KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan vs Darth Malgus

Revan vs Darth Malgus
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WildBantha88

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I mean tanking in terms of telekentic/lightning attacks.
Revan is scripted to blow back a premature Nox/Wrath who have already demonstrated, to my knowledge, better resistance feats then Malgus. wink
I dunno

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 03:12 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
Very skilled compared to Jedi/Sith of that era. Note that this era is said to be even more the prime of the Jedi then the Clone War.

Too bad none of the swordsmen from that era have dueling feats that complete with higher end duelists from the PT era thumb up

quote:
They are superior to your average powerful Jedi Knight, and have combat feats to prove such.

Fodder is fodder, none of those hordes of Jedi have ever done anything of note and knowing skills that they've never practically used does not put them above fodder in any sense of the word

quote:
So? Revan wasn't. He was actually *affected* by the nexus, being the "Champion of the Light."

Irrelevant to the fact that all he did was kill fodder, Malgus would simply kill them faster due to receiving an amp.

quote:
Not at all, however that hardly matters. Wiping the floor with one of the most powerful Sith Lords in history 9 times is *much* greater then Malgus' feat. Hell, Revan would do the same to Zallow too if he could do it to amped!Malak.

Malak is featless without the SF amp, got his ass kicked by non force sensitives, and Malgus could kick Malak's ass as well as have actual feats that aren't dependent on gameplay mechanics.

quote:
You are now on my ignore list. Great idea Neph. thumb up
I have provided proof time and time again through various works that it is not game mechanics, and it is confirmed of the slaughter from various publications and authors.

None of which makes up for the fact Revan's feats are all game mechanics and cut scenes that ultimately are derived from playing a game. Come back when you have something that proves Revan can actually do anything other than die in a really good fight

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 03:24 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Carthage *pinches the bridge of his nose* this is why people don't like you. Im not going to try to argue with you and supply evidence that you are wrong because you will simply ignore the evidence and say some really stupid things about the evidence you cant refute.

So I am just going to tell you something and you are going to have to take my word for it okay? Your wrong....Not necicerily about Malgus winning but your arguments to support it are way off course.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 03:39 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Again come back when you have objective feats from Revan that occur that aren't dependent on a game that he achieved i,e the novel material. I wont entertain winning another debate against hollow accolades, when bereft of cut scenes that are dependent on gameplay Revan has nothing that compares him to Malgus.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 03:41 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Originally posted by carthage
Again come back when you have objective feats from Revan that occur that aren't dependent on a game that he achieved i,e the novel material. I wont entertain winning another debate against hollow accolades, when bereft of cut scenes that are dependent on gameplay Revan has nothing that compares him to Malgus.
Cut scenes are canon and the are not dependent on game play. No matter how you play the game Malak always orders the army to attack you

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 03:45 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

In my opinion this is a very close fight indeed, but if I had to call it, I'd go with Malgus in one hell of a fight.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kalen Sykes

It would be a fight to watch, certainly, but I'd edge Malgus out over Revan.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 04:06 AM
Click here to Send Kalen Sykes a Private Message Find more posts by Kalen Sykes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Malgus isn't even highly ranked in his own faction in which power overrules everything. On the other hand Revan's skill and prowess has been noted by Vitiate himself.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 04:13 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Who cares if he's ranked or not. None of the dark councillors apart from Nox ever demonstrated feats even close to him. No one in the Sith empire of that time actually really comes close in terms of actual accomplishments/feats

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 04:15 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Now that's not the way to go about it. Is every dark councillor also > malgus?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 04:16 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

That statement was made in remarks to Based's remark.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 04:17 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

As was mine. Phones sux sad

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 04:18 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Based
Malgus isn't even highly ranked in his own faction in which power overrules everything. On the other hand Revan's skill and prowess has been noted by Vitiate himself.

On the contrary, Malgus seized the rank of Emperor fora short while big grin

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 04:21 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

I think revan wins more times than not.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 06:02 AM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Based

He had his rank by choice.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 08:05 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Malgus. He's simply more powerful, his TK and lightning at superior and his dueling ability is on a higher level than Revan's imo.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Before I make a judgment, does anyone care to list Darth Malgus' Force Resistance or tanking feats?

Well Sidious described the Force Barrier used in the Force Maelstrom, the technique Malgus invented, as 'invulnerable' but idk if that's valid.

Malgus almost pushed through Satele's Force Wave until she Hadoken'd him. And in the same video he bats away one of Malcolm's blasts with his hand. Idunno about pure force tanking feats though.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 10:59 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Darth Malgus' telekinesis is not necessarily superior to Revan's, and this edge to Revan might determine the battle.
In the final fight with Darth Malgus, he demonstrates scripted attacks of TKing a single character away from him. In comparison, Revan displays scripted bursts (such as when he reaches 81% health), of throwing the entire squad backwards at perhaps even a farther distance then Darth Malgus does. I understand the Imperial Strike Team are not in their prime yet, but you must also take in account two things:
1. Kallig already has better Force resistance feats then Darth Malgus.
2. Revan is not in his prime either...or even close for that matter. The Emperor been draining his Force reserve for 300 years. It is incredible he can even do a simple Force push, let alone raining goddamn asteroids from the sky!
Darth Malgus does indeed TK in a cutscene the strike team as well...but look at how poorly he does it. Unlike Revan, when he TKs the entire group, they are literally only pushed backwards about 7ish feet. Rather embarrassing, to be honest.
Then we look at his lightning feat. Is it necessarily *that* impressive? I am only a level 24 Sith Inquistor at the moment, but my character has already been knocked down to the ground by the lightning of a random no name who is drawing off the power of the Dark Temple. erm

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:02 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

As you say, the team Malgus fought was more powerful than the one Revan did and Malgus ragdolled 3 of them (so it would be one of the Force users too), which is much more impressive that merely blowing them away.

1. Nox doesn't have better TK resistance feats.

2. Speculation. Revan had more than ample time to recover and access to the greatest Jedi healers and most advanced healing facilities if he wanted.

Random no-name possessed by an Ancient Sith Lord, of course padawan Nox can't compete yet. And solo quests that aren't quest specific aren't strictly canon to a certain character, because any of the classes can do them.

Malgus' lightning also one-shot Aryn Leneer and a very powerful zabrak Jedi. In the latter's case despite being blunted by the Jedi's lightsaber, Malgus' lightning still possessed the power to burn through his chest. And his lightning is far more powerful by Swtor, likely on the level of disintegration.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:19 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Before I reply, I'm curious about the ragdoll. When did this happen? I watched the fight, and he never does this. He chokes 3 of them out, but never ragdolls them. This will change my answer if you provide proof.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:23 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

No offense, Ant, but this is rather sad. You put far too much stock in game mechanics, like really?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:25 PM