KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Discussion Thread- Manga

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Discussion Thread- Manga
Started by: The Butcher

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Butcher
Marvelous

Cool Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Discussion Thread- Manga

quote:
This story is about the flow of fate and the battle to keep the world on the right path. Aladdin is a boy who has set out to explore the world after being trapped in a room for most of his life. His best friend is a flute with a djinn in it named Ugo. Soon enough, Aladdin discovers he is a Magi, a magician who chooses kings, and he was born to choose kings who will follow the righteous path, battling against those who want to destroy fate. Follow his adventures as he meets others from "One Thousand and One Nights", like Ali Baba and Sinbad, and fights to keep the balance of world in check!

Who else reads this awesome manga on this forum?

I'm all caught up and personally think this is the best arc of the series thus far. Sheba and Solomon are my favorite characters of the series so far. I personally can't choose which I like more. Some days I prefer Solomon, other days I prefer Sheba.

So, any theories on who could be Gyouken in this flashback?

Also, I apologize if there is another thread for this. If so, please feel free to delete it and link me to the original.

Last edited by The Butcher on Jun 6th, 2014 at 04:59 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 04:57 PM
The Butcher is currently offline Click here to Send The Butcher a Private Message Find more posts by The Butcher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

Great manga. One of my current favorites and I have the official Viz releases as well. I hope they'll speed up the release schedule since I am enjoying it more than pretty much every other popular shounen manga.

The Alma Torran arc has been good so far. Not sure who Gyouken could be but Sheba and Arba are the best candidates since they both know Solomon well and Gyouken resembles both characters in some ways. Sheba and Arba share some traits as well.

My favorite arc has to be the Balbadd arc. The character development was well done, the battles were chaotic, and the atmosphere had an old school shounen feel like the Saint Beasts arc in YuYu Hakusho.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2014 06:44 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Caught up on the series.

It is exceedingly okay.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 09:33 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Manga looks like shit.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 06:52 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I really loved this manga when I read it. It's on par with early Naruto and Bleach imo. Need to get back into it though, as well as Toriko. Grr, juggling so many interests is hard.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 09:41 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
I really loved this manga when I read it. It's on par with early Naruto and Bleach imo. Need to get back into it though, as well as Toriko. Grr, juggling so many interests is hard.

I rate it higher than early (and current) Naruto and Bleach but that's just me. Toriko's been really killer lately, too. Both series I think need more love, especially in the States. Same with Nanatsu no Taizai.

Last edited by Markness on Aug 31st, 2014 at 03:09 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 03:06 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Favorite characters!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 04:06 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The incredibly pretty boy, Titus. Don't even need to read it to know. The ****ing things I'd do to him...

Still looks like shit though.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 05:05 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Morgiana.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 06:34 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Alibaba is objectively the best character though.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 07:47 PM
wakkawakkawakka

I've read the first hundred chapters of this, it reminds me of Fairy Tail before it got annoying.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 02:06 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

So we're out of flashbacks! And Aladdin proposes world peace! This seems like it will go over well.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 07:49 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Having nothing else better to do I caught up on the manga. My opinion of if still hasn't changed since the last time I decided to read it.

Oh and it even has it own "Naruto vs Sasuke" fight.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 02:54 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I follow, but I'm on the official print releases, so I can't engage in much discussion ^^

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 04:16 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

No reason you can't do both~

More people need to read Magi. Fun little series if only for the aesthetic and it has some pretty clever writing.

Who are your favorites, last two to comment?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 05:29 PM
wakkawakkawakka

My favorite is still Alibaba but Kouen is definitely up there.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 06:26 PM
Q99

Originally posted by AuraAngel
No reason you can't do both~

If I feel a major need for more, but at the current time I'm good with the release schedule.

quote:

Who are your favorites, last two to comment?

I like Morgiana.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 01:27 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

Morgiana's one of my favorite characters as well. She's had a lot of good development and her feats of strength are fun to view.

My other favorites would be Aladdin, Alibaba, Sinbad, Judar, Kougyoku, Hakuei, Kouha, and Kouen.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 04:27 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

So a lot of stuff just happened lol.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 02:37 PM
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

Originally posted by AuraAngel
Alibaba is objectively the best character though.

judal, kouha and muu are my fav characters

We are True Avengers

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 07:12 PM
yungz22 is currently offline Click here to Send yungz22 a Private Message Find more posts by yungz22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote