KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Nomi Sunrider Respect Thread

Nomi Sunrider Respect Thread
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (54): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Yeah, I agree. I said this in response to her defensive remark:

"I'm not questioning it because I haven't heard of it. I'm questioning it because no one on any other star wars forum/board has ever sited a collector's edition of it. Ever. Nor a revised edition of the PotJSB. And again, I'm not denying its existence completely. I'd be legitimately happy if it existed, but based on the fact that Its never been sited by anyone, anywhere, I do have a perfect reason to be skeptical."

Although by now I'm condemning its existence, just being modest/non-provocative.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 08:40 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

^^^

Thank you, I will support you in this matter. I will also ask that member to provide real evidence.

One more thing, did Surik use "moving meditation" on Malachor V to combat Sith stationed their? Any source which confirms this or this is just a theory?

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 1st, 2014 at 08:54 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 08:50 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

It's all so......speculative. Do we even know how moving meditation and force enlightenment is applied? Has Surik ever severed an opponent from the force?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 08:52 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Not on purpose or at will. She can't control it.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's all so......speculative. Do we even know how moving meditation and force enlightenment is applied? Has Surik ever severed an opponent from the force?

I don't recall Surik severing connection of any other Force-user. She did this to herself.

Also, some people are not coming to terms with the development that Surik lost to Nyriss in a battle. They are coming up with theories about how Surik was weakened by visiting Nathema. If this is the case then Scourge, Revan and Nyriss also would have weakened by visiting Nathema. I mean, some explanations make no sense at all.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 09:06 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

They have a point though that Meetra is depicted much differently in Revan compared to KOTOR II, and that Drew never even bothered to play the game.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 09:13 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I don't recall Surik severing connection of any other Force-user. She did this to herself.

Also, some people are not coming to terms with the development that Surik lost to Nyriss in a battle. They are coming up with theories about how Surik was weakened by visiting Nathema. If this is the case then Scourge, Revan and Nyriss also would have weakened by visiting Nathema. I mean, some explanations make no sense at all.

She does sever the connection of her dead enemies. She forms an instinctive Force Bond with everyone around her and when she kills people she uses that bond to sever their connection to the Force and feed on their power/life/death. Basically, the exact same technique that Nihilus uses.

“He's right. It's... all the death you've caused to get here. You feed on it, and you grow stronger. You're like Malachor... it's in you, it's what you are now.”

(please log in to view the image)

I think a better explanation for her seeming loss of prowess is that Surik regained her natural connection to the Force, and so lost much of her unnatural abilities that came with being a Force Wound.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 09:22 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

They have a point though that Meetra is depicted much differently in Revan compared to KOTOR II, and that Drew never even bothered to play the game.

The author didn't do justice to any character in that book, not just Surik.

Surik did defeat some opponents in Dromund Kaas though, her expertise in swordsmanship have also been legitimized by her performance against the Imperial Guard.

Also, if you carefully analyze the lore of KoTOR II, you will notice that Surik's victories over Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus are circumstantial. I am not sure how she managed to defeat Darth Traya though, she shared a powerful bond with Traya and break-up of that bond might have weakened Traya or something?

Furthermore, Surik also benefitted from being a wound in the Force during her struggles against Sith Tirumvirate, she was immune to effects of Force Drain during these times.

My assessment is that Surik was never intended to be super-strong like Revan, her story was more about circumstances and heroism.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 1st, 2014 at 09:28 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 09:23 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Nephthys
She does sever the connection of her dead enemies. She forms an instinctive Force Bond with everyone around her and when she kills people she uses that bond to sever their connection to the Force and feed on their power/life/death. Basically, the exact same technique that Nihilus uses.

“He's right. It's... all the death you've caused to get here. You feed on it, and you grow stronger. You're like Malachor... it's in you, it's what you are now.”

(please log in to view the image)

I think a better explanation for her seeming loss of prowess is that Surik regained her natural connection to the Force, and so lost much of her unnatural abilities that came with being a Force Wound.

This is informative, thanks for sharing.

Can you provide details of the battle between Surik and Traya?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 09:26 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 09:29 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The author didn't do justice to any character in that book, not just Surik.

Surik did defeat some opponents in Dromund Kaas though, her expertise in swordsmanship have also been legitimized by her performance against the Imperial Guard.

Also, if you carefully analyze the lore of KoTOR II, you will notice that Surik's victories over Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus are circumstantial. I am not sure how she managed to defeat Darth Traya though, she shared a powerful bond with Traya and break-up of that bond might have weakened Traya or something?

Furthermore, Surik also benefitted from being a wound in the Force during her struggles against Sith Tirumvirate, she was immune to effects of Force Drain during these times.

Yeah, Revan wasn't a particularly astounding novel wink

Well yeah, but struggling with Imperial Guards pales in comparison to slaughtering hordes of sith in the Trayus academy, besting Sion multiple times, and defeating Darth Traya, all on the most powerful dark side nexus ever, powerful enough to turn nearly anyone to the dark side upon surfacing it.

Darth Nihilus was circumstantial, I agree. But while Darth Sion did love Surik, he still was fully intent on killing her, probably moreso than anyone else, for fear of what Traya might do to her. Eventually Meetra did Dun Moch him into giving up, though. And wouldn't breaking the bond weaken herself as much as Traya?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 09:32 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

My assessment is that Surik was never intended to be super-strong like Revan, her story was more about circumstances and heroism.

Her victory over Sion was only circumstantial when it came to putting him down for good. Before that she beat his ass like 6 times in a row. She's obviously far superior to him. I doubt the bond weakened Traya. If that were possible Traya could just weaken her through the same bond. And in the context of the fight Traya states that she's not going to hold back even a little, I doubt she fought at anything less than her best.

No, The Exile was an incredibly powerful and skilled fighter. Nothing less would allow her to defeat an entire Sith Temple on a nexus as powerful as Malachor V or defeat Sion and Traya as she did. Plus she'd absorbed the power of hundreds of opponents and could learn lightsaber forms and advanced force powers in minutes. In Kotor II the Exile was intended to be a Jedi every bit the equal to Revan. Traya even refers to her as her greatest student when talking about her combat abilities.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 09:40 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Yeah, Revan wasn't a particularly astounding novel wink

Well yeah, but struggling with Imperial Guards pales in comparison to slaughtering hordes of sith in the Trayus academy, besting Sion multiple times, and defeating Darth Traya, all on the most powerful dark side nexus ever, powerful enough to turn nearly anyone to the dark side upon surfacing it.

Darth Nihilus was circumstantial, I agree. But while Darth Sion did love Surik, he still was fully intent on killing her, probably moreso than anyone else, for fear of what Traya might do to her. Eventually Meetra did Dun Moch him into giving up, though. And wouldn't breaking the bond weaken herself as much as Traya?

Yes.

Imperial Guard individuals aren't supposed to be mooks for any Jedi and/or Sith. Revan fought and killed 1 but Surik and Scourge fought 2 simultaneously and performed really well, IMO. In-fact, this battle represents one of the best for Surik.

Another notable point is that even Revan's powers were ineffective against Imperial Guard. So if a Jedi of Yoda's caliber is not tossing Imperial Guard around, you can do the math.

Hmm, yes, I would appreciate details of this battle.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 09:42 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

With Traya? Traya goes on about how Surik is a failure, how she won't hold back, they fight, Surik cuts off her other hand. Traya then tells the Exile to kill her, the Exile says no because, "I'm a Jedi." Then Traya brings up three lightsabers with TK and Surik dodges all of them and strikes Traya down. Traya tells the Exile that she is her greatest student, how they aren't like Revan they're something different, she speaks of the future, and then dies.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 09:48 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Soloing Trayas Academy >>> Struggling with 2 IG's. erm

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 09:48 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
With Traya? Traya goes on about how Surik is a failure, how she won't hold back, they fight, Surik cuts off her other hand. Traya then tells the Exile to kill her, the Exile says no because, "I'm a Jedi." Then Traya brings up three lightsabers with TK and Surik dodges all of them and strikes Traya down. Traya tells the Exile that she is her greatest student, how they aren't like Revan they're something different, she speaks of the future, and then dies.

Thanks for sharing.

So this was mainly a lightsaber duel? No Force powers involved?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 09:56 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The fight is purely gameplay mechanics. No specific details. The first part of the battle gives more of a force/duel vibe to it though, while the 2nd part is Surik defeating Traya's Trakata.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 09:57 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Hmm,

So loss of another hand possibly weakened Traya? Loss of both hands must be demoralizing at-least.

She explicitly asks Surik to kill her? Strange.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 10:00 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Yeah, in the first part of the duel Surik cuts off Traya's last hand, then to test The Exile, she asks Surik to kill her. Presuming the choice of light side, Surik would refuse, Traya gets pissed that Surik "failed," her little test, then She utilizes Trakata.

Last edited by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ on Jul 1st, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 10:03 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I don't think Kraya losing a hand demoralized her, as that seems to be her prefered teaching method. The Exile refusing to kill her probably did, but even then, I doubt it altered her combat abilities.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 10:22 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote