KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » X-Men: Apocalypse

X-Men: Apocalypse
Started by: DARTH POWER

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW

100% comicbook Apoc on the big screen would've been awesome, but only Disney could get it right, with TONS of good CGI and luck.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 12:21 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
100% comicbook Apoc on the big screen would've been awesome, but only Disney could get it right, with TONS of good CGI and luck.
and a very good voice actor too

Sig by top guy One Angry Scot
Ignore list is for pussies and cowards

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 01:14 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Its singer who doesn't give shit about actually reading the comics, Just flips through a book and moves on.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 05:33 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Not sure I'll go. Been slowly losing interest since the first class. The amount of inconsistencies in these movies. If you're going to replace 90% of the original cast just reboot the whole thing already instead of keeping this messed up continuity. Time travel retcon has never been a good plot. Also the last three movies were centered around Mystique which i'd be fine with if she had some sort of connection to the comicbook character. But its like they've created a completely new character that happens to have a similar name and powers to a certain comicbook character. If I had to make a comparison with another franchise it feels like watching a 2 hour long Star Ward Christmas Special to me. Same universe but completely different characters I can't get myself to care about.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 07:12 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

Valid reasons to dislike those movies, sure...

... but your credibility died when you admitted you liked TASM 2.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 11:34 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Valid reasons to dislike those movies, sure...

... but your credibility died when you admitted you liked TASM 2.
It's the excitement of seeing Spider-man portrayed accurately. I still say that this is the best Spider-man portrayal on the big screen to this today. It just wasn't a very good movie for an average (non-Spider fan) viewer. On the other hand X-men movies might as well be a fanfic at this point.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 09:30 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

Originally posted by SamZED
It's the excitement of seeing Spider-man portrayed accurately.

erm

So Parker uses his super-science to create an automatic lock in his room so he can masturbate to some photos of an average blond girl from his class?

I still say that this is the best Spider-man portrayal on the big screen to this today. It just wasn't a very good movie for an average (non-Spider fan) viewer. On the other hand X-men movies might as well be a fanfic at this point.

Continuity gets messed with all the time, in comics themselves, too. DOFP was a fantastic movie, guess you're just not a fan of Xavier/Mags bromance/conflict. There are entire megathreads about them - more than 50 years of comics. Very interesting read, I may link you later.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 10:47 AM
Kazenji

The way i see the movies is that they're another universe

like with the comics you have the 616, Ultimate universe (Which now is with the 616) and all the various other ones.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 12:08 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

erm

So Parker uses his super-science to create an automatic lock in his room so he can masturbate to some photos of an average blond girl from his class?
No, that would be an accurate portrayal of any male teenager's life. I'm talking about heroics mixed with humor. Character in general like that scene with a kid who was bullied in an alley etc.

quote:

Continuity gets messed with all the time, in comics themselves, too. DOFP was a fantastic movie, guess you're just not a fan of Xavier/Mags bromance/conflict. There are entire megathreads about them - more than 50 years of comics. Very interesting read, I may link you later.
Actually Magneto/Xavier bromance is the part I like about the movies. It's all the other stuff. Like how the fck did X-men became a story about a love triangle (square?) between Magneto/Charles/Mystique/Beast. Also when they started Xavier was a wrinkly old man in a wheel chair, while Jean, Storm etc. we're in their late 20s early 30s. Now they are all roughly the same age. Because screw it, time travel. Just dress them all up in jumpsuits and helmets and call the movie "power ranges". These movies have about as much incommon with them as they do with the X-men comics.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 07:31 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Actually Magneto/Xavier bromance is the part I like about the movies. It's all the other stuff. Like how the fck did X-men became a story about a love triangle (square?) between Magneto/Charles/Mystique/Beast. Also when they started Xavier was a wrinkly old man in a wheel chair, while Jean, Storm etc. we're in their late 20s early 30s. Now they are all roughly the same age. Because screw it, time travel. Just dress them all up in jumpsuits and helmets and call the movie "power ranges". These movies have about as much incommon with them as they do with the X-men comics.

What? They are not all the same age. The new Jean, Scott and Storm all look to be in their late teens in this, while Xavier has entered his early 40's (And both he and Alex Summers are rocking that early 80's Duran Duran hair, as this is set in 1983, right?) Mystique ages at a much slower rate due to her powers.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2016 11:12 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

The gap between them is not consistent. At least not based on their appearance. Unless Xavier went from Mcavoy to Stewart in like 10 years. I think either cinemasins or honest trailers actually did the math on that and Xavier must age faster than normal. Wouldn't be the first age related inconsistency. Emma Frost has some sort of Benjamin Button thing going on.

Attachment: patrick-stewart-james-mcavoy-x-men-bald.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 11:13 AM
Darth Thor

The age stuff is inconsistent, and I think we're supposed to imagine ourselves that they(Stewart and Macavoy) look the same Lol

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 12:55 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
God Emperor

I don't know if I'm even gonna watch this in theaters....ah shit, of course I am....I can't help watching a trainwreck on the big screen.

"Beneath this mask there's more than Flesh, there is an idea; and ideas are bulletproof."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 08:56 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I don't know if I'm even gonna watch this in theaters....ah shit, of course I am....I can't help watching a trainwreck on the big screen.

Why will be a trainwreck? They righted the ship with First Class five years ago, and Days Of Future Past was best and most profitable one yet. I think they've got it all on the right track.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 09:45 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Bryan Singer, though it depends more on the script and how much input he had in to it.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 10:38 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
and how much input he had in to it.

About as much as he had on Superman Returns

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 12:08 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Darth Thor
About as much as he had on Superman Returns

Singer and company announced X-Men: Apocalypse in the fall of 2013, while he was in post production of Days Of Future Past. It's why the teaser at the end was a young Apocalypse assembling the pyramids in ancient Egypt with telekinesis. It's been planned for a long time, not something rushed together after DOFP. Singer has input, has been behind this entire prequel trilogy.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 12:19 AM
Darth Thor

^ Singer had a lot of input for the last 2, but I think Vaughn was most directly responsible for First Class (my favourite X-Men movie), and he had a lot of involvement in the story/script for DOFP as well.

Vaughn has Zero involvement in this one. It will be pure Singer, which is worrying tbh.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 07:39 AM
CPT Space Bomb
God Emperor

Originally posted by roughrider
Why will be a trainwreck? They righted the ship with First Class five years ago, and Days Of Future Past was best and most profitable one yet. I think they've got it all on the right track.

Well, I had legitimate fears about BVS based off of the trailers. And I was disappointed with the final product.

I have the same fears with X-Men: Apocalypse based off of what I've seen from the trailers. So, I'm not expecting much from it.

"Beneath this mask there's more than Flesh, there is an idea; and ideas are bulletproof."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 03:48 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Ok. I just watched this movie and I have to ask....WTF were Apocs POWERS supposed to be?

He could control DIRT?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2016 06:19 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote