KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Nomi Sunrider Respect Thread

Nomi Sunrider Respect Thread
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (54): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Nomi Sunrider Respect Thread

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I'm putting this here because I'm deleting my comicvine one
"She got that swag." ―Dat Crazy Monster Jedi
This is probably the largest lore of Nomi Sunrider feats and accolades. Respect the legend.
(please log in to view the image)
-Power Accolades-
"…Nomi Sunrider. One of the greatest of all Jedi Knights."
―Tionne (Firestorm)

"She came late to the Force, just as you have, and became one of the greatest Jedi ever. Oh, fine, fine, lass."
―Jolee Bindo (Knights of the Old Republic)

"Even at an early age, Nomi Sunrider was recognized as having an enormous Force potential."
―The Official Star Wars Fact File 67

"This Jedi will play an important part in the battles to come. Truly, she will be strong-a luminous being is she."
―Odan-Urr (The Saga of Nomi Sunrider)

"My apprentice will become a very great Jedi...a Jedi who will be remembered for her deeds of bravery, as long as the Jedi Knights survive."
―Thon (The Saga of Nomi Sunrider)

"The period four thousand years before the birth of Luke Skywalked marked a turning point in the history of the Galactic Republic. During that time, two young Jedi became respected throughout the galaxy for their heroic expolits in great batles with the dark side of the force. Their names were Uliq-Qel Droma and Nomi Sunrider."
―The Freedon Nadd Uprising

"So begins the saga of Nomi Sunrider and her daughter Vima, who will both become great Jedi..."
―The Saga of Nomi Sunrider

"The holocron tells me that you will be a great Jedi, but I already knew that. You used your Jedi power well."
―Odan-Urr (The Saga of Nomi Sunrider)

"The Force tells me that Nomi Sunrider can be a great Jedi...if she listens to the Force."
―Vodo-Siosk Baas (The Freedon Nadd Uprising)

"In the audience were the premier Jedi of the period, including Master Acra, Master Thon, Nomi Sunrider, and Uliq Qel-Droma."
―The New Essential Chronology

"Tales of the Jedi titles introduced a new cast of Jedi and Sith legends, such as Ulic Qel-Droma, Freedon Nadd, Nomi Sunrider, Exar Kun, and Naga Sadow. These characters and their actions would impact stories told in novels for years to come."
―The Essential Reader's Companion

"Nomi trained as a Jedi and became a renowned warrior and leader."
―Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide

"Elsewhere, the Jedi Knight Nomi Sunrider would become one of the greatest leaders of her age."

"You are a good and strong Jedi, Nomi Sunrider."
―Odan-Urr (The Sith War)

"Nomi Sunrider was strong in the ways of the Force before she ever started down the path of the Jedi."
―Power of the Jedi Sourcebook

"The Force is strong in you, Nomi. You could be a Jedi."
―Andur Sunrider (The Saga of Nomi Sunrider)

"The Force is strong in you, Nomi. It always was."
―Andur Sunrider (The Saga of Nomi Sunrider)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on May 15th, 2014 at 09:04 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2014 08:56 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

-Battle Meditation-
"Another Jedi Warrior, whose skill in the art of Battle Meditation will never be forgotten, is Nomi Sunrider."
Nomi Sunrider uses battle meditation to make all the guards turn on one another, despite her being on a Dark Side nexus.

"Using her Jedi battle meditation, Nomi escapes captivity..."
―Dark Lords of the Sith

"Fortunately, Vima's mother possesses a unique talent that comes to her on rare occasions--concentrating in the Force, she forms an image of the two Dark Side dragons attacking each other--a moment later, image becomes reality!"

"On Thon's arid world, Nomi and little Vima encounter dark side dragons. As the baleful entities attack, Nomi is forced to use her undeveleoped power of Jedi Battle Meditation to rescue her Jedi.

"The feeling of darkness shed by the creatures struck Nomi like a physical blow, and she instinctively called upon her Jedi power of battle meditation to save her daughter. As Nomi's power took effect, the hssiss suddenly turned on one another..."
―Tales of the Jedi Companion

"Nomi discovered she had a natural talent for the art of Jedi battle mediation when she unconsciously used the the technique to save her daughter from a dark side dragon."

"Nomi uses her battle meditation to cause the attackers to turn on each other in a struggle over the Adegen crystals."

"In a moment of inspiration and clarity, Nomi understood, and focused here Force power on the pirates and enforces, who immediately turned on one another."

"When a Hutt crime lord named Great Bogga made a final attempt to steal the Adegan crystals, Nomi responded by using an application of Jedi battle mediation to influence the outcome of the battle. She quickly turned the Hutt's henchmen against each other, freeing Master Thon in the ensuring chaos. The two made short work of the cowardly gangsters and pirates."

"Nomi Sunrider doesn't know that her strange ability to influence the events around her will one day become her greatest strength: the power of Jedi battle meditation."

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

-Combat Abilities-
Nomi Sunrider with the aid of Thon cut's through the ranks of numerous pirates with great skill.

"During the ensuring confusion, Nomi charged into the fray wielding her master's lightsaber, freeing Thon from his Mandalorian manacles and striking down the would-be-muders. Seeing the ferocity of the Jedi's attack, the remainder of bandits retreated ."
Nomi Sunrider destroys a Krath droid with one arm.

"Nomi Sunrider uses her husband's lightsaber to kill two pirates, despite no training in the art of lightsaber combat. The life-energy of the Force roars through Nomi in a rising wave, guiding her hands in a brutal act of self-defense."

"Guided by the Force, she picks up her husband's fallen lightsaber and wields it with natural skill, driving off her husband's killers."

"With two quick slashes, Nomi dispatches two of the Hutt's lackeys."

"Nomi brought the lightsaber to bear, destroying two of the murdering thieves before they followed through on their villainous intentions."

Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

-Sever Force-
"Although Ulic Qel-Droma eventually becomes one of the most powerful Sith Lords in history, his reign was brief. Nomi Sunrider permanently stripped him of his force powers at the end of the Great Sith War."

"I unleashed my ability to block Jedi powers, the defense that master Odan-Urr taught me."
―Nomi Sunrider (The Sith War)

"Ulic offered no resitance when his former love Nomi Sunrider attacked, using her unique Force powers to block Ulic's connection to the Force."
―The Dark Side Sourcebook

"Blocked from using the Force-light or dark-by his former paramour Nomi Sunrider, Ulic-Qel Droma surrendered to the Jedi and told them where to find Exar Kun's secret base."
―The Dark Side Sourcebook

"Nomi Sunrider and Tott Doneeta arrived to late to help Catm byt a distraught Nomi unleashed a wild Force ability that blinded Ulic to th Force, effectively stripping him of his powers and utterly crushing him."

"Using her Force-blocking technique to permanently tob Ulic Qel-Droma of his powers, the Jedi Nomi Sunrider is instrumental in Ulic's defeat on Ossus."
―Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide

"Severed from the Force by the great Jedi Nomi Sunrider, a humbled Ulic roams the galaxy."
―Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

-Telepathy & Mental Resistance-
Nomi Sunrider is the only one among the Jedi ranks to see through the force and realize the ships are pure illusions. She then completes a mental assault on Aleema that knocks the illusionist unconscious.

"Nomi Sunrider sees through Aleema's magic..."
―Dark Lords of the Sith

Old Post May 15th, 2014 08:57 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

This is so much better than my zero effort one.

Old Post May 15th, 2014 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Don't know how I never saw this but good work. I've barely read anything related to the original The Old Republic but Nomi has never been in a duel?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2014 03:13 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Ironically enough, someone on her tier has never fought in a duel.
I feel that is more on purpose though, given her husband died from a blade.
Ulic versus Nomi at the end was a perfect opportunity for a battle, but it was completely avoid by her sever force.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2014 03:15 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Erm.....

"Darkly he proclaimed 'I am Sion, Lord of Pain and Lord of the Sith and you cannot kill me.' instead of exchanging words with the abomination before her, she simply attempted to cut the beast off from the Force but she realised this monster had become the Dark Side and such techniques would not work. Ziost was their battleground, time and again she would cut him down and once more he would rise anew. Aided by his minions the fight lasted three nights, despite the freezing temperatures and the well of darkness swirling through the collapsing fortresses, she would cut down more and more Dark Jedi until finally when Sion realised this engagement was one he could not win, he fled and no matter how much she chased him he would not be found again." - Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide Collector's Edition

"As she charged across the plains of Onderon, a laser from one of the fortresses many heavy turbolaser defenses approached her and her Jedi companions, time slowed around her and almost accepting her death she dropped her blade and stretched out her arms, as time returned to her she saw nothing, her Jedi companions in awe, then she felt energy crackling through her veins, she had absorbed the energy but her body felt like it would implode, her arms ached, her legs buckled, muscles tightening, her chest ached and her skin was smoking, as if she had somehow understood what she had done, she channelled all the energy into her palms and sent out a thundering energy wave completely annihilating one of the Naddists' siege barges.

-fyi, the person who typed this up (a respected member of swtor forums,) never uses commas, or much punctuation.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 03:59 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Is that second one fanfiction?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 04:03 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

well, according to her, they're quotes from canon sources (the first one is apparently from the KOTOR campaign guide), but I'll ask her where she found em. Apparently she also ragdolls a krayt dragon.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 04:04 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That sounds made up.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 04:05 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Indeed. Which is why i plan on asking her to show me the sources.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 04:06 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm looking through the Kotor campaign guide atm. I'm not sure that a collector's edition even exists though.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 04:14 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Googled it, and the only source for it is that quote....for what that's worth.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 04:30 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Same...

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 04:32 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yep. Definitely seems fake. Theres nothing even remotely similar in the campaign guide I have either.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 04:36 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up There's no such thing as a Collectors Edition to my knowledge.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 05:30 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Apparently the other source was the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook *Revised Edition*. It's all so ****ing fake lmao.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 07:01 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
well, according to her, they're quotes from canon sources (the first one is apparently from the KOTOR campaign guide), but I'll ask her where she found em. Apparently she also ragdolls a krayt dragon.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Yes, I also noticed that quote in one of my threads in official SWTOR forum about a battle between Nomi Sunrider and Darth Sion. I have yet to ask for the source but it seems like the member got defensive when you asked her.

Don't let this matter slide away. I don't want people to pass on made-up information as facts/deceive the masses. If there is a collector's edition book of KoTOR-CG, I would like to see a picture of it as well along with the picture of that quote if it even exists since no such book is public knowledge or even turns up in google. Claims of some people supposedly having this book but that it is somehow never public knowledge are utterly baseless.

I need to renew my subscription before I can post again, will do so soon.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 1st, 2014 at 08:37 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 08:27 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Apparently the other source was the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook *Revised Edition*. It's all so ****ing fake lmao.

Its sad that some members of official SWTOR forum are attempting to make stuff up about their favorite characters and deceive the masses.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 08:39 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote