KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Game of Thrones FOR PEOPLE WHO'VE READ THE BOOKS

Game of Thrones FOR PEOPLE WHO'VE READ THE BOOKS
Started by: NemeBro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
It was during a heavy storm, iirc. Do wonder if GRRM will ever reveal wheather is was an accident of if Euron was behind it. ****er will likely leave it as an unknown.

heh, I sea what you did, there.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 08:40 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

No, was just a stupid typo.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 08:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Well, then...mine wasn't a typo and now I feel foolish. sad

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 08:44 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by dadudemon

Euron, Balon, Victorion, Aeron...all of those names sound so similar. I am confusing them.

I had no idea that Euron was suspected of killing Balon. Which book does that show up in? Or is that just a fan theory? Aeron did not think that in his "The Prophet" chapter...

Aeron is a well known idiot though.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 08:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Aeron is a thug **** you.

Drowned God for life.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 09:08 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was during a heavy storm, iirc. Do wonder if GRRM will ever reveal wheather is was an accident of if Euron was behind it. ****er will likely leave it as an unknown.

I think euron hired a faceless man to kill him. we learn of their methods through arya, and it only makes perfect sense that they would choose a stormy day to push him over. clean with little chance of witnesses.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 09:08 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

How could you not suspect Euron of killing Balon? He arrived a day later and proclaimed himself king. It's not like he was even subtle about it.

Also Balon was definitely assassinated. That creepy witch Arya talks to mentions a man without a face waiting on a bridge that swayed in her prophecies. And Asha or Victarion suspects he used a Faceless Man to do it.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jun 6th, 2014 at 09:16 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 09:14 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Probably Jaqen, dude gets around.

Who was that maester student he offed after he got the kid to steal him a key? Can't even recall what that was leading to, if anything so far.

edit: Pate. Some people think Syrio and Jaqen are the same person/faceless man.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 6th, 2014 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 09:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Well that's stupid.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 02:39 AM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some people think Syrio and Jaqen are the same person/faceless man.

god no

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 02:44 AM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I'd be excited at the prospect of having A Feast for Crows/A Dance with Dragons wrapped up by the Season 5 finale. I'm concerned for the pacing if they stretch it out beyond that, and I don't really know why they would; lots of exciting stuff there if they pack it into one season.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 02:50 AM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

after that, instead of jumping the gun and spoiling the last books, I really hope they do a prequel. robert's rebellion?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 03:48 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I've heard that Gurm is panicking and trying to get them to do that to give him more time to finish the books.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 03:53 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The only report we've had about Balon's death thus far isn't that he fell off but that the whole bridge collapsed. Euron's defence- which has some logic to it- is that he couldn't conjure up a storm the day before he arrived. Seeing as he has a magic dragon-controlling horn, this is not necessarily ruling things out, but it is a question that needs answering.

The Faceless Men are interested in dragons- that's why Jaqen is at the citadel and would have been unavailable to kill Balon. Euron is also interested in dragons, so either his interests and those of the FM coincide, or he's given them something dragon-related they want. I doubt he just paid- this is too plot-central.

-

As for Victarion- maybe he will turn up or maybe he won't, but there's plenty of room for them to do the entire Iron Islands plotline in the next year or two. That and Sunspear etc gives them a lot to do, alongside the standard Jon/King's Landing/Dany tracks.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 7th, 2014 at 08:11 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 08:08 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

The statement that they will only do 7 seasons makes me think that we might get a very different show towards the end, than we will get in the books, if ever we get the books.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 08:20 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, it's possible. Omitting s full POV character would be a big step though. We'll see about the seven seasons thing.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 08:26 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Oberyn's fight with Gregor was garbage. I was a little disappointed.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 09:32 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Bardock42
The statement that they will only do 7 seasons makes me think that we might get a very different show towards the end, than we will get in the books, if ever we get the books.

Well, we know that the producers have the ending. So we will at least get the ending GRRM intended in the show if he doesn't finish the books. The dude is getting old and is quite fat. That's a recipe for a fatal stroke or heart-attack and it is something that everyone should be keeping in mind before they get their hopes up.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 09:37 PM
NemeBro

The Fat Man never dies dadudemon.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 09:41 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by NemeBro
Oberyn's fight with Gregor was garbage. I was a little disappointed.

Achievement Unlocked: Edgemaster Supreme.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 09:46 PM