KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, the escape is fun and the first of the game is as well but I can't look past the last five levels. I thought The Library was bad but both the Library and Control Room were shit.

It also doesn't help the last few levels are just the first few levels in reverse.

The matchmaking is working decently well. To get into a match is pretty quick (for matchmaking standards) but I find finishing a map and if the player count goes below the minimum, you might as well just quit and start anew.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 07:23 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Yeah. I'm not defending Bungie's decision to reuse everything. I'm well aware of everything. It was even more tedious when playing through them on Legendary lol.

Library is really bad, and control room but IMHO the worst Halo level ever made is Cortana in Halo 3.

Still makes me cringe to this day.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 07:39 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I've been playing FC4 while this game got its fixes. Hows everything running?

And have they returned the infection mode to matchmaking yet?

PWNT

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 08:21 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Don't think so.

I can get into matches and the run extremely well (no slowdown at all) but there is still some hiccups. Definitely playable but I still think they are running a short playlist still.

And the campaigns runs fine. Just remember to quit and save instead of just shutting off the console. In Halo 2, I played 75% through and it froze of me and I guess the checkpoints are only there when playing and doesn't save to the HDD. It doesn't really matter because every missions is available from the start but just a heads up.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 09:47 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Haven't played much matchmaking or campaign. The issues held me back from doing so, but from what little I gathered from my nephew playing it seems like matchmaking is working much better, faster and fluid.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 10:10 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

343 adding ODST campaign for free!

The fact that the servers are so shitty is completely unacceptable, but it's damn good of them to give us a remastered ODST.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 06:09 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Meh.

10 bucks the ODST campaign ****s everything up. Even more so.

It is a nice gesture though. ANd I read they are going to give us another remastered map.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Dec 20th, 2014 at 04:28 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 04:21 PM
Arachnid1

Would have preferred Reach, but ODST is the only one I never really played. Played the first level only, so cool I guess.

Hopefully they release Reach as DLC someday. Its now the only Halo game besides Wars we cant play on One.

Also, give us Infected mode already!

PWNT

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 07:01 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I was going to buy ODST anyways so this is sweet!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 06:45 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

ODST is the worst of the series and little more than an expansion than a standalone game. So it should be for free.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 29th, 2014 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2014 09:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Sure. Its about 6 hours long and if they don't do anything to it aside from a bit of resolution fixes then that's about $15 bucks.

So it's good that it is free still.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2014 09:31 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Disagree about ODST being the worst of the series. I liked the open ended/sandbox nature of the campaign. That was really good. Also cool to watch the covies from the non-godlike perspective of MC.

Agreed with Smas. They could easily charge for it. Not much though.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2014 05:42 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I would suspect they would charge about $20 for it if it came as DLC.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2014 01:38 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Pretty much. MS has no shame when it comes to overpricing stuff lol.

Anyways I was watching Forward unto Dawn and I gotta say there is untaped potential for lots and lots of horror within the Halo universe. The best parts of the 40 minutes one shot were when the humans were completely helpless against the terrifying nature of the Covenant(Elites in particular)

Old Post Dec 31st, 2014 08:03 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

From what I read ODST will only be free for people that have played between release and Dec 19th. They are also giving a nameplate and avatar in game only for those people along with a free month of gold.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Dec 31st, 2014 11:26 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Pretty much. MS has no shame when it comes to overpricing stuff lol.

Anyways I was watching Forward unto Dawn and I gotta say there is untaped potential for lots and lots of horror within the Halo universe. The best parts of the 40 minutes one shot were when the humans were completely helpless against the terrifying nature of the Covenant(Elites in particular)

Yeah, it does. The series was very well done for what it was.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2015 05:53 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Started playing Halo 4 again.

It's crazy how different the 4th is from the 3rd. The graphics and sound design are light years ahead of Halo 3. It's not even close. I don't know if they did anything to that graphics/sound but it's incredible.

It basically makes me want to play Halo 5.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 06:38 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Did ya play Halo 4 when it came out? It had insane graphics for being a 360 game. It is the same game just running at 1080p and 60FPS and it looks absolutely amazing. Almost current gen to be completely honest.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 08:15 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I've heard that aside from the crippling bugs, this is one of the best value buys of 2014.

Watching the HD Halo 2 cutscenes on youtube gave me a girthy chub. If I had the disposable income I'd probably buy a One just for this game.

... well not really. But if I did buy a One this'd be my first buy.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 09:38 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

thumb up

It is the most awesome collection of games ever. Being able to play all Halos on the one and having Halo 2 updated with One graphics is just too good an offer. I'm a rabid Halo fan, but even the biggest hater will have a hard time bitching about the value of MCC(bugs aside)

We're talking 4 epic campaigns that have 4 player co-op each. We also have the MP of all the Halos in one disc/download with dedicated servers running on 60FPS(AWESOME) We also have over 4000 Achievement points for the Achievement whores out there. And we have All the Halo extras such as Halo:Nightfall(kick ass series) and 5(soonto be 6) remade maps that are way better than their original Halo 2 counterparts(which is saying something considering Halo 2 has the best maps across the entire series) And we will soon get ODST and an extra mode: Firefight on top of it all.

Agreed. If you have an Xbone you got to buy this.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jan 15th, 2015 at 09:56 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 09:53 PM