KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » Which is your favorite movie Dracula??

Which is your favorite movie Dracula??
Started by: Lonious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lonious

Which is your favorite movie Dracula??

I will have to go with Bela Lugosi's version - the forefather of all movie vampires. But Oldman's (with the hairstyle) I believe looks creepier.

However, there are other ones - notably Christopher Lee (Horror of Dracula), Oldman (Bram Stoker's Dracula), Langella (Dracula), etc.

So...who is your favorite and why?

smile

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:36 AM
Lonious is currently offline Click here to Send Lonious a Private Message Find more posts by Lonious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Lugosi for nostalgia.

Oldman for panache. Plus, he really got me to root for him getting Mina. The heroes were just spiteful dill weeds. She wanted to be with him and they didnt respect her wishes.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 10:24 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Lugosi

Does it have to be 'Dracula', per se? If not: Schreck.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2014 08:22 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Probably Oldman's Dracula. I remember getting a good sense of his inner turmoil but at the same time you could see his deviousness and deception. It has been a long time since I've seen it though.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 03:22 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Oldman's Dracula is the creepiest thanks to great direction, operatic cinematography, and compelling effects.

The best performance? Louis Jourdan, from an obscure made-for-TV BBC movie called Count Dracula. It's available on youtube and is often cited as the most accurate adaptation of the book.

Jourdan's awesome because he's neither savage like Lee or Palance nor is he a sympathetic anti-hero like Langella or Oldman. He's cold, calculating, sly, and arrogant. Great understated menace there.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 12:13 AM
The_Tempest is currently offline Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Gary Oldman by a country mile, that movie was awesome...except for Ryder and Reeves acting of course.... but Oldmans acting basically overrides all the negative; love the added love story too, one of the only times a added love story actually made a movie better IMO...

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 11:31 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Shouldn't this be in the discussion page and not in the respect sub section?

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 07:20 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I wish I could say Dracula Untold's Dracula, because his design was based on one of my favorite Dracula stories, but the movie wasn't up to par.

Have to go with the original and best; Lugosi. thumb up

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 02:01 AM
NewGuy01 is online now! Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackJackal
Emissary of Judgment

I told I guess

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 03:59 PM
BlackJackal is currently offline Click here to Send BlackJackal a Private Message Find more posts by BlackJackal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omac9

Dracula Gottfried
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 10:06 PM
Omac9 is currently offline Click here to Send Omac9 a Private Message Find more posts by Omac9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

Dominic Purcell haha, nah jk. Yeah i'd say Oldman also.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 09:30 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jonathan E.
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oldman

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 08:29 PM
Jonathan E. is currently offline Click here to Send Jonathan E. a Private Message Find more posts by Jonathan E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by relentless1
Gary Oldman by a country mile, that movie was awesome...except for Ryder and Reeves acting of course.... but Oldmans acting basically overrides all the negative; love the added love story too, one of the only times a added love story actually made a movie better IMO...

Ditto to everything here.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2016 10:16 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

Just by sheer numbers Christopher lee wins.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:17 AM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gary Oldman

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 05:55 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Leslie Neilson in Dracula Dead and Loving it.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 02:35 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

smile

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 07:45 AM
CaveDude33211 is currently offline Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Vampirella

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 07:57 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omac9
Dracula Gottfried
(please log in to view the image)

thumb up

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 11:12 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I grew up watching the Christopher Lee movies, so he'll always be my favorite. Performance wise, you've gotta give it up to Oldman, though.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 03:13 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote