KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackZero30x
Jack

lol I hope. I bought digital for the soul reaon to play this at midnight.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 10:21 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Check your DL bro. Mine got up to 60 like they said

I'm so hyped! COmbination of nostalgia and excitement kicking my balls

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 11th, 2014 12:26 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Yeah! I checked and mine is 59.1.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2014 03:10 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

343 ****ed up big time. =\

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 01:33 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Yeah they did Terrible freaking launch

Everything about this game is screwed up in some way. Im an Achievement Whore and some of the Achievements I have earned wont unlock. The Servers are terrible to the point that it takes forever to get into a match and sometimes when I do Im all alone...no team mates and no other team. Story randomly kicks you and barely lets you co op. They promise they have fixes coming for everything really soon though.

Last edited by BlackZero30x on Nov 13th, 2014 at 01:56 AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 01:50 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

In their defense they had huge plans/ambition with this collection. I'm not really surprised with the current situation, well maybe a little. What I am is pissed off, and I would be throwing fits left and right if it wasn't for my addiction to Destiny.

Have only been able to play 1 single match. The campaign somehow decided to forget my current checkpoint and pushed me back to the 2nd level. I haven't bothered with the achievements yet. Too many.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 02:04 AM
ares834

Read that the Xbox achievement cloud went down so that's micros tots fault not 343. But yeah, servers are terrible right now. Borderline unplayable at times.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 02:16 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

It could be. I just hope the Achievement stuff gets fixed. I got like 6 other Achievements thinking those unlocking would some how pop the ones I have stuck but didn't happen. At least the Achievements unlock....Just not all of them lol

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 02:37 AM
Arachnid1

I cant even do coop legendary with me friends.

And they left out infection mode, which blows since that was one of my tops.

Rough launch indeed.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 03:18 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I cant even do coop legendary with me friends.

And they left out infection mode, which blows since that was one of my tops.

Rough launch indeed.

There is an Infection match type in custume game

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 03:35 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I hear 343 will be removing some playlists to find out if matchmaking will work. Oi...

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 06:37 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

They did. Like 65% of the list is gone.

SMH 343.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 09:20 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

yup and its not helping. The servers are awful, Playing with friends is real difficult, playing in general is difficult and they are now removing content. So I paid $60 so 343 could f*** me up the a** it would seem.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 11:39 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Way to drop the ball 343.

This was supposed to try and revitalize the franchise and make people love Halo again. SMH.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 01:44 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

This is like mostly every other launch nowadays.

It will be fixed. Everything will be fine. People will enjoy the game that was released three days ago.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 03:04 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Watching clips of the gameplay on youtube really does tug at the ol' nostalgia strings.

I just... can't bring myself to buy a One, though.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 09:31 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Understandable, even though there is actual games for this system. Sunset Overdrive is a very fun game.

Online issues will be fixed and everybody will be happy. There is so much content in the collection that you could play all four SP campaigns and then do MP afterwards.

I just started Halo: CE for the first time in years and I forgot how easy games are today. At one point, I was like, "where the hell do I have to go again".....

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 04:14 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

TBH I bought the collection solely for MP and playing the new shiny H2 campaign. I've

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:25 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So I have been playing the campaigns and beat the first two.

Originally, I bought Halo on the PC when I got my first awesome gaming computer. I also bought Doom 3 as well. I heard so many great things about the game so I actually started playing it before Doom 3 (which also got great reviews). At first I enjoyed it but after awhile, I was like, "what the **** is this?". I got so bored with it. Considering I was about to play Doom 3 and loved Half Life, Halo is the complete opposite. Anywhoo, re-playing gave me a new perspective. The action/gunplay are absolutely fantastic and the open driving sections would of been awesome when the Xbox was released. But, it still doesn't cover up the fact that Halo reused so many of its level designs that it's complete padding. You essential replay the same levels twice and the worst part, each level reuses art assets completely. The Control Room level is ****ing brutal, it reuses the same layout for an hour or so. While I got annoyed with the Flood I don't mind them as much as I used to do.

Then I replayed Halo 2. Much better campaign. Each level is pretty unique in it' setting and there is some interesting events that happen. I also enjoyed have more weapons to choose from that are very different and the story is a bit more involved. The remastered cinematics are ****ing amazing and really help you get into the story and universe of Halo. Overall, much better campaign. Can't really comment on the ending because of the unique situation of knowing two more games await me....

I'm glad I bought this collection. MP is fun too.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 01:21 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I still remember the first time I walked into Halo in the level called Halo(LoL). My jaw dropped. The vast open spaces, the warthog run with searching and rescuing marines to mount geurrilla warfare still stands out to this day. It was just so epic and new to me. ANd how can I forget the open sandbox of the Silent Cartographer with storming the beach and its open sandbox. My favorite Halo level ever.

Halo 1 is still pretty damned good thumb up Although yes the later part of the game sucks except for the grandessque warthog escape at the end.

Haven't played much of the collection though. The release issues kind of turned me off and got me back into the addiction that is Destiny, but now I got thanksgiving weekend.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Nov 24th, 2014 at 04:53 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 04:49 PM