KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Game of Thrones FOR PEOPLE WHO'VE READ THE BOOKS

Game of Thrones FOR PEOPLE WHO'VE READ THE BOOKS
Started by: NemeBro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, I suppose technically we don't know if hes dead, undead or what, but in essence yeah, drawn out over a long time after Oberyn poisoned him.

In the show it was sort of hinted at as well.

His head was cut off and shipped to Dorne, right? Strongly suggest that Gregor died before Qyburn turned him into a super-zombie with alchemy.

edit: Nevermind, thought you were taking about the book to TI.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 06:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

his head was presumed to have been cut off. never confirmation.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 06:31 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

http://www.theweek.co.uk/game-of-th...be-out-by-april

Winds of Winter will be out in the next year, "unless a meteorite falls".

The wait is almost over gentlemen. Also, we've got all the names for the season 6 episodes (if these are legit; they're from the Ice and Fire facebook page).

(please log in to view the image)

I'm pretty sure we all know what the majority of those mean, but the big one warrants a mention. The Long Night was the worst winter in history, so we know Winter finally begins.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Sep 18th, 2015 at 06:06 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 06:02 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I hope [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jon Snow doesn't have to stab Ghost with Longclaw to be Azor Ahai w/ Lightbringer. Would make me too sad. Maybe [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he can just kill somebody else with GHOST and make him glowy anti-Other wolf?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 01:34 AM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I want Benjen to return to be the new perspective for the wall tbh. They've spent too much time mentioning him and keeping him fresh in the audience's mind, and with Jon dead, now is a good time for him to return and deal out some justice as the new Lord Commander. Plus, he's the last surviving Stark from Neds generation, and we've learned nothing about him or his past. Explore him a bit. There's also the fact that he is a potential gold mine on whats been happening north of the wall with the White Walkers and potentially the Children.

It seems like the kind of thing this series would do too. Have the Starks just inches away from reuniting only for something to get in the way. Keep Jon dead for a season at least, or bring him back episode 10 or something.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Sep 20th, 2015 at 06:17 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 06:14 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

a new chapter of winds of winter has been posted. though at the moment the whole damn site is down.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excer...inds-of-winter/

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 11th, 2016 05:28 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

It seems that the show has embraced the divergence from the book much more. I think that's a good move.

The King's Landing storyline is completely different to anything that could feasible happen in the books (if alone due to Kevan, Loras and Jaime being there).

As a small theory, if Jon and Sansa leave the Wall, perhaps Ser Davos stays and keeps that storyline alive. (Lord Commander Seaworth has a nice ring to it)

Old Post May 16th, 2016 02:15 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

doesnt davos have a wife?

Old Post May 16th, 2016 02:18 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
doesnt davos have a wife?

He does as far as I know (though no more sons in the show). Though that doesn't necessary preclude one from taking the black. I suppose his character would perhaps be more inclined to return home to her after Stannis' death. But I don't think the showrunners will get rid of him. So imo he'll either do stuff at the wall or with Jon Snow.

Old Post May 16th, 2016 02:21 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

He's gonna work with Jon cause he really likes Jon for some reason.

Old Post May 16th, 2016 06:27 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This episode confirms that Benjen Stark is Coldhands.

Also, looks like we're getting Jamies Riverrun arc. I wonder if they'll throw in LS. A lot of returning characters this season.

PWNT

Old Post May 30th, 2016 06:34 AM
Arachnid1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05...famous-ancestor

GRRM confirmed that Brienne of Tarth is a descendant of Ser Duncan the Tall. Thats phucking badass. One of the best female characters in the series. I feel like I should have seen some connection line this, in hindsight.

PWNT

Old Post May 31st, 2016 08:42 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Arachnid1
This episode confirms that Benjen Stark is Coldhands.

Also, looks like we're getting Jamies Riverrun arc. I wonder if they'll throw in LS. A lot of returning characters this season.
hopefully we get the deaths of a few

*cough* Samwell *cough*.

Old Post May 31st, 2016 08:56 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Pretty cool picture.

Originally posted by marwash22
hopefully we get the deaths of a few

*cough* Samwell *cough*.
Lol didn't even see this. I thought I was the only one who hated that tub of lard.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 11:18 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 01:22 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Pretty cool picture.

Lol didn't even see this. I thought I was the only one who hated that tub of lard.

Man Aerys II is uh...He's more handsome than his kids. Interesting choice there.

Originally posted by Inhuman

A very meta scene indeed.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 03:24 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/com...the_not_a_blog/

"TL;DR: The theological analysis of the scripture referenced in George's recent enigmatic blog post in essence means that "the end has come" and I believe this means TWOW isn't far away."

PWNT

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 11:32 PM
Arachnid1

http://grrm.livejournal.com/544709.html

Jesus, it's like GRRM replied specifically to my post lol. He wasted no time shutting me down. Nevermind guys. False alarm.

"Whether WINDS or the first volume of FIRE AND BLOOD will be the first to hit the bookstores is hard to say at this juncture, but I do think you will have a Westeros book from me in 2018... and who knows, maybe two. A boy can dream..."

2018 is not close.

On the plus side, there's Fire and Blood. He seems to be making another Westeros novel about the Targs. In hindsight, that lines up with his quote he posted about Old Valeryia

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 12:19 AM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2017 12:09 AM
Flyattractor

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/com...the_not_a_blog/

"TL;DR: The theological analysis of the scripture referenced in George's recent enigmatic blog post in essence means that "the end has come" and I believe this means TWOW isn't far away."

Oh don't cry. I am sure they will make plenty of sequels and prequels....that will ROYALLY
F everything up....like what has happened to Star Wars.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2017 12:10 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Oh don't cry. I am sure they will make plenty of sequels and prequels....that will ROYALLY
F everything up....like what has happened to Star Wars.
Martin is a better writer than Lucas, and no one is taking control of his story unlike Lucas.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2017 12:23 AM