KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » X-Men: Apocalypse

X-Men: Apocalypse
Started by: DARTH POWER

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rick Deckard

Saw X-Men:Apocalypse a while back. My thoughts - AWESOME! I really enjoyed the film, despite not being a huge fan of all of the previous X-men films (with the exception of X-men 2 (2003) ). This is definitely my favorite X-men film - at this point.

I really liked the epic scope of this film; also, the physical appearance of Apocalypse was quite similar to what we've seen in the comic, despite being a lot smaller (except when he was in Xavier's dream/nightmare); I'm a purist when it comes to movies that adapt comics, so this was good to see. Apocalypse was an amazing villain, i.e.very evil, corrupt, and extremely powerful. The scene when he disarmed all of the world's nuclear weapons was amazing; as were the scenes when he destroyed various cities/buildings.

I liked the Punk Rock Storm (taken from the '80's Uncanny X-men comic); Psyloke (sp?!), and Angel with the metallic wings.

Being an '80's kid, I really liked the setting (1983) and all of the '80's references, including the younger X-men coming out of Return of the Jedi & discussing the film, as well as the very cool scene when Quicksilver (Magneto's son) quickly saves all of the X-men from the disintegrating mansion to the tune of the iconic tune Sweet Dreams (are made of this) by the Eurythmics - very cool!

The deleted Mall scene (which you can see online) was excellent; very funny; I remember '80's mall culture very well, i.e. video arcades, big shoe & record stores - all to the tune of another iconic '80's song, "Safety Dance" by Men without Hats. It was also funny how Scott told Jean that she looked like "Boy George" (Culture Club) - hilarious

Also, I'm not taking into account any of the previous X-men films when watching this one - it's too confusing trying to figure out where this stands in the continuity. So, as far as I'm concerned, this was a stand-alone film (though X-men: Days of Future Past was obviously referenced here).

My only complaint (a minor was) is that it would have been cool if we had seen Apocalypse being huge in actuality, as he is in the comic & as he appeared in Xavier's mind when they were fighting. But, it's possible that they only showed him being huge in the dream for stylistic purposes...

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 05:45 AM
Rick Deckard is currently offline Click here to Send Rick Deckard a Private Message Find more posts by Rick Deckard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-Continuity
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rick Deckard
Saw X-Men:Apocalypse a while back. My thoughts - AWESOME! I really enjoyed the film, despite not being a huge fan of all of the previous X-men films (with the exception of X-men 2 (2003) ). This is definitely my favorite X-men film - at this point.

I really liked the epic scope of this film; also, the physical appearance of Apocalypse was quite similar to what we've seen in the comic, despite being a lot smaller (except when he was in Xavier's dream/nightmare); I'm a purist when it comes to movies that adapt comics, so this was good to see. Apocalypse was an amazing villain, i.e.very evil, corrupt, and extremely powerful. The scene when he disarmed all of the world's nuclear weapons was amazing; as were the scenes when he destroyed various cities/buildings.

I liked the Punk Rock Storm (taken from the '80's Uncanny X-men comic); Psyloke (sp?!), and Angel with the metallic wings.

Being an '80's kid, I really liked the setting (1983) and all of the '80's references, including the younger X-men coming out of Return of the Jedi & discussing the film, as well as the very cool scene when Quicksilver (Magneto's son) quickly saves all of the X-men from the disintegrating mansion to the tune of the iconic tune Sweet Dreams (are made of this) by the Eurythmics - very cool!

The deleted Mall scene (which you can see online) was excellent; very funny; I remember '80's mall culture very well, i.e. video arcades, big shoe & record stores - all to the tune of another iconic '80's song, "Safety Dance" by Men without Hats. It was also funny how Scott told Jean that she looked like "Boy George" (Culture Club) - hilarious

Also, I'm not taking into account any of the previous X-men films when watching this one - it's too confusing trying to figure out where this stands in the continuity. So, as far as I'm concerned, this was a stand-alone film (though X-men: Days of Future Past was obviously referenced here).

My only complaint (a minor was) is that it would have been cool if we had seen Apocalypse being huge in actuality, as he is in the comic & as he appeared in Xavier's mind when they were fighting. But, it's possible that they only showed him being huge in the dream for stylistic purposes...

THIS.

"X-Men: Apocalypse" was indeed an epic and brilliant superhero masterpiece. It was a great movie from start to finish and I would say it was the perfect "X-Men comic book-ish movie" ever produced (so far).

And I also think that it will be revalued in the future to come. Surely. It's a powerful work and a virtually flawless superhero film.

Last edited by X-Continuity on Jan 15th, 2019 at 10:07 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:58 PM
X-Continuity is currently offline Click here to Send X-Continuity a Private Message Find more posts by X-Continuity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote