KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mortal Kombat X

Mortal Kombat X
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (63): « First ... « 61 62 [63]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Starting to see more now what you meant about how crazy it can be at times having to remember all these combos. Just realized I had forgotten the main ones with Predator when I started using him again earlier, so had to go as far back as page 50 of this thread to relearn some of the ones like what you had listed (namely ones for warrior variation), but still remembered the combos for all my other pre-KP2 characters/variations, oddly enough.

Got the 100 win card backgrounds for Bo Rai Cho and Alien (Bo's is just him doing his fart special in the destroyed city stage), and 50+ wins for each of the four Triborg variations. Will prolly get the 100 win ones with each next time I'm on the game for awhile.

The Cyrax net combos are decent and surprisingly simpler than I thought. That Alien acidic corner combo is pretty good too. Starting to get a better idea of when to use acid on the ground even when not doing corner stuff (same with Bo's ground fire in dragon breath I suppose), and Smoke's smoke cloud combos are awesome anywhere you do 'em. Like with previous games though, I still like using Sektor a little more than Cyrax. He's got some good setups you can do with the teleport uppercut and homing missiles. I wish Cyber Subby had the icy counter like in MK9, but the damage buffs it can get from the drone summons makes up for it I suppose.

Pity about the Tremor nerfing, but I guess it was to be expected. As for my KP2 list, I guess it'd be basically the same as yours, but for overall list out of the DLC's, it'd be

Triborg
Alien
Bo Rai Cho
Predator
Tremor
Jason
Tanya
Leatherface

... Or something. Could always change in the future though.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Mar 10th, 2016 at 04:43 AM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 04:39 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Still havent got around Sektor think Im gonna go for him next.

Didnt spend too much time with Leatherface.

Yeah Tremor nerfing is meh that ground special made him so powerful.

Predator's combos also got nerfed by about 5% hunter combo no longer does 46% and 52%.Same for Hish and Warrior.

Alien ground acid special does a restand so it probably can be infinited like Tremor's lava d,b,square.

Gonna try to come up with something.

Found a better combo starter for him. F,square,x,circle ex tail flip special after it's the same like before u triangle for bounce circle ground acid.....etc..

Doing multiple ground acid does more damage off course.

I bet he will be nerfed sooner or later.

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 09:04 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Aside from the flamethrower one that was pointed out earlier, there's also a hidden Sektor brutality by using a homing missile (ex lock-on missile) as the last move which I found out accidentally. Other than that, pretty much any of his ex missile stuff can allow for good combo setups, and you can connect an uppercut or something just after doing his teleport uppercut special.

At any rate, finished with the 100 win Triborg card backgrounds. Sektor's just shows him using his flamethrower. Nothing too special, but looks pretty cool. Actually like all of them, even the CSZ one that just shows him using the ice beam.

Ah, didn't notice there were Predator nerfs too when using him again. At least his are only marginal in comparison.

And yeah, they prolly will do that to Alien eventually. Will try that mentioned combo with it next time I'm on again later.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Mar 10th, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 09:58 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Alien infinite corner is pretty easy.

F,square,x,circle ground acid then.repeat work well against AI.

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 11:19 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Just noticed we have Alien premiere tower.

Background has Queen on it from the ending.

Icon is a hatching egg ,border is almost the same.

Pretty cool!

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Mar 10th, 2016 at 12:26 PM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 12:24 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Even when I didn't play the game consistently after awhile, I still went on to at least do the premier towers to collect everyone's ending card backgrounds. Yeah, liked Alien's, and look forward to the next ones as well.

edit: Oh yeah, did Sektor ever catch on for ya?

p.s. Amazing inspirational video showing how a blind person can play MKX...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vivZNuUih7I

Old Post Mar 14th, 2016 09:08 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Still havent got around Sektor having too much fun with Cyrax.

One thing I noticed after the 1st bomb bounce back you can use the buzzsaw special to gain hang up time for the close air bomb.

Cant wait to see KP2 in tournaments.

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 05:41 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Got all KP 2 trophies yesterday.

Got lucky with Bo Rai Cho one got it on first try by whoopin a Kano noob.

My Tremor is a bit rusty still doing good in tower battles going for the 200 matches trophy now.

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2016 10:59 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Triborg premier tower is up, finally (the holiday-based ones from the previous weeks were meh). Like the ending kard background.

Since you brought it up, totally forgot about the Bo Rai Cho trophy for ranked match... Will still need to do it sometime.

I wonder what balance changes the last recent patch/update did.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 10:11 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Cyrax got nerfed terribly the 38% combo i mentioned only does 31% most of the stuff I mentioned do like 4-5% less damage.

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 06:23 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Didn't think I'd be bumping this again, but MKXL has been confirmed for PC, so rejoice -Pr-. There's currently a beta available out for it now on steam, iirc.

A toast to the fans, who would not let WB's bullshit stand, and remained loud on the issue long enough for this to happen. thumb up

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 10:00 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Pr gonna be xenoin himself to death...

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 08:29 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'll be waiting until I see the price, and the port report.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 09:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Better off buying the disc version of it, The way Steam sets their prices.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 09:20 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I can't speak for Australia, but Steam is regularly cheaper than places like Gamestop here.

I just hate having to DL. It takes days on my internet.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 04:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Didn't think I'd be bumping this again, but MKXL has been confirmed for PC, so rejoice -Pr-. There's currently a beta available out for it now on steam, iirc.

A toast to the fans, who would not let WB's bullshit stand, and remained loud on the issue long enough for this to happen. thumb up

They're just trying to get in PC gamers good graces in preparation for Injustice 2

Howdy!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 09:06 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Even with MKXL happening for PC (better late than never), I would still expect a good deal of ****ups if Injustice 2 were attempted on that platform, unless perhaps Boon and his team themselves are involved in it instead of some shit studio WB hired.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 12:08 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
I can't speak for Australia, but Steam is regularly cheaper than places like Gamestop here.

EB which is Gamestop for other places

I think it was the last sale on there, The Summer sale....better off going to EB to buy the games

One good thing about GOG, Can set the price system to your country.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 01:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote