KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Game of Thrones FOR PEOPLE WHO'VE READ THE BOOKS

Game of Thrones FOR PEOPLE WHO'VE READ THE BOOKS
Started by: NemeBro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
They often go hand in hand.
Just like us.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:33 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
He killed her with "a heavy heart".

couldnt have anything to do with him performing a human sacrifice? must be "true love"? no evidence needed?

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:34 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Why did he kill his wife instead of someone else?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:35 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

On a side note, there should be a decent level of butthurt from the non book readers after Tywin dies while taking a shit.

The cliffhanger of Jon being stabbed should also provide much rage in the coming seasons.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Man I can't wait until the former happens.

I'm drooling all over my boner in wait.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:40 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
[...]Melisandre was robed all in scarlet satin and blood velvet, her eyes as red as the great ruby that glistened at her throat as if it too were afire. "In ancient books of Asshai it is written that there will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him." She lifted her voice, so it carried out over the gathered host. "Azor Ahai, beloved of R'hllor! The Warrior of Light, the Son of Fire! Come forth, your sword awaits you! Come forth and take it into your hand!"

quote:
Do you know the tale of the forging of Lightbringer? I shall tell it to you. It was a time when darkness lay heavy on the world. To oppose it, the hero must have a hero's blade, oh, like none that had ever been. And so for thirty days and thirty nights Azor Ahai labored sleepless in the temple, forging a blade in the sacred fires. Heat and hammer and fold, heat and hammer and fold, oh, yes, until the sword was done. Yet when he plunged it into water to temper the steel it burst asunder.

"Being a hero, it was not for him to shrug and go in search of excellent grapes such as these, so again he began. The second time it took him fifty days and fifty nights, and this sword seemed even finer than the first. Azor Ahai captured a lion, to temper the blade by plunging it through the beast's red heart, but once more the steel shattered and split. Great was his woe and great was his sorrow then, for he knew what he must do.

"A hundred days and a hundred nights he labored on the third blade, and as it glowed white-hot in the sacred fires, he summoned his wife. ‘Nissa Nissa' he said to her, for that was her name, ‘bare your breast, and know that I love you best of all that is in this world.' She did this thing, why I cannot say, and Azor Ahai thrust the smoking sword through her living heart. It is said that her cry of anguish and ecstasy left a crack across the face of the moon, but her blood and her soul and her strength and her courage all went into the steel. Such is the tale of the forging of Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes.

i can see where the common assumption is drawn, but still he only tells her that he loves her. it's not a certainty that this is a requirement. only certainty is that a human sacrifice is needed because the animal sacrifice failed.

*edit* http://booksfreeonline.net/Fiction/...f_Kings/10.html

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Last edited by focus4chumps on Jun 5th, 2014 at 09:53 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:47 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
On a side note, there should be a decent level of butthurt from the non book readers after Tywin dies while taking a shit.

he had better shit when he dies. i need to see that bastard brought low. also that smile at his funeral.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:50 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by NemeBro
Man I can't wait until the former happens.

I'm drooling all over my boner in wait.

Yeah, almost felt bad readings Digi's "it would affect me most if Tywin dies", but then I lold.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by focus4chumps
he had better shit when he dies. i need to see that bastard brought low. also that smile at his funeral.

Will be upsetting if there are no juicy sound effects, or if they do away completely with him sitting on the everyman's throne when he dies.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:58 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Will be upsetting if there are no juicy sound effects, or if they do away completely with him sitting on the everyman's throne when he dies.

that would be deeply offensive to me if they leave that out. that was pure concentrated justice, exactly how he died...imo. same with joff.
instead of the brutality we wished for, we got humiliation...an acceptable compensation. they had better not take that away.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:59 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Tywin dying on the shitter is the perfect way for him to go and the only reason to change that is either hack writing or the show being unjustly in love with him. Which might be the case with them significantly lessening his doucheiness and making him more awesome.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 10:11 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

As book readers, we need to accept the babbification of the show.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 10:22 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Bardock42
That's not so much a point why you disagree, but a repetition of your feelings of disagreement, but fair enough, I mean I find the arguments brought by the others in the thread here immensely compelling, and yours strenuous at best, but we don't have to agree on everything, we can still get married.

Okay, fair enough.

I just see her as a gold digger in both. It is possible that my opinion is tainted because I read the books before I saw those episodes (confirmation bias). I also see her interpreting Tyrion's words as rejection and her causal subsequent migration to Tywin as being similar and understandable in both mediums.

It would have been more than she currently had, which was working for a living and getting the odd gift from Tyrion after she sucked on his cock, no? It also would have meant she was safe from his father's wrath of: "next whore I'll hang". (why imo, she might have been a spy from the start in the show)

If show Shae just wanted more money, she probably could have asked and Tyrion would have provided, since he's in love with her.

Disagree, obviously, show Shae seems like actual affection/love up to the point of her dismissal. Guess we'll have to see how it plays out.

Well, I see her playing hardball rather than her passing up a good opportunity. That's why she rejected the stipend offer (she knew she could get more).

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 10:47 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Nephthys
Tywin dying on the shitter is the perfect way for him to go and the only reason to change that is either hack writing or the show being unjustly in love with him. Which might be the case with them significantly lessening his doucheiness and making him more awesome.

Uhhh...yup. smile

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 10:52 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Which I still don't buy into. No matter how many cool thing he does or how great Dance is as an actor, I still think Tywin's suuuch a dick. F*ck that guy.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 10:54 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Which I still don't buy into. No matter how many cool thing he does or how great Dance is as an actor, I still think Tywin's suuuch a dick. F*ck that guy.

Serious question (and why I think GRRM wrote the character as he did), does he remind you of your father? Tywin reminds me of father. It's why he pisses me off but I like him, too. His character hits close to home, at times. smile

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 11:06 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Oh god no. My father is a hippie who hasn't worked in 20 years. He's Tywin's opposite.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 11:08 PM
dadudemon

Oh god no. My father is a hippie who hasn't worked in 20 years. He's Tywin's opposite.

Oh.

Well, Tywin used to be my favorite until I got to the part in the books where he was a massive dick to Tyrion when Tyrion asked for something, anything, for his valor on the battlefield.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 11:09 PM
Eminence
Boss

We'll get the King's Landing bits in the season finale. Pretty sure next episode is all wildlings vs Night's Watch.

There's a mammoth in the preview.

smile

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 11:22 PM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder if we'll get to see what's below the black cells that varys told tyrion not to look at

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 11:31 PM