KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Penny Dreadful

Penny Dreadful
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
But Season 2 also had most of the boring Frankenstein Monster story. ;-)
S3 was the only good season for Caliban.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 05:28 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Agreed.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2016 09:57 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hated Caliban. He was so boring in the 3rd season. The highlight was when he snaps the starving kids neck on that ship.

As opposed to the first season where he wasn't taking any shit and was murdering people and all this shit. That was interested. Hell him getting caught by those sidehow people was interesting. Especially when he leaves their blind daughter to find the dead bodies. That shit was epic.

But then it's meh..my family blah blah.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2016 04:18 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Season 3 was a crap fest. There wasn't even any real rising action aside from Dracs tricking Ms Ives and luring her in. They pretended like the American saga and the Dr Jekyll thing would get interesting but neither ever really did. Ethan's "fall" was okay, but it was a poor plot line overall in terms of what they did with it.

I loved S2 for the visceral points it had and the constant sense of danger, even with the flashbacks that you knew chars were going to survive. I'm still not sure why they pulled the plug the way they did. Made me a sad panda.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 12:07 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dracula turned out to be a huge letdown too. So did Jekyll actually. Not a single transformation into Hyde? Bah.

Also like I said before,the worst offender: Ethan never finds out that Frankenstein resurrected Brona.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 11:53 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Do think they had planned a 4th season, why so many archs either felt rushed midway through the season or went nowhere. Otherwise it's just real shit writing.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 06:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Dracula turned out to be a huge letdown too. So did Jekyll actually. Not a single transformation into Hyde? Bah.

Also like I said before,the worst offender: Ethan never finds out that Frankenstein resurrected Brona.

Yeah, Jekyll was VERY underused.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 05:46 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would like to think they were indeed planning to flesh out Jekyll more.

I also feel the show missed some great opportunities for awesomeness. In the first season they brought in Van Hellsing and you had Van Hellsing and Dr. Frankenstein essentially teaming up. A show based around that premise alone would be cool, but what do they do? Kill Van Hellsing off after like 2 episodes.

I will also admit I never cared at all about Brona's/Lily's story arc. Essentially the entire time I was waiting for Ethan to find out what Viktor did to Brona. Though I would have been curious if they'd gone into Dorian Gray's background more.

With the exception of season 1 the show seemed to always end their seasons with a pretty big let down. In the second season finale it ended with..battling a doll that was possessed by Satan. You can somewhat excuse how the final season ended since they probably had thought they'd get a 4th season, but with the second season? They ended it that way knowing they'd be getting another season. Both Satan and Dracula were let downs.

Though still..I respect the show for trying to attempt something a little bit different.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2016 03:48 PM
Ascendancy

I do think that with the build up in terms of the power that the witches possessed and Satan himself going after Ms Ives the final battle of words alone was a bit of a letdown.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2016 04:57 PM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote