KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Zannah vs Revan (Force abilities only)

Darth Zannah vs Revan (Force abilities only)
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

[Sorry, didn't mean to make this post.]

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 03:38 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

It doesn't matter, the Rancors don't have Force Defenses. Be they stronger than normal or not, it makes no difference whatsoever in the face of a lightning storm.

Also, the closeness of the Rancors to the Temple is irrelevant. In fact, I would go so far as to call it a game mechanic. It not being a Nexus before Bane's time is silly, considering that Revan's time was closer to the time of it's inhabitance by the Rakatans.

Even if the temple wasn't a Nexus, it has nothing to do with the argument since Revan wasn't at the temple when he did this feat. The planet of Lehon itself is a Dark Side Nexus, dude.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 03:43 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

They don't need a Force Defense. They wouldn't have one anyway if Revan wasn't on the planet. The Force can influence their overall strength.

It's not a game mechanic. The rancors appear in the backgrounds of several cutscenes actually. And if I recall correctly, there is a cutscene when you first enter the area, and you see the rancors moving toward you.

No. The temple, based off the tribes, is the most powerful part of the planet. Travel to the world and speak to the Rakata if you don't believe me. If that is only a faint nexus, the rest of the world must be thumb down.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 03:52 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Except it *is* fan fiction. There is no proof suggesting everything Freedon Nadd taught Ommin and Aleema are in his holocorn, or visa versa. I don't recall proof either that Darth Zannnah mastered every sorcery aspect of Nadd's holocron. Darth Bane wanted her to indulge herself in its mysteries, but that doesn't mean anything. Darth Bane had in possession all of Darth Revan's rituals, though that doesn't mean he mastered them all. In fact, he even states some of that he dare not try.

Also, two can play that game. Revan studied the exact artifacts Darth Traya did when she became Sith. Logically speaking, he should also know the art of how to expand his Force Drain ability to "radical new heights." Despite this, I don't use this as a point in my debate because it is speculation, which is exactly what you are doing.

(please log in to view the image)[/b]

Why the hell would he not put those techniques in his holocron? That would be pretty counter-intuitive to the very idea of making one. We already know from RoT that Nadd's holocron was filled with sorcery because Bane gives Zannah all the info on sorcery that was in it. Bane might not have dared to use those rituals but he still knew how to perform them. He didn't need to have performed the Force Storm ritual before to have mastered it by the time he used it on Ruusan.

Do your damn homework, Ant. That variation on Force Drain "cannot be taught. It can only be learned via instinct." Revan can only use regular Force Drain, not Traya's variant.

I admit I was doing some stuff with friends recently, though I don't recall it being the same day that I responded. confused

However, looking back in a better state, we are both wrong, but I still win:

"That didn't mean he was unprepared, however. Dark side sorcery was complex; it attacked the psyche in ways that were difficult to explain and even more difficullt to defend against. Bane has no talent for it, yet he had done his best to study the techniques. What he learned was that the only real counter was the victim's strength of will."
―Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil

Bane's willpower let him resist her attack, since it was targeting him in that area, but he still needed the burst of light to completely destroy the specters. He's being inaccurate when he says sorcery in general can be resisted via willpower though. I chalk that up to Drew's idiocy.

Though it does prove she does it instinctively.

I don't believe I ever truly denied that.

The statement of "just before" is referring to a moment in the past. And according to you, it happened a "while" ago. In comparison to the time based since then, "just before" can easily refer to anything that occurred in the past several hours.

Example number one:
http://www.telegram.com/article/201.../140709969/1116
They use "just before" to explain the time difference between "Thursday night" and when "the approaching Hurricane Arthur" hits, which is today.

Example number two:
"The people fled the country just before the fighting began."

Also, here is the definition. It means "near", not "the next damn second.":
http://thesaurus.com/browse/just+before

Have another cookie. Yes, it means "very shortly before" or "immediately proceeding". That, combined with the fact that Rain knew the forest had exploded in flames indicates she was awake, while absolutely nothing indicates she was asleep.

[i]Originally posted by DarthAnt66
(please log in to view the image)
I can understand why you are hilariously confused.

The storm itself happens in the middle of night. Generally that is believed to be around 3AM. That being said, their are conflicting manners of when the storm ends.

"Even though it was the middle of the night, he was only mildly surprised to see that most of the rest of the camp was up and about. They had felt it, too. Something coming for them. Coming fast."
―Darth Bane: Path of Destruction

The novel suggests the storm itself only occurs for several minutes at best. The comics suggest it plowed through all of night into *extreme* early morning (6AMish).
Regardless of which one, it doesn't change anything. Rain would, in either scenario, be huddling awake in her Force bubble for *hours*, doing nothing at all.[/B]
Why the hell would she be speechless and not ask Laa for *hours*, it makes no ****ing sense. Or that Laa would telepathically say something to her if she was awake?[/b]

In in that case I'd say this is an impossible point to determine due to the inconsistencies inherent in the sources. The comic, which is the source you're using to determine when Rain was asked about it, seems to have depicted her doing so immediately after the Storm finished. Which is then contradicted by the novel saying the storm stopped in the night. I find it likely the comic just goes from the Storm ending to the scene with Rain, thus making that internally consistent but still contradicted by the book.

It makes more sense than her blocking the storm in her sleep. THAT's ****ing retarded. SO retarded I'm considering not even dignifying it. It doesn't matter why she didn't ask until morning.

Bouncers communicate using telepathy. So Laa speaking in that manner makes sense.

"Subconsciously?" Try "[b]instinctively." Rain had no control over putting up that Force bubble, hence why she was totally in awe about it. The fact she was asleep while she performed the feat actually makes the feat *less* impressive.

She wasn't asleep though.

"They had felt it, too." Other people of Ruusan felt the rippling in the Force. Her unconscious body could easily be preparing for protection since the disturbance was felt. This is only natural. Studies show it is only human instinct to avoid attacks. This is only self-preservation. The "International Police Defensive Tactics Association" also confirms this: "If standing in some kind of high risk stance with your arms up and talking with people you would react by fencing with your arms, trying to take the attack away and slow it down. Slightly turning to the side from the attacker and stepping backwards"
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2315497/I...-Body-Reactions
For someone who has a command of the Force, their defense abilities are even greater, of course. However, the most accurate representation of a character's power is if it act of their own choice, it is on an area of natural Force levels, and the character is...conscious. confused How can Rain doing something instinctively and unconscious with an *unknown* amount of charging up and difficult be the focal point of your debate?

This is so ****ing stupid. I'm sorry Ant but I'm not wasting my time on this. You can't instinctively charge up the force in your sleep, that's so ridiculous I can't believe you're even suggesting it sincerely.

Um...she would only need the bubble up for a couple seconds.
Once the storm passed her, she had no need to continue to keep up the bubble.
Since she defended herself against the fire and the lightning, the small area around her is fine, she has no need to continue to shield herself. The fire turned everything to ash, there were no prolonged fires around Zannah like you are suggesting.
"...swallowed up in red and orange and reduced in seconds to ash..."

Or do you know it was only over her for a couple of seconds? That was just Bane being stupid and high on the power, of course it's not going to cover and consume the whole planet in seconds.

Look, I don't care why she only asked about it in the morning. Maybe she fainted after doing it. Maybe she had a wank for a few hours. It is completely irrelevant. The only thing that matters is that she performed the feat and was obviously conscious when she did it.

Her [b]unconscious, [b]instinctual self was able to create a Force bubble that can withstand lightning/fire that can turn objects to ash that are far greater then the likes of Darth Bane's lightning.
Meanwhile, her conscious, self-acting self cannot create a Force bubble that can withstand lightning weaker then her [b]unconscious, [b]instinctual self?
This proves her Force bubble, while conscious and self-acting, is ultimately featless and rather pathetic.
Your entire argument is debunked. The proof she can withstand Revan's lightning is...[b]non-existent.

As I said, you already admitted that if she can instinctively perform an attack as a child, she can likely do it as a Sith Lord AND that it's power would approach, equal or exceed that of her younger selves. That you take it back here only proves that I've already won and you realised that.

Bane's lightning is greater than the Force Storms, in terms of it's direct, focused destructive power. Bane was able to disintegrate beings with it even as of PoD, his level of power with it in DoE would be far greater than it and the Force Storm.

My argument is not debunked. You've already conceded to me.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2014 07:22 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Poor example. An example would be that you wind up a big punch, but then something attacks you from the "left", because that is what happened. The energy you were using really be transferred fully to block the attack. It just...doesn't work.

Except the Force is omni-directional. He also doesn't need to transfer the energy anywhere, all uses of the Force come from the same place.

We are discussing here her destroying the arm of that young boy. Sidious couldn't use telepathy on Yoda because Yoda is just too powerful. The same would hold for Revan/Bane against Zannah if she tries to use such methods.

No, we're talking about the Force Bubble more. You suggested her not using one against Bane proves she can't use it to block lightning at all, despite force defenses have a proven ability to do that.

So you basically just agreed to my point with that "Yoda was just too powerful" thing. Bane was just too powerful to use a Force Bubble against.

Alright. Example number two:
Lord Nyax's death *instantly* caused a Force nexus on the Jedi Temple. erm
[/B]

The Jedi Temple was already a nexus.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2014 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

K ill reply.
quote:
You've already conceded to me.

Lol when?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2014 07:23 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

When you admitted that Zannah can use a Force Bubble and that it's power would approach or match the levels it did when she was a child.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2014 07:25 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I admitted she could use it before I checked further evidence, and now it looks sincerely doubtful.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2014 07:27 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, because you realised you'd already lost. laughing

Old Post Jul 6th, 2014 07:32 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Even if you are right, Revan still wins. erm
Except you aren't right. So Revan still wins. smile
Now let me respond and stop bothering me. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 6th, 2014 07:34 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

How does he win? He wouldn't get through her defenses with TK or lightning. Soooooooo??

Old Post Jul 6th, 2014 07:36 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
Now let me respond and stop bothering me. stick out tongue

thumb up Though I will respond to your above point with the rest, if that makes you feel any better.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2014 07:39 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I quoted some of your responses together since majority were you saying my sleeping theory suxs.
quote:
Why the hell would he not put those techniques in his holocron? That would be pretty counter-intuitive to the very idea of making one. We already know from RoT that Nadd's holocron was filled with sorcery because Bane gives Zannah all the info on sorcery that was in it.

Once again, all of this is speculation. We don't know the contents in the holocron, and not *all* information of a user is transferred into that holocron. That's simply not how holocrons work. And some attacks just don't make sense with Darth Zannah having, like Sutta Chwituskak. Ultimately, unknown attacks are not going to affect someone on Revan's level. Also, there is a large difference from just knowing how to do something via textbook instruction and experiencing and completing it first-hand. Do not forget that Darth Revan had great knowledge on sorcery as well, and that his knowledge surpassed the entire academy.

"And there was far more than just the ancient practices of dark side sorcerers stored inside the Holocron."

quote:
Do your damn homework, Ant. That variation on Force Drain "cannot be taught. It can only be learned via instinct." Revan can only use regular Force Drain, not Traya's variant.

You are getting this mixed up. Don't insult me when you are the one who is wrong:
Traya's method is teachable. Meanwhile, Traya states Nihilus' is not, as you just kindly provided the quote. There is already an established difference between them.

"Darth Traya indeed teaches the newly christened Darth Nihilus to harness his life-draining gift to radical heights"
―Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

I believe you were under the assumption that Darth Traya taught Darth Nihilus the art of Force Drain in general. That's wrong. She merely taught him how to expand his *wound* powers. Darth Nihilus is a confirmed wound in the Force. His Force Drain, like The Jedi Exile's, is different. It is out of instinct. They feed off others to satisfy their hunger (even if they don't know it). Traya doesn't do this. Also, have you already forgotten that those Sith Assassins who "feed on the Force" were "established by Darth Revan"? So yeah, Revan is highly advanced in Force Drain.

quote:
Bane's willpower let him resist her attack, since it was targeting him in that area, but he still needed the burst of light to completely destroy the specters. He's being inaccurate when he says sorcery in general can be resisted via willpower though. I chalk that up to Drew's idiocy.

Inaccurate? Seriously? That's your excuse? The two times Darth Bane had to use the "burst of light" was to defend against sorcery on immense nexus'. The one was on Dxun, "a world infused with the power of the dark side." The other was Ambria, where they were both drawing on the "the power trapped there for thousands of years." You don't need to unleash a burst of light to defend yourself against sorcery, don't be ****ing stupid, bae. In Legacy, Cade Skywalker didn't need to unleash a blast of light to defend himself against that One Sith's sorcery. He overcame it through the power of his will. roll eyes (sarcastic)
PS: Any insults here are jokes, like the ones you directed at me.

quote:
The comic, which is the source you're using to determine when Rain was asked about it, seems to have depicted her doing so immediately after the Storm finished.

Holy shit, have you been reading what I was saying? You are completely wrong.
The storm happens in the beginning of the comic. You don't see Rain until the very end.
As I proven earlier, they left around 8:30am. We have still yet to see Rain yet by this point.

quote:
Have another cookie. Yes, it means "very shortly before" or "immediately proceeding". That, combined with the fact that Rain knew the forest had exploded in flames indicates she was awake, while absolutely nothing indicates she was asleep.

It makes more sense than her blocking the storm in her sleep. THAT's ****ing retarded. SO retarded I'm considering not even dignifying it. It doesn't matter why she didn't ask until morning.

She wasn't asleep though.

This is so ****ing stupid. I'm sorry Ant but I'm not wasting my time on this. You can't instinctively charge up the force in your sleep, that's so ridiculous I can't believe you're even suggesting it sincerely.

The only thing that matters is that she performed the feat and was obviously conscious when she did it.

Neph, I accept your (please log in to view the image). You failed to even write an educated defense. All you said was that my theory was shit, so it's not true. Seriously? I have proof and evidence for my theory. You are suggesting she sat there not doing anything for *hours*, and that the Force has an "on-and-off" switch which Force-sensitives use when they go to bed and then wake up. erm

Even if she was conscious, which was wasn't, that doesn't affect my point. Her Force Barrier feat is not an accurate demonstration of her power if she cannot do the same against Bane's lightning, which is weaker then the Storm's lightning. Case closed.

quote:
Bane's lightning is greater than the Force Storms, in terms of it's direct, focused destructive power. Bane was able to disintegrate beings with it even as of PoD, his level of power with it in DoE would be far greater than it and the Force Storm.

No, we're talking about the Force Bubble more. You suggested her not using one against Bane proves she can't use it to block lightning at all, despite force defenses have a proven ability to do that.

So you basically just agreed to my point with that "Yoda was just too powerful" thing. Bane was just too powerful to use a Force Bubble against.

You serious? They combined the power of all the members participating in the ritual into Darth Bane's body. Bane confirms this. It well beyond Bane, or seemingly anyone (besides Hero of Umbara).

"He felt his strength surge as he channeled and focused the dark side from the others."

quote:
Except the Force is omni-directional. He also doesn't need to transfer the energy anywhere, all uses of the Force come from the same place.

I disagree. The Force is harnessed in the midi-chlorians which are in various places throughout the body. They don't come from one particular place like you are suggesting. Take note that Corran Horan has Force Resistance, but cannot use Telekinesis. Not all aspects of the Force are the same. Look at Force Lightning compared to a Mind Trick for example. Totally different things, but both use the Force. wink

quote:
The Jedi Temple was already a nexus.

Example 3 roll eyes (sarcastic) : The space above Endor became a nexus immediately after Palpatine's death.

- - - - - -

We are completely getting off topic in some cases. Here is the argument:
Can Darth Zannah's sorcery prove more effective then Revan's lightning?

We already established the telekinesis and the Force bubble, I believe.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2014 11:06 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
In Legacy, Cade Skywalker didn't need to unleash a blast of light to defend himself against that One Sith's sorcery. He overcame it through the power of his will. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thanks to Q99 for the scans! smile

Old Post Jul 7th, 2014 05:41 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

"Will"? He used the same technique back at her. He got in her head right back.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2014 06:00 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No. Read the dialogue. He resists the illusions and calls her "weak", then he attacks her with illusions of his own. This is confirmed when he says "I know my fear. Let me show you yours."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2014 06:04 PM
juyomaster34

imo,Revan...Kreia said it best about Revan's power.And Darth Ant66 wrote a very powerful respect thread about Revan and his abilities. Darth Zannah is a talented user of Force Sorcery.

Winning against Revan is gonna take more than sorcery.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2014 08:07 PM
Click here to Send juyomaster34 a Private Message Find more posts by juyomaster34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Once again, all of this is speculation. We don't know the contents in the holocron, and not *all* information of a user is transferred into that holocron. That's simply not how holocrons work. And some attacks just don't make sense with Darth Zannah having, like Sutta Chwituskak. Ultimately, unknown attacks are not going to affect someone on Revan's level. Also, there is a large difference from just knowing how to do something via textbook instruction and experiencing and completing it first-hand. Do not forget that Darth Revan had great knowledge on sorcery as well, and that his knowledge surpassed the entire academy.

