KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Logan (2017)

Logan (2017)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, Jackman said it's a separate timeline to the main one. And [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the film supports that notion. We find out that no new mutants have been born in 25 years. Yet the film is set in 2029. But at the end of DoFP, which is set in 2023, we see plenty of mutant children in the school (younger than 18-19 years old), after Logan wakes up from his mental time jump.
Oh thank god

I assumed this was the new future since DoFP got erased. Is that for sure?

PWNT

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 08:58 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Makes sense being separate from the main continuity, a standalone film that can also loosely be tied to a few of the previous films, where some events we saw happened, while others did not.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 09:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I think there is a lot they can still do with this timeup. Specifically, Logan mentions to X23 that the Comics have a grain in truth of reality with the Xmen teams adventures- and leading up to the Xmen purge there is a lot of potential with conflicts between the Xmen and others. This Dystopian timeline has a lot of possibilities

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 09:18 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Not that they will, but could def build up on it, we don't know who [SPOILER - highlight to read]: survived and is living in Eden and the children are there. I see another X-Men team if they do a film and jump 10-15 years into the future.

Plant-Woman, Telekinetic-Man, The Badger, Frostbreath, WeirdAss****NeckBoy etc.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 6th, 2017 at 09:27 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 09:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Isnt logan the guy who played in dont breathe?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 02:58 AM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Oh thank god

I assumed this was the new future since DoFP got erased. Is that for sure?

The ending of DoFP is still intact, seeing as it was the new future created by the changes Logan made. Original timeline - Everyone is either dead or enslaved by Sentinels. Changed timeline - School is still intact and going strong, with Cyclops, Jean, Storm etc. all still alive.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 04:56 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Robtard
Makes sense being separate from the main continuity, a standalone film that can also loosely be tied to a few of the previous films, where some events we saw happened, while others did not.

Yeah, there are a few nods to the original films in there, such as [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Logan being a cage fighter before the X-men found him, as well as the events at the Statue of Liberty, from X1. So, it basically works as a separate timeline, where some events happened similarly to the main timeline but others didn't.

One interesting deviation between the timelines is how mutants seem to be regarded by the general public. They are pretty much hated en masse in the main timeline. In the Logan timeline, they are almost idolised, with toys, comics etc. being made of them.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 07:40 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Perhaps they gained popularity after [SPOILER - highlight to read]: being wiped out

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 09:06 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Perhaps they gained popularity after [SPOILER - highlight to read]: being wiped out

Possibly, but I am not sure. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The way it came across to me was that the merchandising of X-Men stuff had been going on for some time. But it's really hard to say, given the limited info we got in the film. But I can also see it as being an "only appreciate them after they are gone" type of scenario, kind of like Vincent van Gogh.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 09:20 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Finally saw this last night. I enjoyed it a lot. Easily my favorite of the films FOX has released.

On the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: X-Men comics in the story I think that since this story takes place after the events of X-Men Apocalypse the X-Men became famous for saving the world. Dr. Rice's clandestine plan was direct fallout from what Wolverine did in X-Men Apocalypse (killing his dad in his escape from the Weapon X facility, and then Essex Corp then gets his DNA in the post credit scene, likely providing it to Transigen) so I'm pretty sure that's why.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 03:25 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Easily my favorite of the films FOX has released.

Took them ages to get it right.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 06:58 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Stryker in X2: One day, someone will finish what I started Wolverine! One day!... One day!

... Sigh.
It's almost unfathomable though how much the main deaths of this film make Superman's in BvS look like a joke. Even the Deadpool 2 teaser paid more respect to Superman with the little phone booth and music playing.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 12:16 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Problem is Snyder tried to do Death of Superman WAY too soon. He killed this version off in his second outing. No emotional connection to the fans. In contrast [SPOILER - highlight to read]: we've had both Logan and Xavier around for several films. Had a chance to get to know the characters and invest in them.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Mar 8th, 2017 at 05:57 AM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 05:54 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The director explains why the Westchester incident didn't make it into the film

http://www.cbr.com/logan-director-m...ester-incident/

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 06:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Problem is Snyder tried to do Death of Superman WAY too soon. He killed this version off in his second outing. No emotional connection to the fans. In contrast [SPOILER - highlight to read]: we've had both Logan and Xavier around for several films. Had a chance to get to know the characters and invest in them.

Well let's not completely forget all of Fox's previous screw ups. Killing Cyclops, Xavier and Jean Grey in 1 film. 3 deaths which had no emotional impact, just 3 facepalms instead.

On that note, anyone heard the rumour that WB is seriously considering making an R rated DC movie now

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 07:46 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

On that note, anyone heard the rumour that WB is seriously considering making an R rated DC movie now

It'll probably end up being Lobo.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 07:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well let's not completely forget all of Fox's previous screw ups. Killing Cyclops, Xavier and Jean Grey in 1 film. 3 deaths which had no emotional impact, just 3 facepalms instead.

Oh Fox has screwed the pooch plenty of times, I know. But I was specifically responding to Superman's death in BvS in comparison with how things were handled in Logan. And Snyder also royally screwed up the death of Jimmy Olsen in BvS. Made him some undercover CIA guy posing as a photographer, who gets murdered in the first 15 minutes of the film.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 08:06 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I disagree those deaths were sad and had a big emotional impact on me when I was 10 and saw the movie

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 08:35 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I heard this one's pretty good...

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 08:39 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Wasn't necessarily referring to the death of Superman happening too soon (although that didn't help either and was definitely part of the problem), but just how poorly his death was executed in comparison, especially when there were other ways they could've finished off Doomsday or used the kryptonite spear. Logan was literally at the end of his road and had no other options, plus no doctor he went to would've been able to cure his adamantium poisoning.

They may as well try it. Might get some people to take the DCCU seriously again for all we know. Don't mind if it's Lobo, or whatever.

edit:
Originally posted by Firefly218
I disagree those deaths were sad and had a big emotional impact on me when I was 10 and saw the movie

I'll admit Xavier's death moved me a little at the time, but I was a kid then too and hadn't yet saw X3 for the pos that it was.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Mar 8th, 2017 at 08:49 AM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 08:44 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote