KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Penny Dreadful

Penny Dreadful
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Penny Dreadful

New series.

Ep1 was decent enough to make me want to watch the second. Josh Hartnett is somewhat annoying with his 'western' accent.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 10th, 2014 06:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Liked the first episode - can't wait for Billie Piper's character to debut.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 07:29 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Hope it's good. No Showtime access here, alas.

Old Post May 12th, 2014 12:52 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Hope it's good. No Showtime access here, alas.

Got torrents?

Old Post May 12th, 2014 07:47 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Nah bro. That shit is dangerous.

Old Post May 12th, 2014 07:50 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

So is using dirty needles to inject heroine while having unprotected sex with West African prostitutes, but that never stopped you before.

Old Post May 12th, 2014 08:04 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

They promised me it would stop the voices.

Old Post May 12th, 2014 08:15 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

wasn't encapsulated by the first show.. will watch 2nd ep and go from there

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 14th, 2014 08:20 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Encapsulate these nuts, Brucie!

Old Post May 14th, 2014 10:31 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Robtard
Encapsulate these nuts, Brucie!

lol rob lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 14th, 2014 11:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I just watched the first episode of this show. I'm a massive horror buff, so this may be the horror show I've been waiting for. The tone is ****ing perfect.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Frankenstein and his monster in the first episode, and allusions toward Jack the Ripper, Dracula, and werewolves. I'm in.

There really should be a lot more posts about this show.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 07:00 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I've been marathoning Archer, so I'll watch it when I'm done that.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 02:41 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I just watched the second episode. Holy shit, that was unexpected. O_O

PWNT

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 07:57 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I finished the first season!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: This show seems to be almost completely about character development. There isn't much payoff to all the build up besides a sad or ****ed up scene that leads to more character development. Thats not a bad thing. Having a bunch of 3 dimensional characters is great. They managed to establish the team and make me care about every single member (although Dorian seems like he's just observing or passing through).

And when I say there isn't much payoff, there isn't much payoff. All the build up with Frankenstein and his monster made me think he would start personally targeting the doctors closest friends (the team) which would lead to a brutal team vs monster confrontation.

Bringing in Dr. Van Helsing, one of the most notable characters in horror literature and the single biggest vampire authority in the show, only to have him killed by Frankensteins monster two episodes after he's introduced. I mean, the prospect of Van Helsing encountering Dr. Frankenstein and his monster is epic, but they way they did it was just straight shock factor. Having Helsing dragged down a dirty alley to get his neck snapped? It's not like he's never encountered beings with massive strength. You'd think he'd have little combat maneuvers or measures in place just in case something like this happened. It would have been better if they drawn out the fight between him and the monster to show that he's a force to be reckoned with. Even if he got overwhelmed at the end. Him passing the torch to young Frankenstein was cool though. Still, I was reeeaaally hoping he would join the team. Having him encounter Dracula again in his life would have been awesome, although it would retread old ground in his past I suppose. The dude was at the end of his life and long retired after all.

Also, Ethan being the Wolfman had no big payoff either. I was expecting him to transform from stress or something when they were all being overwhelmed by Dracula girls. I was expecting him to transform during one of the teams outings or something too, for a Hulk vs Avengers type situation, but they still don't have the slightest idea about his past or disease. I was also expecting a Wolfman vs Dracula encounter in the season finale, but it turns out that wasn't even Dracula. Thats a good thing though. I wanted Dracula to be a much bigger force to be reckoned with. Thank god they saved him for season two. Hopefully they cast him well. Now that the team is fully established (with the exception of Dorian Gray), and we know/care about the characters, we can get a good story in next season.

One thing I'll say had awesome pay off was Vanessa's entire 'Exorcist' plot. Seeing her past with Mina, her first possession, and then episode 7 blowing everything up was well done. Eva Green is a great actress.

I'm very much looking forward to the next season. It should be epic.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 03:40 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I actually lold at the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: bisexual American werewolf in London twist.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 08:58 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Robtard
I actually lold at the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: bisexual American werewolf in London twist.
Ya, I felt shocked at first, but then bust out laughing. The director of the show [SPOILER - highlight to read]: is gay himself, so it was to be expected. Still loled

PWNT

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 11:40 PM
ares834

Anyone still watching this? Season 2 has been excellent so far.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 05:26 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I am. It had a very slow and tedious start for the most part, but it's started to shape out these last few eps.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 03:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am, I'm enjoying it and thankfully it has been renewed for a 9 episode 3rd season. We also just found out Ethan's last name is actually "Talbot" which was of course the last name of the "Wolf Man" played by Lon Chaney Jr. and others.

But I'm pissed off..why did they have to kill [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Sembene??

Last edited by Surtur on Jun 30th, 2015 at 09:39 PM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 09:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I cheered outloud when Caliban "took care" of his captors in this latest episode. Boy did they have it coming..and then him not killing their blind daughter but instead leaving her to stumble across the bodies..that is a fate worse then death for the girl I'd think. Well played good sir.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 03:26 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote