KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » UNIVERSEBREAKERS: Who Are They?

UNIVERSEBREAKERS: Who Are They?
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
http://i.imgur.com/Amq1SBH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Qisztv5.jpg

But then, Huntara comments on the explosion.

http://i.imgur.com/Va4Emd5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JtKhD4h.jpg

"That light within the southern most sky.....An anti-matter implosion."

Also the Elsewhen dimension wasn't destroyed.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/vangaard.htm

Yeah, I have never considered that version of Franklin to be anything more than a Cable-ripoff high herald.
Superman surviving such an explosion which destroys the universe, rips a hole in timestream and collapse realities on themselves and which was eventually going to destroy the entire creation? ****ing insane.

And the Superman-centric agenda once again hijacks yet another thread. laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 24th, 2014 06:02 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Galan007
yeah, that's what I mean: it wasn't 'just' the human bomb's death that destroyed the universe--it was hb's death coupled with the death of either superman or batman. thumb up

it actually has more to do with mxy's comment in S/B #25, than anything else...
"Superman and Batman are the linchpin to everything. No matter what time or universe, some version of you two exists! And when that balance is upset or uprooted--and you can call it a cataclysm or an apocalypse or a crisis--it upsets my life in the 5th dimension... And that ticks me off!":
http://i.imgur.com/lj1jq7v.jpg

Someone beat me to it. Good post Galan.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 24th, 2014 06:05 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

At first sight, I didn't either. But as explained in the next issue, whenever one of them died the timeline/universe got destroyed.

http://imgur.com/XHoUM1b
http://imgur.com/0jGZfpo

Since Batman had already died, Human Bomb's explosion coupled with the time bubble destroyed that timeline/universe.

There's also this confirmation that various realities were getting destroyed:

http://i.imgur.com/PrBD8OZ.jpg?1

There's no doubt that those were whole realities which were getting destroyed but I most definitely disagree on the Superman durability part; although im not going to debate it, of course.

Originally posted by Epicurus
Yeah, I have never considered that version of Franklin to be anything more than a Cable-ripoff high herald.

Psi Lord is much greater than a high herald. It's just that he has self imposed inhibitions on his abilities. His powers are held in check by his armor which drains the excess of power lest it overwhelms him and goes beyond his control. In Fantastic Force #5, when Dreadface possesses Franklin, he lets go of his inhibitions, by severing the link between him and his armor:

http://i.imgur.com/Y4oePqR.jpg

It's later confirmed, in issue #9, that this letting off his inhibitions threatened to destroy space/time:

http://i.imgur.com/5sRfGhD.jpg?1

Or in the Vangaard instance the same thing happened; Psi Lord let go of his inhibitions and unleashed a big bang which ripped apart space/time. This was the reason why Diablo referred to Psi-Lord's powers as being "universe-shattering" in Fantastic Force #17:

http://i.imgur.com/ZoEra3h.jpg

(same thing was said the following issue)

There's also no reason why would Psi-Lord be weaker than standard Franklin, because he's the exact same character, who was trained to handle his powers in a more controllable way, and he did that by limiting himself. In fact, Diablo sought to use Psi-Lord to vanquish Mephisto because Franklin's done so in the past. That should tell you that they possess the same power level. Not to mention that a letter's page had him called the most powerful mutant ever (it's from FF 380 something).

He's at least a universal power.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2014 08:10 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

yeah, that's what I mean: it wasn't 'just' the human bomb's death that destroyed the universe--it was hb's death coupled with the death of either superman or batman. thumb up

it actually has more to do with mxy's comment in S/B #25, than anything else...
"Superman and Batman are the linchpin to everything. No matter what time or universe, some version of you two exists! And when that balance is upset or uprooted--and you can call it a cataclysm or an apocalypse or a crisis--it upsets my life in the 5th dimension... And that ticks me off!":
http://i.imgur.com/lj1jq7v.jpg

Batman was already dead in that timeline though.

So yeah, Superman tanked that shit like a baws.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2014 01:38 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

And the Superman-centric agenda once again hijacks yet another thread. laughing out loud

Superman is just that good.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2014 01:39 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Re: UNIVERSEBREAKERS: Who Are They?

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Worldbreaking seems pretty standard so it is time to up the stakes.

Which characters can break a universe?

the wielder of the six guns can unmake and remake all of creation into their desired image. over the ages people have used the six to do this several times already....

http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/s...npg003.jpg.html

it has never been shown to be a multiverse or anything like that but it is a layered world of mortals and spirits and there is a heaven and hell in the sixth gun world so remaking all of creation there is a very uber feat.

the sixth gun=fekkin awesome...

Last edited by leonidas on Jul 17th, 2014 at 02:18 PM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 02:15 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by operator616
They didn't destroy the universe in the sense that we are all thinking of.

Nightcrawler's dimension literally consisted of a couple of islands/landmasses (look through Hulk #126 and you'll realize this). Nightcrawler sent a sonic force at Hulk, Hulk deflected it with a thunderclap which destroyed the islands in the dimension, and that's all.

It sure does sound impressive, when the issue says "a cosmic being ripped asunder". Or that retelling from Defenders v1 #1. But when you consider the context, not so much.

Here's Nightcrawler's Marvel Legacy handbook confirming that all they did, was destroy the dimension's land masses:

http://i.imgur.com/fmfGmWY.jpg?1

So it's basically a stylish nuke level feat and only technically a universe buster?

There's precedence, however no proof. It's like Superman's planet-busting capability; the feats indicate it and on paper he should be capable of doing it bu he's never actually been written as destroying a planet post-reboot.

Actually, Superman has a few examples where he does, but that's getting off-topic.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 02:31 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Re: Re: UNIVERSEBREAKERS: Who Are They?

Originally posted by leonidas
the wielder of the six guns can unmake and remake all of creation into their desired image. over the ages people have used the six to do this several times already....

http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/s...npg003.jpg.html

it has never been shown to be a multiverse or anything like that but it is a layered world of mortals and spirits and there is a heaven and hell in the sixth gun world so remaking all of creation there is a very uber feat.

the sixth gun=fekkin awesome...

additionally--the wielder of the six usurps the supreme being's power to create. it has been hinted at that the supreme being himself may intercede to attempt to stop the guns from fulfilling their destiny...

http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/s...ia/6th.jpg.html

the six is fo realz! rock

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 02:35 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 11:12 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Cant Odin destroy a Universe?

(please log in to view the image)

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 11:37 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Superboy Prime

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 11:43 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by carver9
Someone beat me to it.
You'll get em next time, carver smile

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 11:44 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Deadpool:

Hey there good friend. That's "Venompool" ... and that's a hilarious What If-type story.
He also erased beforehand the Galactus and Beyonder associated with that reality.
(big G impregnated someone ... oh yea, it goes there)
Originally posted by tkitna

Cant Odin destroy a Universe?

... Imo, not according to that scan good friend.

It seems they affected little to no stars, and perhaps rocks for planets etc concerning galaxies.
But much better that that, they re-ignited dying stars, not bad, actually really good, but not nearly universal.
(there's over 100 billion active stars in one galaxy alone)

The "Planes of Existence" are 3 primary stages of reality one can exist in:

The Physical Plane (in-universe)
The Subconscious Plane (mind)
The Astral Plane (spiritual)

Last edited by Mr Master on Jul 18th, 2014 at 02:24 AM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 02:14 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Emperor Joker

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 02:27 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Mr Master
Hey there good friend. That's "Venompool" ... and that's a hilarious What If-type story.
He also erased beforehand the Galactus and Beyonder associated with that reality.
(big G impregnated someone ... oh yea, it goes there)
Given that I have the comic, I am well aware of these facts. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 03:42 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 03:57 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos.

With artifacts? Yes, without? I don't know. What do you think and why?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 04:19 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Diesldude
With artifacts? Yes, without? I don't know. What do you think and why?
He has destroyed a universe. Just bask in Thanos& glory and be envious of the most successful character in comics.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 04:29 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by quanchi112
He has destroyed a universe. Just bask in Thanos& glory and be envious of the most successful character in comics.

Under his own power or did he had help? Scans?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 05:40 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Given that I have the comic, I am well aware of these facts.

Of course good friend, but we don't want to confuse the innocents.

It's just that "Deadpool" does not have the 'Recton Expungifier' (universal eraser gun) and never has.
That's a "Venompool" weapon that only existed in that insane alternate reality.

I know you already knew that so this info is for the onlookers. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 12:16 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote