KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Herochat Forums Not Accessible?

Herochat Forums Not Accessible?
Started by: steph_86

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
Try supporting Superman in a Superman vs Gladiator debate and see how quickly you are banned.
Originally posted by cdtm
Whatever their reasons, it's not over flame wars or any major meltdowns.. More often, it's over trivial petty stuff.

Back when I was there, they had a few guys who reported people over every little thing.. Anything from minor infractions of the rules to forgetting details of a comic (And framing it as the accused being liars).

On a board of CBR exiles I visit, people got banned for something as simple as arguing against a mod.. Really, anything could set them off. Making a weak argument or an unpopular argument could do it.

They did ban a LOT of people, and believe me when I say nobody was flaming anybody, and most of the banned were far from stupid or disruptive..
Cripes, I couldn't imagine perm banning people outright like CBR. I think the biggest problems here is off topic nonsense, fanboy induced rage/trolling and perpetual vendettas.
Originally posted by -Pr-
Ugh; I hate favouritism.

At least Bada and I have the good grace to hate you all equally.
laughing out loud
Originally posted by Beorndebeer
We don't hate DC or Superman over at Herochat. It's just the retarded posts by Jellyrobes and Safado we hate. Basically they think superman can take on anyone and has powers nobody ever has mentioned or seen before. Biggest superman fanboys i've ever seen. Fangirl is worse though
Fangirl...my deepest condolences. stick out tongue
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
The House of El hates you and the scalebag, Bada, as well.
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
You are a heretic who has strayed far away from the path!

I have consolidated power by making Prof. T.C. MCabe and Rao Kal El my generals.

I have put the Thor Corps and Gammites in their place. I ran off the false King of the Thorites, Jake.

Remember, I had Abhi voted out by the people of KMC.

Be very, VERY, careful with your response!
So angry...

Attachment: 2007-01-03-210332-i-dont-like-small-dogs-but-this-one-is-kinda-rad.jpg
This has been downloaded 156 time(s).

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 05:43 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by -Pr-
Time to assume direct control, methinks.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 08:05 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlueFnord

Originally posted by Epicurus
Nope, just for arguing with a poster called Pendaran(he seems to have mod protection on that site).

Confirmed . It got ridiculous over there many many years ago.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 08:30 PM
BlueFnord is currently offline Click here to Send BlueFnord a Private Message Find more posts by BlueFnord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Originally posted by BlueFnord
Confirmed . It got ridiculous over there many many years ago.

I was a victim of arguing with that prick.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 01:09 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Its been closed due to 3 superman fans (Jellyrobes,safado,abhilegend) having a meltdown

I guess there are perks to having an absentee admin.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 01:40 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Same here. He's been getting people banned since 2005, at least.

Another good poster back in the day, Mr. X, was practically his biggest fan. He's smart and knowledgeable, so I could see why.. But as soon as Mr. X found himself on opposite sides of a debate with him, he got a single detail wrong and Pendy started calling him liar, straight out. Of course, Mr. X chewed him out right then and there, and left the conversation, but in my book, an unprovoked attack on another poster should at least have gotten a warning..

But he got nothing. It's like the mods were crooked refs in a wrestling match, only seeing when the good guy breaks the rules and not the bad guy.

Not only that, but nearly the entire crew of 2005-2007 ended up banned. Except for him.

Kind of makes you wonder if he's really posting under two different accounts, and secretly a mod himself..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 01:41 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

I actually made a troll account and told him off. The cat is out of the bag with him. People should not be banned for having a different opinion in a debate.

Of course I made that account after I was banned the first time.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 01:55 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by playa1258
I actually made a troll account and told him off. The cat is out of the bag with him. People should not be banned for having a different opinion in a debate.

Of course I made that account after I was banned the first time.
You sock. Starting banning procedures...

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 02:01 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Nope. Only did it that one time over there to tell that prick off.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 02:02 AM
Badabing
Karen

You're a dirty, low down, smelly sock!

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 02:14 AM
oldsmokey

Yeah, Pendaran's the ****ing worst. And a posterboy for why the CBR Vs. board sucks.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 03:13 AM
oldsmokey is currently offline Click here to Send oldsmokey a Private Message Find more posts by oldsmokey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

They are a bit biased towards certain characters over there, take labeling things PIS for example, if it's a character they like it would only take a couple of examples before they say it's consistent with the characters history and thus not PIS.

However if they don't like the character, even a couple dozen examples wouldn't be enough to prove that it's not PIS.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 03:15 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
They are a bit biased towards certain characters over there, take labeling things PIS for example, if it's a character they like it would only take a couple of examples before they say it's consistent with the characters history and thus not PIS.

However if they don't like the character, even a couple dozen examples wouldn't be enough to prove that it's not PIS.

Heh, this is true.

Lobo's a good example.. Pendaran liked him about as much as he liked Superman (Not at all).

Tanked Despero's punches? Doesn't count, because MM got taken out in one hit, so underwriting MM disqualifies the feat.

Argue he shrugged off attacks from an amped Superman? Nope, Lobo spit out a tooth, so the fact he was having an internal monologue while in the middle of being knocked into orbit isn't impressive.

But of course, Eclipsed Superman into unconsciousness is normal. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But try arguing that Gladiator doesn't blitz the hell out of anyone he comes across because of a few 100c light speed feats, or KO's Superman in one punch due to breaking a world, and you're a troll and fanboy who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 03:26 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
oldsmokey

CBR is the birthplace of Batgirl vs. 10,000 Orcs. 'Nuff said.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 03:40 AM
oldsmokey is currently offline Click here to Send oldsmokey a Private Message Find more posts by oldsmokey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Yea...I remember at least one poster arguing that she'd kill at least 1,000 per day.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 03:52 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

I think Gladiator last I checked could solo the JL and Avengers at the same time. CBR is one of the worst forums I have ever had the displeasure of being on.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 04:28 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

The only thing which herochat and CBR have over KMC is that comic book writers have posted on those forums, while KMC hasn't ever seen a writer around these parts.

Apart from that, the KMC community is considerably better than either board imo.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 05:29 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
safado

quote:
I was wondering what happened.

And safado gets called a retard and told to shut up because his posts are retarded. And he has a persecution complex.

Can't have thin skin and post there.

This board seems reasonable.

IMO just starting a conversation by calling someone retarded says a lot. Not anything good incidentally. herochat isn't really about debate. It's a very clliqueish place where a lot of great people and personalities hang out -I'm thinking I'm going to post here and ther when its back up.

It is sadly, someplace where there is a very serious pack mentality issue, a tendency to single people out and hound them to death and there are a lot of people who just get off on negative attention.

In my own case. In certain forums (mostly debate) Anything I post will be followed by someone calling me retarded, and everyone else feeling excluded if the don't do the same.

It got to the point that I could say pretty much anything - and I'd get trolled for pages and followed from forum to frum until I'd tell someone to eff off and then the whole pack would froth at the mouth that I was having a meltdown.

Still, there are a lot of good people there and as I explained to a friend of mine who posts there, , I started posting as a pre teen on Wizard World so it's like a dysfunctional family

I guess I can have my reasonable conversations here and when HC is back up, the madhouse stuff.

Nice to meet everyone. The only thing they have right is that I'm a huge Superman fan but I just preface that with "don't bother asking my answer is Superman wins" and leave it at that :-)

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 05:35 AM
safado is currently offline Click here to Send safado a Private Message Find more posts by safado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

BLT, Sick Nick, and Superman Prime are cool guys. Same to you Safado, so i hope you stay.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 05:45 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

LOL. Yeah okay there.

Safado deserves every bit of ridicule.

Don't fall for it. He's the brucey of herochat.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 05:45 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote