KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5: Guardians
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Halo 5: Guardians

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05...dians-announced

I didn't get into Halo 4 as much as I wish I did. Lets see how Halo next gen goes!

PWNT

Old Post May 16th, 2014 07:27 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Guardians huh? The name would take a new meaning if the X-Box One still had DRM.

That blue-visored Spartan looks pretty cool though. If he's gonna be some kind of rival to Chief, hopefully he or whoever the main antagonist is doesn't have an anticlimactic end like the Didact did in 4.

And still waiting for that Halo 2 Anniversary.

Old Post May 16th, 2014 07:45 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Me thinks it could be a Spartan 4/Multiplayer version of the player.

But a rival and stuff would be really cool. Wanna see Chief throwdown with another super powered being.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 16th, 2014 08:16 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I just... don't understand the point of someone wearing a cloak while garbed in power armor.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 16th, 2014 09:33 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

The coolness. Plus maybe he is trying to keep a low profile(as low a profile a giant 8-9 foot, ton weighting power armored man can be)

Last edited by Zack Fair on May 18th, 2014 at 04:21 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2014 04:17 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I just... don't understand the point of someone wearing a cloak while garbed in power armor.

Maybe his armor finally reached it's limit to how many times he can fall down to a planet/Halo ring, leaving parts of his body exposed to the harsh sand and needs protection hence the cloak.

How would it turn out if a Halo game is like Lost Planet only instead of trying to survive blizzards, you have to survive sandstorms I wonder.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 19th, 2014 at 02:12 AM

Old Post May 19th, 2014 01:57 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

m.ign.com/articles/2015/06/09/all-halo-5-guardians-dlc-maps-will-be-free

Most/all of the map dlc will be free. This is obviously a peace offering for catastrophe that was the MCC, but I appreciate the gesture all the same.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 05:10 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AgentJay04

The Guardians are giant Forerunner Bird constructs seen in the trailer. The plot is that Master Chief and Blue Team are apparently AWOL and Jameson Locke/(The Guy in blue) is supposed to track them with the help of Fireteam Osiris (which so includes Buck from ODST). The Covenant and Prometheans return in this game.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 06:51 AM
AgentJay04 is currently offline Click here to Send AgentJay04 a Private Message Find more posts by AgentJay04 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I'm very interested in this Warzone mode.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:40 AM
Arachnid1

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...plitscreen_for/

Splitscreen in Halo is officially dead. Stupid move.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 09:42 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

So many people talking about their disappointed wives.

Yeah, sure lol.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 10:01 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Arachnid1
http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...plitscreen_for/

Splitscreen in Halo is officially dead. Stupid move.

That's ****ing annoying

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 10:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2015 11:43 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

eek!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 06:03 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Nemesis X
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Ha...ting-84747.html

Map voting has been removed.

GOOD.
About time.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 07:03 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I don't like map vote. I like playing a various amounts of maps.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 10:14 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Bought it and it's a lot of fun.

It's smooth, the sound is absolutely fantastic and multiplayer works flawlessly. I tried a few games of Arena and I still ****ing suck but I was starting to get into it. I enjoy how it's a bit old school and I have a good feeling I will be playing for awhile.

Man, I do want the Elite controller though but it's all sold out and I will probably feel like an idiot for paying about $200 for a controller....

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 02:18 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

Multiplayer is incredible, best since Halo 2, balanced, smooth, map design is excellent

Campaign is...well it's good but none of the concepts from the marketing campaign like Chief being a traitor or ONI being involved was actually in the game

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 02:22 PM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hey don't continue that conversation, I haven't finished yet.

I find it interesting regarding campaigns. The story itself does seem to be as good as some games but the mission structure is good. I enjoy how the missions play out. They are a lot more immersive and offer a lot of awesome opportunities to flank and defeats peeps.

In my opinion, campaigns is equal parts story and mission and map design. GameSpot reviewed Halo 5 and had issues with story but loved pretty much everything else and gave it an 8 yet....they gave Phantom Pain a 10 even though they have said the story is a piece of shit including mission design. I find it interesting on how some games can criticize while others do not for the same thing.

Personally, I having a ton of fun playing the campaign and while the story doesn't feel as great as it can be, the mission design and map design are incredible. I love how open the levels are and the movements they added are a much needed boost for the game. ****ing love jumping, flying to get to areas that provide me the ability to control the field. It's great.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 02:30 PM
Arachnid1

I've held off on buying this and Assassins Creed since Fallout is right around the corner. I'll probably get this more down the line

PWNT

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 04:11 PM