KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5: Guardians
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Having fun in Warzone

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 07:04 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

Warzone is pretty legit, the best thing to happen to Halo since Forge back in Halo 3

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 09:17 PM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Joe's ripping this a new *******.

Is the SP really like 4 hours long?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Nov 8th, 2015 at 09:42 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 09:40 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Maybe if you play on easy and rush...

It took a friend and me seven or eight hours on heroic.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 09:48 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Might that be because you and your friend are shitters, though?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 09:59 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Nah.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 10:02 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 10:08 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch

Joe's ripping this a new *******.

Is the SP really like 4 hours long?

Jackfrags did a playthrough on Youtube. Five episodes long, average length was about 40-45 minutes. It does seem like a pretty skimpy storymode, and the ending seemed kind of anticlimactic.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 11:31 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Kinda like Bungie's Halo 2 but that's okay. It's 343's trilogy so they got to end it somehow that'll make you want to see the third.

As for the length of the game, depends how long the highest difficulty will keep me busy do I consider it short or long and most Halo games have kept me busy for awhile on solo legendary. Halo 4's took me almost a whole day.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Nov 8th, 2015 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 11:49 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

First playthrough on heroic with a friend took me either a couple days or a day and a half given that we were also going for the intels, skulls, and some other miscellaneous stuff on first playthrough. And then a few or couple days for the solo legendary run, though was also doing other stuff in between.

Yeah, don't see how this campaign can be done in 4 hours unless one plays on easy and rushes through. Joe talking out of his ass again, even if he's right about most of the other things of the game.

And yep, Warzone is the shit. thumb up

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 12:03 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

There is no such thing as a set in length of a game. I've seen people take over 10 hours to beat Halo 5 on normal with less than 30 deaths. Cry Baby Joe most likely did a casual playthrough of the game, didn't find any intel or skulls and didn't take his time. Halo 5 story to me is a game that you should take your time with simply because there's a lot of hidden goodies in the game and some bad ass set pieces

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 02:38 AM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

Also, Exuberant Witness is AWESOME

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 02:38 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Thanks for that input, Phil.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 02:45 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by RadZoa
There is no such thing as a set in length of a game. I've seen people take over 10 hours to beat Halo 5 on normal with less than 30 deaths. Cry Baby Joe most likely did a casual playthrough of the game, didn't find any intel or skulls and didn't take his time. Halo 5 story to me is a game that you should take your time with simply because there's a lot of hidden goodies in the game and some bad ass set pieces

Yep. As it is, I'd still have to say 5's campaign is up there with Halo 2 in overall length. Went through Halo 2 and more on the MC collection not long before 5 came out, so I have a fairly fresh memory of it all; which campaigns were short, which ones were longest.

Anyone who beat Halo 5 in 4 hours or less pretty much had to of done a quick casual runthrough without taking their time. Maybe Joe even skipped some cutscenes as well and just watched them through someone else's playthrough before he reviewed, though that might be stretching it a bit.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Nov 9th, 2015 at 04:46 AM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 04:36 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

The campaign is very meh. It took me longer than 4 hours but I was doing it on heroic. Its hilarious how Joe didn't know split screen was removed lol

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 12:13 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Zack Fair
The campaign is very meh. It took me longer than 4 hours but I was doing it on heroic. Its hilarious how Joe didn't know split screen was removed lol

What did you think all about [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the change with Cortana and stuff? (use spoilers for those who have yet to get the game and play the story)

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I doubt the direction taken with her now is something Bungie would've done, but I kinda like it. An AI who overcomes rampancy that in turn becomes more self-aware and wants to do its own thing. The psychological tactics she was trying to do to Chief which he saw through was still annoying though.

Oh, also, the legendary post-credits ending scene shows [SPOILER - highlight to read]: an active Halo ring while you hear her voice humming in the background... Shit's gonna get real next time.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Nov 9th, 2015 at 03:13 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 03:03 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I like the story. Granted I didn't give a single flying **** about Locke and fireteam Osiris, but I like the darker turn/grittier stuff.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Seeing Halsey with just one arm is always shocking. Especially at her age and after everything she's been through. I saw Cortana turning a mile away. It has been foreshadowed many times during the Halo saga and even in Marathon. I like the personal touch/struggle Chief has with her. Its quite awesome. Especially how she is so obsessed with him and pretty much an overly attached girlfriend xD

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 03:45 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Just got to my friend's house, I'm going to play through it on legendary.

'pinions pending.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 09:41 PM
steverules_2

I was thinking about getting an xbox one so I could play the halo games, but 3 missions as master chief... erm I'll wait for it to go down in price, dunno why Joe shat on Halo 4 which in my opinion was an amazing game.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 09:41 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Halo 4 was pretty good.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 10:20 PM