KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Nomi Sunrider Respect Thread

Nomi Sunrider Respect Thread
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (54): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

>Using Bastila as a source

Either way, didn't Bastila also say that, "You will defeat Malak," to both of them being, "No match for Malak," then going on to say that, "A true Jedi is more than a match for even the Dark Lord of the Sith," she's hardly reliable source for anything more than offhanded comments. Most of which are for an emotional response.

Anyway, that wasn't the point. The point is, Leviathan Revan knows less than Darth Revan, and definitely less than end-game Revan. Malak was being pressed until he was able to use Stasis, which Revan was unprepared for, not being completely trained. Darth Revan would know how to defend against this. Leviathan Revan wouldn't.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 01:27 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Kotor 2 is one of the best parts of the entire EU. It shits on Revans book. erm

Too bad.

I actually agree with that thumb up

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 01:31 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Vandar seems reliable, and the fact they both state the same thing, despite them being in no relation to one another. Vandar states it on Dantooine, Bastila does on Lehon.
Also once again, please play KotOR. Darth Malak was not being hard-pressed. It makes me roll eyes (sarcastic) when people engage in Revan/Malak debates with no knowledge on the character.
In fact, according to Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Prima Guide, Darth Malak injures Revan in the duel, forcing Revan to "bare the brunt of Malak's assaults" in a defense.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 01:34 AM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 01:31 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Vandar seems reliable, and the fact they both state the same thing, despite them being in no relation to one another. Vandar states it on Dantooine, Bastila does on Lehon.

Bastila is not a reliable source so she doesn't back up Vandar. Also, such things are often said to press one into a solution. I do not doubt that Malak is stronger than Darth Revan, or even a superior saberist, but again, that wasn't the point. The point is, Padawan Revan does not know what Darth Revan did and was still able to hold his own.
quote:

Also once again, please play KotOR. Darth Malak was not being pressed. It makes me roll eyes (sarcastic) when people engage in Revan/Malak debates with no knowledge on the character.

Malak retreating instead of destroying Revan like every other opponent we see him face says otherwise. Revan was able to duel with Revan where as no one else was. Either way, I've played the game a fair bit since release, more times than I can count and recently. Thanks for suggesting I do though.
quote:

In fact, according to Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Prima Guide, Darth Malak injures Revan in the duel, forcing Revan to "bare the brunt of Malak's assaults" in a defense. [/B]

Being pressed =/= having a disadvantage. Being able to constantly react and attack, is a definition for press. The fact that Malak had to resort to stun to finish Revan off shows that even then he was a formidable opponent for him.

Last edited by FreshestSlice on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 01:41 AM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 01:38 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
Bastila is not a reliable source.

When two sources both state the same thing, regardless of reliability (and Vandar is reliable), with no signs of contradiction, then I don't see any issue on why it's not true.
quote:
Malak retreating instead of destroying Revan like every other opponent we see him face says otherwise. Revan was able to duel with Revan where as no one else was.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Prima Guide implies Darth Malak did this to ensure "one-on-one combat" would occur.
If you payed attention to the dialogue before hand, he was rather pissed that many Sith doubted he could beat Revan.
The fact the guide says "returns through the blast door" rather then "retreat" further supports my claim.
Also, it is worth mentioning that the guide says Malak goes away from Revan once *Revan* gets some injury, not vise-versa like many say.
There is also the fact that all books, Bastila, Carth, and Malak all say Revan must "retreat" from Malak in order to survive.
quote:
The fact that Malak had to resort to stun to finish Revan off shows that even then he was a formidable opponent for him.

Not at all. If you played the game, you would notice Bastila Shan comes out immediately after Revan is in stasis.
Malak would have felt her breaking from his hold, and then stopped the fight with Revan in order to defend himself against Shan.
It is only logical for him to not fight the both of them when he can easily just beat them separate. Carth agrees with me.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 01:47 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

How the **** does this have anything to do with Nomi Sunrider?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 01:57 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Exactly. -_- I'm annoyed my shitty respect thread is further being shitted on.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 01:58 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

When two sources both state the same thing, regardless of reliability (and Vandar is reliable), with no signs of contradiction, then I don't see any issue on why it's not true.

When the source is the same person, it is. Bastila is a staunch proponent of the Jedi Council and held them above all else. Her agreeing with them means nothing, especially when she herself is unreliable in this regard.
quote:

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Prima Guide implies Darth Malak did this to ensure "one-on-one combat" would occur.
If you payed attention to the dialogue before hand, he was rather pissed that many Sith doubted he could beat Revan.
The fact the guide says "returns through the blast door" rather then "retreat" further supports my claim.
Also, it is worth mentioning that the guide says Malak goes away from Revan once *Revan* gets some injury, not vise-versa like many say.
There is also the fact that all books, Bastila, Carth, and Malak all say Revan must "retreat" from Malak in order to survive.

None of that discredits what I said, that Revan was viable combatent that pushed Malak more than most. I never said that Malak couldn't handle Revan. Although the one on one thing is interesting, and I will admit I did not remember.
quote:

Not at all. If you played the game, you would notice Bastila Shan comes out immediately after Revan is in stasis.
Malak would have felt her breaking from his hold, and then stopped the fight with Revan in order to defend himself against Shan.
It is only logical for him to not fight the both of them when he can easily just beat them separate. Carth agrees with me.

I was not making this point. At all. I will admit, Malak may have not, "had to" resort to Stasis, but the fact that he used it instead of just defeating Revan shows that Revan was competent enough to be stunned. I don't consider Bastila competent enough, which makes me believe that Revan was viable enough to finish Malak off in team. I'm guessing that you think Bastila is competent, since you believe a saber throw is worthy of putting someone in Stasis. Especially when she takes the time to scream out that she is doing it.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 02:02 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Exactly. -_- I'm annoyed my shitty respect thread is further being shitted on.

Am I allowed to place a ban on stuff not related to Nomi Sunrider? FreshestSlice, if you want to have the same debate I just recently bested ShootingNova on, be my guess, but don't do it here.
quote:
When the source is the same person, it is. Bastila is a staunch proponent of the Jedi Council and held them above all else. Her agreeing with them means nothing, especially when she herself is unreliable in this regard.

The bold confirms you never played the game.
She didn't agree with him, she wasn't even on the same planet when she too said the same thing Vandar thing.
In fact, she said it weeks upon weeks afterwards.
quote:
None of that discredits what I said, that Revan was viable combatent that pushed Malak more than most.

Lies. Darth Malak had the upperhand the entire battle, and I seriously doubt anyone could ever prove otherwise.
quote:
but the fact that he used it instead of just defeating Revan shows that Revan was competent enough to be stunned.

Just as Maul was competent enough to get ragdolled by Sidious because Sidious grew tired of the toying? I don't see any difference here.
In fact, putting Revan in stasis is a testament to Malak's power. Putting Shan/Carth in stasis was stated to have been use of "incredible power."
quote:
I'm guessing that you think Bastila is competent, since you believe a saber throw is worthy of putting someone in Stasis. Especially when she takes the time to scream out that she is doing it.

Canonically, Bastila's interruption of the fight was a heroic sacrifice. Otherwise, Revan would have been killed. erm

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 02:09 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

So ant, what so you think about those nomi sources? All if them are very serious and intent on defending it. Have you gotten a response from avellone?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 4th, 2014 03:28 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No, they are the biggest lies I have ever seen. If you want to make a fanficiton, at least make it good. erm
And no, no response from Avellone yet. Tbh, I actually hoping he confirms they are right...
Because then that means an entire new arsenal of Revan books waiting to be pirated! big grin
People can follow the massacre here: http://www.swtor.com/community/show...162&page=16

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jul 4th, 2014 at 04:01 PM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2014 03:58 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Hey, they dissed KMC. Assholes (please log in to view the image)

Though I can see why, you've caused quite the $hitstorm ant.

Last edited by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ on Jul 4th, 2014 at 05:02 PM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2014 04:47 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Do you need to be a subscribed to post there? Is that why I'm not allowed?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2014 05:04 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Nephthys
Do you need to be a subscribed to post there? Is that why I'm not allowed?

Yes.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2014 05:06 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Yeah you need to be subscribed. Sucks. That said, it'd be amusing if you joined Ant's merciless crusade. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 4th, 2014 05:06 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You were very rude, Ant.

Although those clearly are incredibly fake.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2014 06:08 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
You were very rude, Ant.

They shitted on my Revan Respect Thread on another thread.
I took pride in my attack. Made me feel good.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jul 4th, 2014 at 07:34 PM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2014 07:31 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

(please log in to view the image)
They put Saba Sebatyne on Revan level. This must be stopped.
Any members who have access to the boards, please comment below.
The great massacre of the century is coming. The threads of swtor.com will be filled with blood!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 04:46 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Wasn't Saba the NJO's Grandmaster for some time?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 05:53 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

(please log in to view the image)
They put Saba Sebatyne on Revan level. This must be stopped.
Any members who have access to the boards, please comment below.
The great massacre of the century is coming. The threads of swtor.com will be filled with blood!

Their ranking methodology is not suitable to properly evaluate power of characters. Greater number of feats come in handy in that kind of ranking methodology, mostly assumptions based on which feat they find impressive in comparison to another (subjectivity). Unfortunately, characters with proven combat record get undersold in such rankings such as Revan and Sith Emperor.

Heck, according to that method Bastilla Shan should be most impressive Jedi of her era, keeping in mind how she could influence entire fleets with her BM talent. However, Revan is much stronger then her on the whole.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 11:05 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote