KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Constantine

Constantine
Started by: Bardock42

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-K-M-

Of course, I find it better then some of the other comic book shows though

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 12:48 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

For a first season is pretty decent. If they move from the freak of the week formula it'll get better.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 11:03 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Good episode tonight.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2014 04:01 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Good episode and nice [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Spectre teaser

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 02:03 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I missed it. What scene?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 03:16 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: that New Orleans detective is named Jim corrigan, who was the host of the original spectre in the comics.

Also when zed saw his "death" if you look closely that green mist that surrounded him was flapping like the spectres cowl cape (green is also the color of his Cape in the comics).

Basically that is the spectre before he was murdered and recruited but seems their going to touch on that in the show

Last edited by -K-M- on Nov 24th, 2014 at 01:28 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 01:26 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Just read a report that NBC is holding off post original 13 episode order.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 02:46 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Last two episodes have been really good. The fallen angel looked awesome.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 03:37 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Yeah this show is getting better. Just hope we get a second season.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2014 01:26 PM
tkitna

Its actually not bad. I liked the last few episodes.

By Stoic

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 03:46 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Last episode was ok, Eve's sister looked cheesy but that monster at the end looked pretty sweet.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 03:10 AM
-K-M-

Old Post Jan 7th, 2015 01:41 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

4 episodes in. It's...well...anyone else getting the Doctor Who parallels? Sub in made-up science for made-up magic, and a female companion for...well, a female companion. He's even got a male companion that can't die, psychic paper (the card), and a house that's bigger on the inside. Heck, Torchwood already ran an episode with a hand-like object that temporarily brings people back from the dead. Constantine ripped it with the candle-hand bit in an early episode.

DW is my favorite show on TV, so this isn't a complete damnation (pun intended). But it's hitting all of the tropes of the genre, not to mention tropes of TV series in general right now. And all without standing out in ways that leave me wanting more. I laughed at one point because Zed stopped pushing as she was just about to learn the heart of Newcastle, they pulled back just as I was saying "aaand that's it for this episode..." because they need to space it out over the season (or at least half-season). And other than a couple lines in the pilot, all of which were spoiled in the trailer, that's been my only actual laugh, and it was at the expense of the show. The predictability is boring. Here's hoping it changes, though it likely doesn't have long to change my mind before I'm done with it.

Matt Ryan is good, at least. The gravitas and line delivery he brings to the character are the only thing keeping the show afloat. Zed is about the most generic companion imaginable, so hopefully they do something better with her soon. The black guy playing the angel is good too. His interludes are always welcome.

Last edited by Digi on Jan 8th, 2015 at 01:24 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 01:19 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

just saw on Rotten Tomatoes that this show is getting cancelled?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 04:20 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 02:01 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Compared to the other current Monster of the Week Shows. It was kind of weak and it wasn't doing anything the others weren't already doing and doing better.

KInda meh on this.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 02:00 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

It sucked.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 06:24 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I enjoyed it and it is a shame it is gone. It was one of those shows that was clearly still getting its footing and I think had a lot of potential for the future.

When it comes to shows in the Friday Night Death Slot NBC could of done worse, but oh well.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 05:02 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I recently binge watched the entire series on Blu-ray and while this wasn't a fantastic show, I think it was good enough to go on. What a shame that it was cancelled.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 09:57 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I recently binge watched the entire series on Blu-ray and while this wasn't a fantastic show, I think it was good enough to go on. What a shame that it was cancelled.

Personally, I started losing interest about halfway through. Mainly because I thought NBC was the wrong platform for it. IMO, it should have been on something like Cinemax, Netflix or HBO, which would have allowed them to push it until it became edgy enough to be interesting.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 10:41 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote