KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Penny Dreadful

Penny Dreadful
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

So it looks like Dorian and Lily might be the villains next season.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 07:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Ugh. I hope not. Season finale was very good though.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 07:58 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It seemed like it with their disgust and comtempt of humanity and their Third Reich "Master Race" comments.

Even if they do go villain, it's still possible to have more than one villain/plot. Isn't their still a Vampire Lord running around out there? Can't recall S1 very well.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 08:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah and before Dorian really wasn't portrayed as all "I'm the master race and want to conquer the world". Just seemed like a dude who loved banging people.

Though on the other hand if they are the villains there is a chance we'd get to see a Dorian vs Caliban fight.

I kind of feel bad for Viktor even if he is a creepy little bastard.

Also the vampire lord is apparently still out there somewhere.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 10th, 2015 at 02:23 AM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 02:19 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah and before Dorian really wasn't portrayed as all "I'm the master race and want to conquer the world". Just seemed like a dude who loved banging people.

Though on the other hand if they are the villains there is a chance we'd get to see a Dorian vs Caliban fight.

I kind of feel bad for Viktor even if he is a creepy little bastard.

Also the vampire lord is apparently still out there somewhere.
Typically dorian gray has always been a character who reveled at new experiences. He would kill just to see how it felt. Lily offering new experiences would be enough to lure doran to her but I dont see him being with her indefinitely. Only until he gets bored.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jul 15th, 2015 09:27 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Typically dorian gray has always been a character who reveled at new experiences. He would kill just to see how it felt. Lily offering new experiences would be enough to lure doran to her but I dont see him being with her indefinitely. Only until he gets bored.

Yep and this is the thing I see as the downfall of the couple. You could see Dorian take over the world one week and then the next week he decides to go do something else. But Lily seems to have more of an actual lust for power now. Power for the sake of power.

In other words Dorian is a hedonist, but with Lily it goes deeper. I think she knows this and that is why she gave Caliban a taste..she knows in the end it will just be her and him.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2015 04:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Just started watching this and enjoying it pretty thoroughly. Quite a bit darker than the strain and the characters and dialogue is very well done. Worth a look for fans into both horror and period-based series.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2016 03:52 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, and the new season starts in a few weeks.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2016 02:06 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Noice!

Good show, great characters and atmosphere. I really dig all the references to romantic poetry and classical lit too.

Not too keen on Lily and Dorian as the villains though, hopefully they're just side-villains and we get some more vampire action. I think we'll also see a lot of action in the Old West too now that the American is going home.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Apr 9th, 2016 at 03:50 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2016 03:47 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But can any villain ever top..a doll possessed by Satan?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2016 12:36 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

New season begins tonight, can't wait.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 01:34 AM
Mindset

It was a pretty good premiere.

Saw it like a week ago.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 02:04 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol holy shit@ Caliban just snapping the little kids neck like that. I get why he did it but damn..he didn't even hesitate.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 04:15 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Back in July I mentioned the "vampire lord" reference in the show, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: seems that is Dracula and who will be the main villain this season, which isn't surprising since they heavily rely on literature.

Was a good season premiere overall, touched on several of the main arcs without dwelling too deep. Did like they introduced another hero/anti-hero to the group. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 09:28 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

How good is this show? I've been meaning to start watching it.
Also and more importantly does Eva Green display her best "traits"?

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 09:33 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I enjoy it, the writing and acting are decent and it's a smorgasbord of old literary characters all mashed together. There are dull moments though, but they don't last very long.

There's a fair amount of nudity, Eva's amazing breast are seen on multiple occasions. Edit: I actually think we get the Full Monty with here in a few scenes in S1 and/or 2, iirc

Last edited by Robtard on May 2nd, 2016 at 09:48 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 09:43 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Nice thumb up

Definitly going to start watching soon.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 10:01 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

The possession episode from season 1 was some of the finest television I've seen in years on a lot of levels.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 01:45 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Inhuman
How good is this show? I've been meaning to start watching it.
Also and more importantly does Eva Green display her best "traits"?

It's almost like a weird "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" type of show, only in a similar but more macabre setting. You have a guy who is basically Alan Quartermain. His name isn't Alan, but he has a lot in common with him. Then they toss in Dorian Gray, a werewolf, dr. frankenstein, van hellsing, dr. jekyll, frankensteins monsters. Then Satan is involved and his brother is friggin Dracula. Also Dorian Gray basically has f*cked all of the main characters, including the men lol.

I'm basically just waiting for the Invisible Man and Captain Nemo to show up.

Also I don't know if we see Eva naked, I do think we see the chick from Doctor Who's boobies. Rose Tyler.

Anyways was I the only one who get this vibe that Victor Frankenstein and Dr. Jekyll seemed kind of like..former lovers? They try to play it like they are old friends but there was something underneath it all.

Last edited by Surtur on May 3rd, 2016 at 03:18 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 03:12 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur

Also I don't know if we see Eva naked, I do think we see the chick from Doctor Who's boobies. Rose Tyler.

We do, google "penny dreadful nude" and you'll get a bunch of hits of nude characters, Eva is among them.

The possession episode OV talked about has her nude in it.

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 04:10 PM