KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan vs Darth Malgus

Revan vs Darth Malgus
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The choking is the ragdolling. They're lifted off their feat and immobilised with the Force.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:25 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I take scripted feats as canonical, though I don't necessarily use it as a base for my argument unless the other character's scripted feats are like the laters as well. Malgus and Revan both fit the bill for such, though for a versus with Revan against Dooku, using game mechanics as the bulk of your argument is, like you said, rather sad.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:27 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Especially because both Revan's and Malgus's feats have been replicated by random Council Member flashpoint bosses.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:32 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Malgus maybe...
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: But no one does the asteroids, nor to be knowledge, such a large knockback. wink

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:34 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Whatever. Revan can be solo'd with ease. wink

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:35 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
The choking is the ragdolling. They're lifted off their feat and immobilised with the Force.

I concede in this particular area, but I fail to see how this is more impressive then Revan's best TK feats. Though I'm not really in the mood for a debate arguing with feats are better. And I still see a lack of Force Resistance feats. erm

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:37 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Whatever. Revan can be solo'd with ease. wink

After they did that patch, yeah. However apparently he had a power that could one-shot the team until they removed/downgraded it.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:38 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Oric, a Jedi Councillor from the Assault on Tython flashpoint, achieved a similar effect to Revan, though the projectiles were chunks of ceiling rather than chunks of asteroid. I believe the pieces are smaller, but there's also more of them.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:38 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
After they did that patch, yeah. However apparently he had a power that could one-shot the team until they removed/downgraded it.

I heard of that too. It was called "master of the Force" or something like that, and it was a lightsaber based attack strangely.

I believe it only one shots one of the team's members though.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:39 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

It is more impressive than revan's TK feats. Choking out (potentially) Wrath/Nox or HoT/Barsen'thor>Throwing asteroids while facing much weaker incarnations of the Wrath/Nox.

Wut? I've basically had the game since it came out, and I don't think he ever had such an attack.

But Malgus, does, actually. It's a lightning attack.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:39 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Oric, a Jedi Councillor from the Assault on Tython flashpoint, achieved a similar effect to Revan, though the projectiles were chunks of ceiling rather than chunks of asteroid. I believe the pieces are smaller, but there's also more of them.

Not nearly as impressive. erm The mass of just one of the astreoids is probably tenfold that of the ceiling debris, nor would the ceiling debris be close in distance in comparison from raining it from space.
quote:
I heard of that too. It was called "master of the Force" or something like that, and it was a lightsaber based attack strangely.

Interesting. So did they remove it, or downgrade it then? I know many Youtube people were pissed over the change, while others were happy they could finally beat him.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:41 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Not nearly as impressive. erm The mass of just one of the astreoids is probably tenfold that of the ceiling, nor would the ceiling be close in distance in comparison from raining it from space.

They weren't rained from space, they were suspended right next to the fight in tractor beams. erm

They didn't even come from space, they were chunks mined from the Foundry's interior. (The Foundry was an asteroid, originally)

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:43 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The asteroids next to the Foundry were too large to be the ones he telekentically pulled. I will try to find a YouTube video of someone looking up during the fight to see how far away the ones Revan pulled were from.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:46 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

The chunks mined from the foundry could have varied largely in shape and size, just like mined ore does in real life.

Also, if someone looked up during that point I doubt they'd see anything but the asteroids appearing out of thin air.

And it's still a gameplay mechanic regardless.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 06:06 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Once I get to the LVL I'll tell you what it's like, I could not find any videos of it.
When I read "game mechanics", I think of the abilities your character can display in battle, such as the attack "Thrash". This is not even a attack any character can do, even if they wanted too. It is a part of the actual level itself, rather then being attached to a specific character like other game mechanics are. That is why even if some do not take scripted material as canon, this feat still should be.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 06:15 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

thumb up

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 06:18 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I'm not denying the probability that he used the surrounding asteroid chunks in the battle, I am denying that he stood still and let himself get slashed while he rained them vertically despite the asteroids being at angles around him rather than above him.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 06:20 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

He defends himself with his blade, or positions the asteroids so they can't go near him, lol. And actually, towards the end of the meteor shower, he goes and attacks people while the asteroids are still pouring downwards. wink

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 06:24 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I'm not denying the probability that he used the surrounding asteroid chunks in the battle, I am denying that he stood still and let himself get slashed while he rained them vertically despite the asteroids being at angles around him rather than above him.

Well obviously that didn't happen. But the feat still happened.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 06:25 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I concede in this particular area, but I fail to see how this is more impressive then Revan's best TK feats. Though I'm not really in the mood for a debate arguing with feats are better. And I still see a lack of Force Resistance feats. erm

Ok, those ragdolling one of the TOR protags really does > Revan imo.

What are Revans Force Resistance feats?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 08:16 PM