KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mortal Kombat X

Mortal Kombat X
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (63): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Mortal Kombat (Next-Gen)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05...cement-imminent

Rumors of the next Mortal Kombat, and a poster! About time.

PWNT

Old Post May 28th, 2014 09:46 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

About time. Injustice was great, but I missed MK.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 28th, 2014 10:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah.. :\

Still disappointing that this got cancelled.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812155

Old Post May 28th, 2014 10:52 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Damn, that would have been something.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 28th, 2014 11:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Meh. I have come to terms with the fact I will never love MK as much as I used to. It sucks =\

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on May 29th, 2014 at 04:44 PM

Old Post May 29th, 2014 04:40 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Why? MK9 was a better version of the originals imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 29th, 2014 06:17 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It was. To say like MK1, MK2, or 3 were better as a whole than 9 is just pure nostalgia talking, IMO. To each their own though.

Old Post May 30th, 2014 02:46 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I agree. Take in mind I never said the old ones are better. I just can't seem to enjoy them as much as I did in the old days. Nostalgia being a huge factor and being a kid back then. Was more focused on the characters than the actual gameplay, which was subpar compared to SFs now that I look at it. Nowadays I am more about the gameplay than the story. Which is why it suffers, because I can't enjoy it as much as I want to. I guess I got used to Capcom's fighters. I had no idea how much the blood, fatalities and overall Finish Him shenanigans lured me.

Again I'm not saying the game is bad. Just not my style anymore.

Old Post May 30th, 2014 09:50 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Fair enough. I mean even though MK's one of my favorite series, I've always acknowledged it as having somewhere around average gameplay at best for the most part when you look past the gore and fatalities, barring maybe the last game. As long as MK stays competitively competent though and doesn't lose its way again like it did with the 3D games (expanding the mythos being about the only thing they did right), I'll be satisfied.

Anyway, seems a teaser/trailer on this new game will be released Monday the 2nd according to Boon or some source.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 06:48 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I agree. Take in mind I never said the old ones are better. I just can't seem to enjoy them as much as I did in the old days. Nostalgia being a huge factor and being a kid back then. Was more focused on the characters than the actual gameplay, which was subpar compared to SFs now that I look at it. Nowadays I am more about the gameplay than the story. Which is why it suffers, because I can't enjoy it as much as I want to. I guess I got used to Capcom's fighters. I had no idea how much the blood, fatalities and overall Finish Him shenanigans lured me.

Again I'm not saying the game is bad. Just not my style anymore.

That's all right, I guess. I actually prefer the MK style, so i'm on the opposite side.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 12:26 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Fair enough. I mean even though MK's one of my favorite series, I've always acknowledged it as having somewhere around average gameplay at best for the most part when you look past the gore and fatalities, barring maybe the last game. As long as MK stays competitively competent though and doesn't lose its way again like it did with the 3D games (expanding the mythos being about the only thing they did right), I'll be satisfied.

Anyway, seems a teaser/trailer on this new game will be released Monday the 2nd according to Boon or some source.
Thank the heavens they went back to making MK. That dc fighter looked awful.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 03:34 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by quanchi112
Thank the heavens they went back to making MK. That dc fighter looked awful.

But what if Quan Chi doesn't make the roster?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 04:16 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 04:53 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Originally posted by -Pr-
That's all right, I guess. I actually prefer the MK style, so i'm on the opposite side.
thumb up x 2

I can still play it a lot. Its always fun to decapitate friends.

And MK9 is indeed the best one out there, toppled only by Injustice IMHO. I still need to buy Injustice. I'm just not sure on which platform.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jun 1st, 2014 at 05:48 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 05:46 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

thumb up x 2

I can still play it a lot. Its always fun to decapitate friends.

And MK9 is indeed the best one out there, toppled only by Injustice IMHO. I still need to buy Injustice. I'm just not sure on which platform.

I own both, and I've actually found that I enjoy both for different reasons.

Injustice is the superior game in terms of the depth of the fighting system, and though it isn't as visceral as MK, it does have some nice touches that please the comic fan I am. There are some bits that are a tad gimmicky (like the weapons in the stages), but it really doesn't detract from the game.

MK, for me, is a more satisfying game in terms of just how brutal things feel. When I cave in Scorpion's skull, there's a "caveman" part of me that gets more pleasure out of that than say, tossing Doomsday through the Phantom Zone.

I think you might be pleasantly surprised by Injustice, even if it does have some very MK-ish foundations underneath the gloss.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 05:57 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Yeah. I've played my fair share of Injustice. I don't own it, but a friend does and we have played quite a few times. I like it. If only it came out for PC, man.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 06:03 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah. I've played my fair share of Injustice. I don't own it, but a friend does and we have played quite a few times. I like it. If only it came out for PC, man.

It is on PC. it's on steam. stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 06:05 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

!? Oh shit really? Was it on PC when it first come out? Or did it make it to PC when the PS4 version was released?

How the hell did I miss it

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 06:06 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

!? Oh shit really? Was it on PC when it first come out? Or did it make it to PC when the PS4 version was released?

How the hell did I miss it

Yeah, the ultimate edition came out a while back. before ps4 but after ps3. I know because I considered buying it when It was on sale.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 06:07 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I'm so going to RIP it off.

Will buy it at a later time, but right now I've spent a little too much in gaming.

Need my stratosphere uppercut fix though. Superman would be ashamed of me i know =[

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 06:12 PM