KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine vs Luke Cage

Wolverine vs Luke Cage
Started by: OnslaughtKILLS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Logan has tons of more showings of him using skill/smarts than Cage, this should go without saying.
that's a really funny joke. Logan hardly every uses his intelligence while luke uses his in almost every fight. Logan does have more showings of skill. It's just to bad that he only ever uses it in about 2 percent of his on panel fights. Luke punches a hole in logans sternum and lets him bleed out 8/10.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 03:40 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It's not a joke, it's a fact.

Luke using int in almost every battle - now that is a joke. He doesn't. Not even close to it. The biggest Cage supporters wouldn't make such a statement, as it's simply not true.

His sternum is indestructible, btw. Easier time doing that to stomach, no protection there aside from the new, superdurable suit...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 04:05 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Fighting style of Wolverine:
(please log in to view the image)

Vs Cage:
(please log in to view the image)

thumb up

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 04:06 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

thumb up
luke wasn't even trying to fight in that scan. I also find it funny that when BP uses pressure points, they work but cage is unaffected when others use them on him.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 05:07 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Strontians? As in, Gladiator's race?

Sounds kind PIS to me.

A better example is when Cap's gloating over disabling Logan's claws, and Wolverine points out he landed a critical attack on his legs without him noticing.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 05:54 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, this is getting us nowhere... laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 06:10 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by deathslash
luke wasn't even trying to fight in that scan. I also find it funny that when BP uses pressure points, they work but cage is unaffected when others use them on him.

He was affected in the other example I know about (vs. some chick), but to a much lesser degree.

Anyway, nerve strikes work on him, so any top ma tier can take him out that way.

Originally posted by cdtm
Strontians? As in, Gladiator's race?

Sounds kind PIS to me.

A better example is when Cap's gloating over disabling Logan's claws, and Wolverine points out he landed a critical attack on his legs without him noticing.

Yes.

Hardly the first time we find out about Gladiator having weaknesses. Developing them is his race's secret power stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 06:23 PM
deathslash

He was affected in the other example I know about (vs. some chick), but to a much lesser degree.

Anyway, nerve strikes work on him, so any top ma tier can take him out that way.

Yes.

Hardly the first time we find out about Gladiator having weaknesses. Developing them is his race's secret power stick out tongue
he was also attacked by roughly 30 Kun Lun warriors who were told to strike at his eyes and pressure points (this was back when he was just a 3 tonner by the way). It took a second to throw all of them off of him but he was completely unharmed. So out of the three instances in which he was attacked using presure points, it only truly worked on him once.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 07:22 PM
SamZED

I love to piss Stilt off as much as the next guy but Luke's fighting skills are nowhere near Logan's level. Well classic Logan that is.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 08:50 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by SamZED
I love to piss Stilt off as much as the next guy but Luke's fighting skills are nowhere near Logan's level. Well classic Logan that is.
yeah, it's pretty funny to piss him off. Since the OP didn't specify, then that means that we have to go with the current versions of both characters. If it were classic logan, he would win all day long but since it isn't, he loses more time than not.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 08:57 PM
SamZED

Originally posted by deathslash
yeah, it's pretty funny to piss him off. Since the OP didn't specify, then that means that we have to go with the current versions of both characters. If it were classic logan, he would win all day long but since it isn't, he loses more time than not.
I know current Logan lost some of his memories along with some of his fighting skills, not sure how much though. He is still faster and more agile, plus those adamantium claws can cut right through Luke.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 09:03 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I was perfectly calm mad

Current Logan has still all the advantages he needs for this fight, including the skill one. Beating Batroc - even with trouble - is a good showing. Same with stalemating Kotd Panther... we might not know his [BP's] limits, but one thing for sure - T'Challa's been re-powered, post-HSH levels apparently.

He's also still capable of taking hits from strong guys; Thor, Wendigo, Venom Ock, amped Ghost Rider.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 09:06 PM
SamZED

I was perfectly calm mad
Then stay on topic and do your job or am I supposed to defend Wolverine's hairy behind for you? mad

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 09:08 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I've already done plenty.

See, Srank and Battlehammer are... missing, jinzin is hardly ever coming to visit. Claws Club is dead, there's nothing to fight for anymore.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 09:12 PM
SamZED

I know. Coincidentally happened around the time Avenging Spider-man #16 came out... stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 09:16 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud

No, Hammer stopped posting/reading pms during May, 2012... after his battlezone with whatever-his-name-was.

As for srank, he survived AvSM #16, dunno what made him disappear.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 09:22 PM
deathslash

I was perfectly calm mad

Current Logan has still all the advantages he needs for this fight, including the skill one. Beating Batroc - even with trouble - is a good showing. Same with stalemating Kotd Panther... we might not know his [BP's] limits, but one thing for sure - T'Challa's been re-powered, post-HSH levels apparently.

He's also still capable of taking hits from strong guys; Thor, Wendigo, Venom Ock, amped Ghost Rider.
oh please, T'challa wasn't even trying to fight logan that badly and he was still winning and then he stopped the fight before he could destroy logan. Cage punches logan so hard and so many times that even if wolverine did win the fight, he'd keel over and die from the internal bleeding.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 10:09 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You're just trolling at this point stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 10:12 PM
deathslash

You're just trolling at this point stick out tongue
To quote Quanchi "Concession accepted". You mad bro?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 10:15 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 10:16 PM