KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Game of Thrones FOR PEOPLE WHO'VE READ THE BOOKS

Game of Thrones FOR PEOPLE WHO'VE READ THE BOOKS
Started by: NemeBro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Ares is an intellectual pussy. Just ignore him.

Fight me IRL.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 11:05 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Nephthys
There's still one king left:

(please log in to view the image)

Let's face it, he's the one everyone's rooting for now.

i think you're gonna be squealing with delight then. i think all of westeros, short of dorne, will be wiped out by the white walkers. notice major characters migrating to esos one by one. i think jon 2.0 will be shipped there. (yes i want that to be a thing if when it happens)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 11:16 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Who is the real villain?
Facts:
1. The Night's King saved an abandoned infant that was left out in the cold to die, and turned said baby into a supernatural ice being although said baby was the product of incest.
2. Stannis burned his daughter alive.

Wake up sheeple.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 11:24 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i subscribe to the theory that the wall is more of a boundary agreed upon in an ancient treaty between the white walkers and men, both sides agreeing not to cross. i think the 'long night' was a time when men broke the treaty and were attacked for it. the white walkers so far have fought nowhere but north of the wall and they knowingly spared a surviving crow on 2 occasions so far as we can see...presumable to bring the tale back to the wall as a warning.

i don't think winter will really begin in books until someone does something to piss them off and openly break this forgotten treaty. i think that will be stannis. stannis will troll the nights king and then the real war starts #crackpotfantheories

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 11:47 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ok, but they did try to murder Mormont in his quarters remember. Reason?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 11:50 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Nephthys
Ok, but they did try to murder Mormont in his quarters remember. Reason?

they were actually in the haunted forest. it was the nights watchmen who brought them to castle black. they seem to just mindless killing machines that they leave in the snow to be triggered like mines.

*edit* as far as one of them seeking out mormont i think it was just the zombie using it's brain's memories to find the best target, but i doubt they were remotely commanded to assassinate mormont by the white walkers. it would have required too much coincidence to pass for good writing, (unless they also sent ghost to find the bodies, which would be interesting i guess)

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Jun 9th, 2015 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 11:52 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by ares834
Fight me IRL.
time and place fagit

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 12:05 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just a reminder- chapters from unreleased books count as spoiler territory, regardless of them having been given advance release (it's reasonable for people to want to remain unspoiled on them). Please don't post them openly.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 07:21 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can someone who read the books give me some back story on how why/how the mountain was turned into a [SPOILER - highlight to read]: zombie/frankenstien.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 05:03 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Can someone who read the books give me some back story on how why/how the mountain was turned into a [SPOILER - highlight to read]: zombie/frankenstien.

Yes, Cersei has favoured the disgraced Maester Qyburn for some time, after he helped Jaime heal. It's been said that he was banned from the order of Maesters due to unnatural experiments (and experiments on humans). At any rate, he asked her to provide The Mountains body to him for experiments, and it seems like his goal was to revive him and create a superior killing machine.

As to the how....some sort of magic hand wavey stuff I suppose.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 05:08 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah it's no different from the show.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 05:12 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

only they cannot see his face, so he's not so obviously undead.

in fact the only clue his kingsgaurd peers have is that ser robert strong never takes restroom breaks.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 05:15 PM
Bardock42

There's also just some silly changes that I don't understand at all. Like, why have Sam ask to be sent to Oldtown instead of Jon deciding it?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 05:17 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

"because **** you, thats why" -d&d

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 05:18 PM
Bardock42

Pretty much.

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
only they cannot see his face, so he's not so obviously undead.

in fact the only clue his kingsgaurd peers have is that ser robert strong never takes restroom breaks.

Well in the show they don't have to worry about any Kingsguard peers being suspicious, cause there aren't any.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 05:19 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes, Cersei has favoured the disgraced Maester Qyburn for some time, after he helped Jaime heal. It's been said that he was banned from the order of Maesters due to unnatural experiments (and experiments on humans). At any rate, he asked her to provide The Mountains body to him for experiments, and it seems like his goal was to revive him and create a superior killing machine.

As to the how....some sort of magic hand wavey stuff I suppose.

So the mountain ended up dying?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 05:23 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
So the mountain ended up dying?

Well, I suppose technically we don't know if hes dead, undead or what, but in essence yeah, drawn out over a long time after Oberyn poisoned him.

In the show it was sort of hinted at as well.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 05:24 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im guessing they left that out in the series about him being poisoned cause I don't remember that.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 05:26 PM
Bardock42

As someone who has read the books it's always hard for me to tell how well the show gives the context. I often notice when talking to people that only watch the show that they don't notice certain things, and I wonder if that's because it isn't well done in the show. I don't remember exactly if they mention that Oberyn poisoned the Mountain in the show but I do think it is somewhat hinted at, and I think there is a scene where Qyburn talks to Cersei about saving the mountain even if it changes him.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 05:33 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

In the scene where Oberyn is about to fight the Mountain you can see a dude applying poison to the spear(or at least I assume that is what he is doing).

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 06:19 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote