post Feb 8th, 2016 05:02 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider
It's not like he looks perfect in the comics, with that cheesy A on his belt. I'm okay with his look, and I love that he can increase his mass hugely in the movie.

Well obviously they should get rid of the "A" on his belt. But the face and costume/armour isn't right. Should have been CGI Imo.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2016 06:49 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by roughrider

thumb up

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 9th, 2016 01:20 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I thought they fixed his look quite a bit. Since first trailer at least.

I like A on his belt sad

Old Post Feb 9th, 2016 02:22 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I thought they fixed his look quite a bit. Since first trailer at least.

Oh it's definitely improved. Looked outright awful before.

Still ain't Apoc though.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2016 10:50 AM
steverules_2

Not until he has a giant A belt

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 9th, 2016 11:10 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Oh it's definitely improved. Looked outright awful before.

Still ain't Apoc though.

You can say that about pretty much every FOX-Men character, to be fair.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2016 08:55 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I know, but for some reason when they announced Apocalypse, I was just expecting comic book Apoc.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2016 11:57 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Should we list all those villains that got messed up over the years by Fox, Sony and even MCU...?

Actually, I was afraid Apoc would be just a boy with telekinesis powers and immortality. I'm relieved.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 12:19 AM