KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Nomi Sunrider Respect Thread

Nomi Sunrider Respect Thread
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (54): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

It wouldn't really matter anyways, as for the 2nd portion of the fight she solely used her trio of lightsabers.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 10:23 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
Can you provide details of the battle between Surik and Traya?

"Although Traya was more powerful, the Exile managed to defeat her in combat."
―The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Ultimately, all her victories were PIS and circumstantial.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 11:27 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

How is that PIS and circumstantial? All it proves is that shes skilled enough to win despite being weaker in actual power.

And I already said, her victory over Sion wasn't circumstantial. She's way better than he is. And her defeat of the Trayas Academy wasn't circumstantial either. >:[

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Darth Traya's greatest strength is giga-drain, something ineffective against the Jedi Exile. Darth Traya must resort to other efforts of victory then.
The combat before the Jedi Exile cut off her hand is implied that Darth Traya was not really trying, if at all. You must also take this in consideration.
Once the Jedi Exile cuts off her other arm, the circumstances that Darth Traya can no longer defend herself if the Jedi Exile closes in must be noted.
That being said, anyone surviving an encounter with Darth Traya must be pretty powerful. Anyone who can slaughter an academy *is* powerful.
I would classify the Jedi Exile, by the end of the game, to be the superior to Mandalorian Wars Revan, in which Darth Traya agrees.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 11:46 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Darth Traya's greatest strength is giga-drain, something ineffective against the Jedi Exile. Darth Traya must resort to other efforts of victory then.

Good. Without an insta-win technique its a fight just like any other one. A totally fair fight. thumb up

The combat before the Jedi Exile cut off her hand is implied that Darth Traya was not really trying, if at all. You must also take this in consideration.

Not true in the slightest. thumb down

Once the Jedi Exile cuts off her other arm, the circumstances that Darth Traya can no longer defend herself if the Jedi Exile closes in must be noted.

She's levitating 3 lightsabers for defense and has her Force powers. Which since she's more powerful than the Exile isn't insignificant.

That being said, anyone surviving an encounter with Darth Traya must be pretty powerful. Anyone who can slaughter an academy *is* powerful.
I would classify the Jedi Exile, by the end of the game, to be the superior to Mandalorian Wars Revan, in which Darth Traya agrees.

I'd say she's every bit the equal to end of Kotor Revan. thumb up

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 11:51 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:

Alright. Make the topic and let's debate.
(The above debate will easily be covered in a proper one.)
This thread is for Nomi Sunrider, not Meetra Surik. wink

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 11:58 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Nah.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 11:59 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Lame, alright I'll respond.
Since I don't care for it, expect it to be my common shitty answer.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 12:00 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
Good. Without an insta-win technique its a fight just like any other one. A totally fair fight. thumb up

(please log in to view the image) Sadly enough, I don't Darth Traya has ever been in a "fair fight."
quote:
Not true in the slightest. thumb down

"This place is your last test. It is the graveyard of the past, where you lost everything. It is the dark place in your mind that still echoes of failure. Now we shall see if you can overcome the weight of Malachor... and silence the echoes that beat from its heart."
After you chop off her arm, she states "You have yet to learn the full extent of power."
It can be safe to say that before her hands were vanquished, it was merely a test.
quote:
She's levitating 3 lightsabers for defense and has her Force powers.

How does she have Force powers?
Wouldn't both her hands be gone?
quote:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 12:11 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image) Sadly enough, I don't Darth Traya has ever been in a "fair fight."

She did beat the shit out of Atton that one time. That was funny.

Besides, she was powerful enough to casually kill 7 Sith at once. Don't look down on her.

"This place is your last test. It is the graveyard of the past, where you lost everything. It is the dark place in your mind that still echoes of failure. Now we shall see if you can overcome the weight of Malachor... and silence the echoes that beat from its heart."
After you chop off her arm, she states "You have yet to learn the full extent of power."
It can be safe to say that before her hands were vanquished, it was merely a test.

The entire game was a test. That doesn't make it any less real. Just because it was a test doesn't mean she was holding back. Traya specifically says she won't hold back because doing so would make everything pointless. The only way the Exile can pass the test is by legitimately beating her. If you'd payed attention you'd know that holding back on the Exile is counter to every philosophy Kreia holds.

How does she have Force powers?
Wouldn't both her hands be gone?

Uh, what? You can use the Force without hands. :I

She killed over half a dozen Sith without even looking at them, she doesn't need to physically have fingers to attack with the Force. She still has stumps. And she's obviously able to use TK so wtf?

(please log in to view the image)

I'm not sure why you're so shocked. The Exile is pretty dang powerful. In some respects I'd say she surpassed him. Her ability to easily copy the skills of others would indicate a tremendous amount of technical skill.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 12:30 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Ew. This is actually forming into an actual debate.
Expect my next response to be shitty enough to destroy it.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 12:33 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
Don't look down on her.

I think I rank her higher then you do. erm
quote:
The entire game was a test. That doesn't make it any less real. Just because it was a test doesn't mean she was holding back. Traya specifically says she won't hold back because doing so would make everything pointless. The only way the Exile can pass the test is by legitimately beating her. If you'd payed attention you'd know that holding back on the Exile is counter to every philosophy Kreia holds.

Yet again, Darth Traya says "You have yet to learn the full extent of power."
I don't know what you consider that, but personally, that's a red mark signalling she wasn't unleashing her full power at first.
quote:
Uh, what? You can use the Force without hands. :I

She killed over half a dozen Sith without even looking at them, she doesn't need to physically have fingers to attack with the Force. She still has stumps. And she's obviously able to use TK so wtf?

I was referring to Force Lightning.
Can you do that with stumps?
quote:

I'm not sure why you're so shocked. The Exile is pretty dang powerful. In some respects I'd say she surpassed him. Her ability to easily copy the skills of others would indicate a tremendous amount of technical skill.

Darth Malak is superior to the Jedi Exile.
Currently making a thread about his power.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 12:37 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Bro, you been "Quoting Post in Thread Nomi Sunrider Respect Thread" for like ten minutes now. erm

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 12:48 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I was watching Tarboy again. Love that video.

I think I rank her higher then you do. erm

Yeah, so I don't know why you don't find her defeat a more impressive display.

Yet again, Darth Traya says "You have yet to learn the full extent of power."
I don't know what you consider that, but personally, that's a red mark signalling she wasn't unleashing her full power at first.

If you'd actually looked at the context you'd know she's referring to the Exile's will to act. She only says that if the Exile agree's to kill her, which she replies:

"Good... you have strength. But you have yet to learn the full extent of power."

It's clearly not referring to actual combat power.

Also it's a darkside choice so....

I was referring to Force Lightning.
Can you do that with stumps?

Yes.

I don't understand your reasoning here. So according to you Kreia wasn't unleashing her full power until the second half of the fight... at which point she was incapable of actually using it fully? WTF?

Darth Malak is superior to the Jedi Exile.
Currently making a thread about his power.

Lmao. Are we talking about Malak on the Star Forge or as his regular mediocre self? I'd be happy to make that thread, since I know you have ****-all able to prove that.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 12:49 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
I don't understand your reasoning here. So according to you Kreia wasn't unleashing her full power until the second half of the fight... at which point she was incapable of actually using it fully? WTF?

Who knows dude...who cares. Besides Nihilus, that game was only good for extreme Revan wank.
I couldn't care less about Meetra, don't know why you were determined to drag me into a debate with her.
It is only logical to expect those shitty responses, because I have absolutely no interest in the debate.
Revan or Malak are different stories, of course. I am referring to Star Forge Darth Malak.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 12:54 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Regular Malak could hardly handle Leviathan Revan, weaker than the Exile, who is way weaker than end-game KotOR Revan, slightly stronger than the Exile, who he couldn't handle amped multiple times.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 12:58 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Who knows dude...who cares. Besides Nihilus, that game was only good for extreme Revan wank.
I couldn't care less about Meetra, don't know why you were determined to drag me into a debate with her.
It is only logical to expect those shitty responses, because I have absolutely no interest in the debate.
Revan or Malak are different stories, of course. I am referring to Star Forge Darth Malak.

Kotor 2 is one of the best parts of the entire EU. It shits on Revans book. erm

Too bad.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 01:03 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

@Freshestslice.
That's the craziest shit I ever read, lmfao.
I'm not done my Malak thread yet, hold on.

"Yoda could hardly handle R2-D2, weaker then Darth Maul, who is way weaker then Darth Sidious, slightly stronger then The Sith Emperor, who he couldn't handle the power of the Hero of Tython."
The face of sheer logic. ^

@Neph. Traya and Nihilus were great.
The Exile, that homeless Jedi Council member, and everything else sucked more dick then you did last night.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 01:05 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

[B]@Freshestslice.
That's the craziest shit I ever read, lmfao.
I'm not done my Malak thread yet, hold on.

"Yoda could hardly handle R2-D2, weaker then Darth Maul, who is way weaker then Darth Sidious, slightly stronger then The Sith Emperor, who he couldn't handle the power of the Hero of Tython."
The face of sheer logic. ^

No it's not. Revan, on the Leviathan, has absolutely no access to what makes the Revan, from what we know, besides combat prowess, stated to be incomplete by everyone in game and by the mission log. The Exile, on the other hand, has only been stated to have a weakened connection to the Force in KotOR II. From the beginning, they have been stated to carry as a Jedi does, fight as an Echani does, and knows many Jedi survival techniques, things Revan has learned for a whopping few weeks, and second hand from Bastila. While some memories were returning, Revan is nowhere near as powerful as they are post Leviathan, where his power is confirmed to have increased due to remembering much more of his previous life as Revan, enough to even sway Bastila away from Malak, even seeing his previous performance only a week or two prior. The Exile is given no such limitation from the beginning of her journey in rediscovering the Force. For all intents and purposes, she is a fully trained and powerful Jedi Knight without the Force. Revan on the other hand, was a Padawan going off deja vu by every account accept yours.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 01:14 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I suggest you play KotOR.
It is stated by Vandar and Bastila that Malak grows more powerful by the second.
By the time of end-game, even without the Star Forge, he might have already surpassed Darth Revan.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 01:18 AM