"And there was far more than just the ancient practices of dark side sorcerers stored inside the Holocron."

How is that not how holocron's work? What do you have to suggest that Nadd wouldn't have put all his knowledge into it? Holocrons are made to pass on your knowledge to future generations, what part of that suggests only partial information? And my point was that Zannah has access to a huge range of sorcerous abilities to call upon. Eventually she'd put Revan down with one of them, like she did Bane.

And Zannah has access to all of Revan's knowledge and much more, so pointing out his knowledge only helps my case.

You are getting this mixed up. Don't insult me when you are the one who is wrong:
Traya's method is teachable. Meanwhile, Traya states Nihilus' is not, as you just kindly provided the quote. There is already an established difference between them.

"Darth Traya indeed teaches the newly christened Darth Nihilus to harness his life-draining gift to radical heights"
―Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

I believe you were under the assumption that Darth Traya taught Darth Nihilus the art of Force Drain in general. That's wrong. She merely taught him how to expand his *wound* powers. Darth Nihilus is a confirmed wound in the Force. His Force Drain, like The Jedi Exile's, is different. It is out of instinct. They feed off others to satisfy their hunger (even if they don't know it). Traya doesn't do this. Also, have you already forgotten that those Sith Assassins who "feed on the Force" were "established by Darth Revan"? So yeah, Revan is highly advanced in Force Drain.

*I* got it wrong? You are the one who is so very, very wrong here. Traya uses the exact same technique that Nihilus uses. It is not teachable nor did she learn it from standard means. Traya taught Nihilus how to increase his prowess with his ability, not how to perform it in the first place. I was not under that impression, which is stupid. She taught him much more than general Force Drain. But she didn't teach him

Revan establishing the Assassins means all of fvck and all. Revan does not have their technique as seen in Kotor II or Traya's drain, which is the same as theirs. Do you think Revan could do this:

Because he cannot. The above is proof that Kreia uses the same technique as Nihilus, which she herself states "leaves nothing in it's wake." And yes, the Sith Assassins use the same technique as Nihilus as well:

"The sect of assassins that chase you feed on the Force... what he does is simply the pinnacle of what they could achieve, in time."

The Sith Assassin's learned this on Malachor, following Nihilus and the Exile's example to learn it in a similar manner:

“What if other Jedi went to war as you did, suffered the same events, and emerged as you did. What if there was a crucible that trained such Jedi to consume and kill?”

“For you, Malachor was that crucible.”

“What's worse, is these Sith that we face... I fear that they have learned the lesson of Malachor all too well. It is what allows them to prey on Force users, to become stronger when Force Sensitives are near.”

“Somehow, they have learned their hunger from you. And so you have brought about the end of the Jedi, and perhaps all the knowledge of the Force.”

Revan doesn't have Nihilus' technique, nor does he have Kreia's technique, nor does he have the Sith Assassin's technique. Because they all use the same technique and Revan doesn't have it. Revan has regular, common Force Drain. Nothing more.

Inaccurate? Seriously? That's your excuse? The two times Darth Bane had to use the "burst of light" was to defend against sorcery on immense nexus'. The one was on Dxun, "a world infused with the power of the dark side." The other was Ambria, where they were both drawing on the "the power trapped there for thousands of years." You don't need to unleash a burst of light to defend yourself against sorcery, don't be ****ing stupid, bae. In Legacy, Cade Skywalker didn't need to unleash a blast of light to defend himself against that One Sith's sorcery. He overcame it through the power of his will. roll eyes (sarcastic)
PS: Any insults here are jokes, like the ones you directed at me.

Yes, Bane got it wrong. Try to resist Sorcery-based Force Blasts, powerful rituals stealing your essense and Sutta Chwituskak with willpower and see what happens. Thanaton didn't one-shot Nox by overwhelming her willpower. Sorcery has more techniques than mind-based attacks that can be reasonably resisted with will, it's only Drew's utter idiocy that seems to suggest otherwise.

WTF does a nexus have to do with shit? All that does is increase power, it doesn't change the way you can resist techniques. Don't be thick, love. In general you need to, you know, actually use the Force to resist the Force. Bane's light burst shreds Zannah's conjured specters so obviously it had an effect on the technique. It's impossible for you to prove Cade resisted it through will instead of the Force. That's not made explicit.

Also Bane wasn't drawing on Ambria. The power was trapped until Zannah drew on it, as your own quote proves.

Holy shit, have you been reading what I was saying? You are completely wrong.
The storm happens in the beginning of the comic. You don't see Rain until the very end.
As I proven earlier, they left around 8:30am. We have still yet to see Rain yet by this point.

I did read. You said the Storm finished in the morning and that was when Rain was next shown. So it would be soon afterwards.

Neph, I accept your (please log in to view the image). You failed to even write an educated defense. All you said was that my theory was shit, so it's not true. Seriously? I have proof and evidence for my theory. You are suggesting she sat there not doing anything for *hours*, and that the Force has an "on-and-off" switch which Force-sensitives use when they go to bed and then wake up. erm

Even if she was conscious, which was wasn't, that doesn't affect my point. Her Force Barrier feat is not an accurate demonstration of her power if she cannot do the same against Bane's lightning, which is weaker then the Storm's lightning. Case closed.

I failed to write an educated defense because your argument is so mind-numbingly stupid that I didn't need one. Zannah instinctively blocked the storm. You cannot instinctively prep with the Force. That's the opposite of an instinctive reaction. That requires conscious thought. You have absolutely no proof at all beyond wild speculation. Prove that its possible. Prove that you can use the Force in your sleep. Prove that you can prep in your sleep and I might consider it a legitimate argument. Otherwise, and I mean this with affection, its just utter drivel. By far the worst argument you've made.

How is it not as accurate demonstration of her power? She was a child. As an infinitely more powerful Sith Lord, she'd obviously be better, even just as good, at channeling her power as she was then. You've already admitted to this.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jul 12th, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 11:04 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You serious? They combined the power of all the members participating in the ritual into Darth Bane's body. Bane confirms this. It well beyond Bane, or seemingly anyone (besides Hero of Umbara).

"He felt his strength surge as he channeled and focused the dark side from the others."

Hence why I said "direct, focused destructive power". All the members contributed, but that power was spread out over the whole storm. Bane's Lightning is concentrated into a focused blast of power. Hence why Zannah cannot block it. In a direct competition her defenses cannot block his lightning. But they don't need to to block Revan's.

Force Defenses can block lightning. Zannah has Force defenses. Zannah's Force defenses are enough to block Revan's lightning. Case closed.

I disagree. The Force is harnessed in the midi-chlorians which are in various places throughout the body. They don't come from one particular place like you are suggesting. Take note that Corran Horan has Force Resistance, but cannot use Telekinesis. Not all aspects of the Force are the same. Look at Force Lightning compared to a Mind Trick for example. Totally different things, but both use the Force. wink

The Force is omnipresent and can be used in any location instantly so long as you have visibility or you can sense the location. Even across the galaxy. Bane channels all his uses of the Force through himself, so he doesn't need to store power in a certain place to perform powers and in different places for other powers. He doesn't have a Force Lightning gland in his wrist and a Telepathy sac in his brain. It all comes from the same place. Changing tactics would be instantaneous, if you would even need to change anything at all to use a different ability than what you were considering using.

The things you mention are just different applications of the Force. They are only different in how they affect reality and how the Force is shaped. But the power to perform all those techniques comes from the exact same source, in every aspect. They are different once you use the techniques, before then they are the same: Force energy.

Horn just has no talent for TK.

Example 3 roll eyes (sarcastic) : The space above Endor became a nexus immediately after Palpatine's death.

Proof that it was immediate?

Also that was in space. There's no environment into corrupt.

We are completely getting off topic in some cases. Here is the argument:
Can Darth Zannah's sorcery prove more effective then Revan's lightning?

We already established the telekinesis and the Force bubble, I believe.

Theres more to it than that.

No, we haven't. Just because YOU think we've established something doesn't make that true. We have not resolved the issue of who is superior in TK and we have no established whether she can use a Force Bubble.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 11:05 PM
Board Walker

Ant, who is the white haired black armored individual who is slashing cade in the posted picture?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 11:25 PM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote