KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine vs Luke Cage

Wolverine vs Luke Cage
Started by: OnslaughtKILLS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
Don't know how many comics he's read but in this case he's spot on. stick out tongue

He's not and you know it.

HFless Wolverine kept getting back to the fight after strikes from stronger guys than Cage.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:49 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He's not and you know it.

HFless Wolverine kept getting back to the fight after strikes from stronger guys than Cage.
I guess.. Still "WOLVERINE STAB!" is his go-to tactics in lots of the fights. big grin

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:52 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Fun thing is, it'll actually work in this case...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:54 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Fun thing is, it'll actually work in this case...
heh true.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 08:01 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Classic Logan got his nards shot off by Punisher. Nuff said.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 09:45 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

So?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 11:39 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

So?
so cage kicks him in the nards until he's knocked out?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 06:48 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

More likely to be the other way round, honestly shifty

(please log in to view the image)

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 11:33 AM
riv6672

Hahaha!!!^

So?

So why didnt Wolverine just stab him? Because...not every fight in comics plays out so simplistically.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 12:57 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Not that there's anything wrong with Punisher shooting Logan.. that paticular issue was written by Mr. Garth P. Ennis and his Punisher would've shot Galactus in the balls FTW.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 01:16 PM
riv6672

Ha, heck yeah!

Just making a point though. If Wolverine stab, Flash BFR, Superman throw into sun etc were the norm in comics, would we really be reading them? wink

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 01:28 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by riv6672
So why didnt Wolverine just stab him? Because...not every fight in comics plays out so simplistically.

Forum fight =/= comic fight.

Besides, it wasn't even a fight - they teamed up against some freakin' midgets (Ennis at his worst) and Frank cheapshotted him when Logan was talking to him and not expecting it at all.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 01:44 PM
riv6672

Forum fight =/= comic fight.

Not sure what that formula means, but i'm guessing: "forum fights means characters act OUT of character because no one likes admitting their favorites lose."

I dont like admitting a loss either, and i'm not a scan warrior, but when i make at least an attempt at comparing powers and fighting styles, i'm not taking "lulz stabby hand man wins cuz he's cooler than scary black man guy". As too valid an argument! big grin

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 01:57 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Cage is a simple brick that relies on his durability a lot, that's why he's going to lose here.

His durability - the only advantage sans strength he has - means nothing against blades that stabbed through Gladiator and PG Thanos.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 02:07 PM
riv6672

NOT going to circle post with you on this.
Cage is more than that, anyone who reads comics with an eye towards more than feats knows that.
SNIKT away! smile

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 02:11 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Cage is a simple brick that relies on his durability a lot, that's why he's going to lose here.

His durability - the only advantage sans strength he has - means nothing against blades that stabbed through Gladiator and PG Thanos.
yeah, cos it's totally not like luke uses any degree of skill or intelligence when he fights people and it's not like logan turns into a brawler instead of using skill or intelligence right? Luke beats logan to death more times than not.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 03:00 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Logan has tons of more showings of him using skill/smarts than Cage, this should go without saying.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 03:04 PM
cdtm

And they all pale compared to making Doom pay up. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 03:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing

Where's my money, honey...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 03:13 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by riv6672
Not sure what that formula means, but i'm guessing: "forum fights means characters act OUT of character because no one likes admitting their favorites lose."

I dont like admitting a loss either, and i'm not a scan warrior, but when i make at least an attempt at comparing powers and fighting styles, i'm not taking "lulz stabby hand man wins cuz he's cooler than scary black man guy". As too valid an argument! big grin

Fighting style of Wolverine:

Vs Cage:

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 03:24 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote