KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Game of Thrones FOR PEOPLE WHO'VE READ THE BOOKS

Game of Thrones FOR PEOPLE WHO'VE READ THE BOOKS
Started by: NemeBro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

Show Shae clearly cared about more than Tyrion's wallet though.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 08:45 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Show Shae doesn't appear to be a gold digger, as pointed out: Tyrion offered her a life of ease and wealth in Braavos(?); she turned it down.

Her love for Tyrion seems genuine, which will be the troubling part when he chokes her to death.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 08:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

And the second time I am remembering is just Tyrion talking about it with others, he didn't actually say it to her, directly.

So, yes, two times, like I said...I just thought he told her two times.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 08:47 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon

Nah, it did and I quotted it.

But don't twist my point to mean what you want it to mean just to be right about something. At best, your argument is one of degrees, at the worst, you're completely and utterly wrong.

you are ONCE AGAIN being a spiteful, evasive, and deceptive troll because of your inability confront even your most trivial errors.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 08:49 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
Show Shae doesn't appear to be a gold digger, as pointed out: Tyrion offered her a life of ease and wealth in Braavos(?); she turned it down.

With only a moderate stipend.

You interpret that to be sentimentality, I interpret that to be her being greedy and wanting more than a moderate stipend.

Originally posted by Robtard
Her love for Tyrion seems genuine, which will be the troubling part when he chokes her to death.

I don't think that. She did not seem genuine about her love in the show, to me. She seemed like a gold digger who was just a dumber version of Petyr.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 08:49 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by focus4chumps
you are ONCE AGAIN being a spiteful, evasive, and deceptive troll because of your inability confront even your most trivial errors. ffs getting tired of your shit

Dude...calm down. You're the one that keeps quotting me and forcing points of argument on me (ones that I am not making).

Sure, Tyrion didn't call her a whore to her face in the books, because SHAE SAID IT HERSELF in the books in the "parallel" scene. But he did try to send her away which, for me, was interpreted as a rejection by Tyrion which is why I think Shae betrayed him in the books. In the show, because people are stupid, it was spelled out more clearly with Tyrion going ape-shit on her when he rejected her.

Saw that edit where you scaled back your misplaced rage. I added it back in by hitting the back button in the browser. Nice try.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 08:52 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

............anyway, crackpot theory #2:

arya will be killed by the house of the undying for breaking her vow to let go of her previous identity, posessions, and especially grudges.

just before dying, arya will warg into nymeria.

i really dont want this to happen but i really think it will happen.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 08:53 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Anyways, the Shae character in the show seems to react very differently, and ostensibly is influenced by completely different motives, than the Shae character in the books.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 08:53 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Bardock42
Anyways, the Shae character in the show seems to react very differently, and ostensibly is influenced by completely different motives, than the Shae character in the books.

I disagree. Here's a point that illustrates part of why I disagree:

[in reference to sending Shae away with a Stipend]With only a moderate stipend.

You interpret that to be sentimentality, I interpret that to be her being greedy and wanting more than a moderate stipend.

I don't think that. She did not seem genuine about her love in the show, to me. She seemed like a gold digger who was just a dumber version of Petyr.

Basically, I think they are both gold diggers and we will see that in this next episode where Shae shows her true colors to Tyrion before he chokes her. Keep in mind, she has to say something that gets Tyrion to choke her to death on Sunday. smile

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 08:55 PM
Bardock42

That's not so much a point why you disagree, but a repetition of your feelings of disagreement, but fair enough, I mean I find the arguments brought by the others in the thread here immensely compelling, and yours strenuous at best, but we don't have to agree on everything, we can still get married.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 08:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Saw that edit where you scaled back your misplaced rage. I added it back in by hitting the back button in the browser. Nice try.

"lol i trol u"

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 08:58 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

With only a moderate stipend.

It would have been more than she currently had, which was working for a living and getting the odd gift from Tyrion after she sucked on his cock, no? It also would have meant she was safe from his father's wrath of: "next whore I'll hang". (why imo, she might have been a spy from the start in the show)

If show Shae just wanted more money, she probably could have asked and Tyrion would have provided, since he's in love with her.

Disagree, obviously, show Shae seems like actual affection/love up to the point of her dismissal. Guess we'll have to see how it plays out.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 5th, 2014 at 09:04 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 08:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

so basically it will be 15 pages of ddm denying that he made the patently false statement that he made, and we can't discuss anything else. fine i guess i'll just evacuate this nonesense.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:00 PM
NemeBro

Or you could just agree to disagree and move on. You could do that too.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:02 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
Or you could just agree to disagree and move on. You could do that too.

doesnt matter what i decide. it's been decided. don't believe me? watch.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:04 PM
NemeBro

Why do you believe dadudemon has power over you?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:05 PM
Bardock42

Probably cause he does...

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:06 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

did you misunderstand me or is it "trolololo"?

k well have fun

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:06 PM
NemeBro

I understand that dadudemon can only troll you (If indeed he is) if you let him.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:08 PM
Bardock42

I understand that dadudemon can only troll you (If indeed he is) if you let him.

The troll is all in your mind!!!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:08 PM