KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Rumor: Original Star Wars Films Prepped for Blu-ray

Rumor: Original Star Wars Films Prepped for Blu-ray
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Employment of animators?
Gotta bring home that cheddah.

Originally posted by PTforthewin
Wow, well I have excitement,worry, awe,tension when I see one of those battle scenes so I'm not sure if your just trolling.
Hey if you do, great. I'd rather like a movie than dislike it. But the prequels do nothing but bore or annoy me. The single greatest contribution the PT has made, in my opinion, is giving something that other people can work with, and not just within Star Wars canon.

Auralnauts and the RedLetterMedia reviews are far and away more entertaining.

Old Post May 27th, 2014 01:35 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

RedletterMedia rules.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 06:53 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beedubaya

I actually prefer the Special Editions with the exception of the Han/Gredo scene. I understand, for nostalgic purposes, why people would want the original theatrical release. I hope the new set that comes out has both versions of the films.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2014 06:12 PM
Click here to Send beedubaya a Private Message Find more posts by beedubaya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, I'd like a nicely cleaned up version of the OT. Like they did with the excellent new Jaws blu ray. The SE's were already tinkered with.

The OOT made movie history, HUUUUUUGE movie history. Why are the actual movies that actually made that actual movie history kept from the audience?

I don't mind Lucas endlessly changing his mind and tinkering with his saga. Just give us what made millions wow in the first place as well, in as good a condition as possible.

They can clean up matte lines, the boxes around the Tie's, fix cracks in the film etc. but please don't tamper with the look. Just give us what made SW great.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 07:07 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beedubaya

My first exposure to Star Wars was the 1997 special editions in theaters. Therefore, that is the definitive version in my mind.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 04:05 PM
Click here to Send beedubaya a Private Message Find more posts by beedubaya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But it isn't.

It's like saying the chronological tv series of The Godfather is your first experience of the Godfather and therefore the definitive version. It is NOT... that series (like the SW SE) would never have existed without the success and greatness of the originals. The ORIGINALS made movie history, not the SE's.

And how can you like that terrible, terrible Jabba in ANH-SE.... ?*shudder*

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 09:36 AM
coolmovies

According to our sources, Disney has plans to release the original cut of the Star Wars trilogy on Blu-ray. Our sources indicate that the project has been under way for quite some time, but it’s been challenging because of some damage to the original negatives they are utilizing. The goal is to release A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of Jedi in their complete, unaltered, original form without the redone special edition SFX.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/1...ogy-to-be-rele/

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 11:32 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

That would be nice.

But why are the negatives damaged? And why is the rum gone?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2014 10:39 AM
coolmovies

becouse they are old

Old Post Dec 27th, 2014 09:13 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

So? Movies that are much older haven been nicely restored using the negatives.

The Godfather movies had only one little old age problem: the perfs were damaged, but that was easily fixed.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 03:16 PM
coolmovies

Originally posted by queeq
So? Movies that are much older haven been nicely restored using the negatives.

The Godfather movies had only one little old age problem: the perfs were damaged, but that was easily fixed.

These movies could have been out 10 years ago but lucus said they cost too much time and money

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2015 07:10 PM
queeq
Chaos

Oh yeah, and he sure is lacking in that department.

Personally, I think he just didn't want them to be out there. I think it's a sure money maker. SW nut jobs like us will buy it. If they can restore a cult tv series like Twin Peaks using the original film negatives (and not the original video masters) and make money on that, the OOT on blu ray will certainly make money. I think it's just a bunch of lame excuses.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 09:05 AM
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

I have the "O" OT on laserdisc. Splotchy. Dim. Original effects. Dull sound.

Would not have it any other way. And yes, the laserdiscs have issues because the film had damage, especially in EpIV.

The Moto Dork

Old Post Jan 21st, 2015 10:08 PM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes, well... they restorde The Godfather and Jaws... They can do this to ANH. It certainly deserves it for posterity.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 08:39 PM
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

I agree. These classic films need to be preserved for posterity. And yes, the Jaws blu-ray is gorgeous.

Personally though, I'd want to see BR of the OT as they were originally filmed and shown in theaters. So many people have never seen them this way.

The Moto Dork

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:41 PM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

That's what I mean though. But I wouldn't mind if they fix the boxes around the TIE's, remove the scratches and stuff. The thing I like about these hires restorations is that we get to see them in a way only the director and editors at the time saw them, in first print quality. Even in theaters you're watching copies.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 11:36 AM
C-3POTheClever

I think both versions should be available. They should have the way Lucas imagined it, & the way it was Originally views. Just have different versions on the same disk. However, I do think some of the changes should be taken away regardless such as Darth Vader's "NOOOOOOOO" which no one asked for or wanted or even liked!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 03:40 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe... SW will go into history as the movie with the largest amount of different versions... Film historians of the future will go crazy!!!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 01:44 PM
coolmovies

Reliance Media Works, who were previously called Lowry Digital and worked on the earlier DVD and Blu-ray releases of the Star Wars films, as well as the original Indiana Jones movies, have announced on their website that they recently finished a 4K/16-bit restoration of the original Star Wars trilogy.

Star Wars in 4K !!!

That's great news but which versions?

https://www.avforums.com/news/origi...ogy-in-4k.10513

I hope its Original, Unaltered version

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 09:53 AM
queeq
Chaos

We all do!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 01:55 PM