KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Game of Thrones FOR PEOPLE WHO'VE READ THE BOOKS

Game of Thrones FOR PEOPLE WHO'VE READ THE BOOKS
Started by: NemeBro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

all that would be required are 1-she had a father/brother/husband who was killed because of cersei's bounty on tyrion, and 2-she knows who tyrion is when she sees him, maybe simply by hearing someone like jorah call him by name. everything else would just fall into place, minus tyrion riding a pig

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 01:57 AM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
14 years old is practically 20 by the standards of the time.

I know. It still makes him a lot skeevier than in the show. He's 45 or something, ew.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 11:16 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by jaden101
So who's still to die in the next 2 episodes?

Ygritte, Tywin and Shae? Is that it? I was hoping to see Lady Stoneheart and Coldhands this season.

That's right...we should have seen Coldhands, already. Why did they **** that up?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 03:33 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
Sounds right. Any of the higher up Crows die during the attack on Castle Black? Can't recall.

Ummm...yes.

This one guy that everyone agrees would have been elected, easily, as the new Commander. Was it the black smith? I can't remember his name or who he was before the battle on the wall. GRRM bored me so much getting up to that point that I glazed over reading some of that shit.

I can't remember. But it was the guy that died in the tunnel against the King of the Giants. He died very badassly, too. I mean, how many men can say that stalemated the most badass Giant Warrior in a fight?

14 years old is practically 20 by the standards of the time.

Correct. You only have to go back 100 years in American history and you will find 14 year old girls marrying 30 year old bachelors.

If my great-grandmother hadn't married at 15, I probably would not exist. But they lived in a different time when dying could happen a lot sooner and dying could come more easily, too. They didn't have time to dick around in school and shitty jobs until their 20s. They had to get married and make as many babies as possible.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jun 6th, 2014 at 03:38 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 03:36 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The one armed guy. Donal Noyce.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 6th, 2014 at 07:00 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 06:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
The one armed guy. Donal Noyce.

That's even more badass. So it really was the blacksmith?

Donal Noye's battle prowess ranking...

Based on his feat of stalemating Mag Mar, how does he stack up against heavy hitters like whole and healthy Jaime and Gregor?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 07:22 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Mag was in a compromising position and Donal seems to be a large and extremely powerful guy (from smithing), not so sure he's skilled beyond regular soldiering. He is one brave fat **** though.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 07:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by dadudemon
That's even more badass. So it really was the blacksmith?

Donal Noye's battle prowess ranking...

Based on his feat of stalemating Mag Mar, how does he stack up against heavy hitters like whole and healthy Jaime and Gregor?
In terms of bravery he's certainly god tier, but as Robtard implied, in the same circumstance I could see warriors like Jaime, Gregor, Oberyn, Sandor, or whoever doing the same.

So how does everyone feel about the show practically confirming that Victarion's plot is going to amount to nothing in the books?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 07:43 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

It's just a fakeout.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 07:45 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

So how does everyone feel about the show practically confirming that Victarion's plot is going to amount to nothing in the books?

Explain.

But I don't like it already, as Victarion is kinda a kickass character doing kinda kickass stuff. We don't need another character Drogo'd, is what I am saying.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 07:51 PM
NemeBro

Well George acts as a consultant for the show, and even a writer for some episodes.

The showrunners, while discussing it with him, obviously brought up trimming the fat of the story to make it more manageable as a tv series.

So the fat man said,"All right listen, you know that guy Victarion? Just cut him. His storyline isn't going to go anywhere anyway, it's just another shaggy dog story."

Speculation? Sure. But why else would they cut him entirely from the show? Victarion is just not going to matter in the long run, IMO.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 08:04 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

but as with penny, the show writers are just as free to drop victarion as they are to introduce him in their own fashion.

we know that balon greyjoy is going to die soon, so that could be the opening to introduce vic and/or crows eye.

really there is no evidence to point either way.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 08:16 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Well George acts as a consultant for the show, and even a writer for some episodes.

The showrunners, while discussing it with him, obviously brought up trimming the fat of the story to make it more manageable as a tv series.

So the fat man said,"All right listen, you know that guy Victarion? Just cut him. His storyline isn't going to go anywhere anyway, it's just another shaggy dog story."

Speculation? Sure. But why else would they cut him entirely from the show? Victarion is just not going to matter in the long run, IMO.

So you're guessing. I hope you're wrong.

Also hoping that Focus is correct; once Balon slips and dies, Victarion appears to fill the spot.

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 6th, 2014 at 08:26 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 08:23 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by focus4chumps
but as with penny, the show writers are just as free to drop victarion as they are to introduce him in their own fashion.

we know that balon greyjoy is going to die soon, so that could be the opening to introduce vic and/or crows eye.

really there is no evidence to point either way.
HBO supplementary material mentions Euron as Balon's only brother though. They could change that, but for the moment Victarion does not exist.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 08:27 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by focus4chumps

That reminds me...

In the books, his Balon's death was very...lackluster and happened "off-screen." He was walking on a bridge, the wind blew really hard, and he fell to his death. Very anticlimactic.

Then, his death was mentioned in passing in another character's chapter. We didn't really get to learn the details of his death until the story focused on his brother (The Prophet - Aeron).

I sure hope the show does better justice to Balon's death than the books. At least SHOW us his death. But, still...the wind blows, he falls and goes boom. That's going to be funny if shown on screen. Like the prince's "consultant" in Braveheart that the king threw out the window. smile

HBO supplementary material mentions Euron as Balon's only brother though. They could change that, but for the moment Victarion does not exist.

Dammit, you're right. I was hoping you were wrong but I checked.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jun 6th, 2014 at 08:36 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 08:28 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

****ers. I could see then just having Euron and making his story an amalgam of his and Victarion's.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 08:31 PM
NemeBro

Oh yeah, Balon's death is the greatest in the series.

He's just walking across a bridge... And he falls off.

I for one like to think Euron didn't even have him assassinated. He just fell.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 08:31 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

It was during a heavy storm, iirc. Do wonder if GRRM will ever reveal wheather is was an accident of if Euron was behind it. ****er will likely leave it as an unknown.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 08:35 PM
dadudemon

Oh yeah, Balon's death is the greatest in the series.

He's just walking across a bridge... And he falls off.

I for one like to think Euron didn't even have him assassinated. He just fell.

Euron, Balon, Victorion, Aeron...all of those names sound so similar. I am confusing them.

I had no idea that Euron was suspected of killing Balon. Which book does that show up in? Or is that just a fan theory? Aeron did not think that in his "The Prophet" chapter...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 08:38 PM
NemeBro

Asha herself proposes the theory in... Either A Feast for Crows or A Dance with Dragons, I'm not sure which.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 08:40 PM