KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Predator (2018)

The Predator (2018)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
Jokes go so far even the Predator is doing it.

Dude A gets stealth killed dude B looks back asking him "everything ok?" he shows a thumbs up...few seconds later it turns out its only a ripped off arm and the pred made it show the thumbs up....

That predator sounds alright.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 08:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

So it's Ironman 3 again? That's too bad. This guy's use of humor is really bad and tone deaf.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 09:17 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Its not that his humour is bad. Its just that its overused in the wrong films.

He should stick to comedies, or action comedies like Lethal Weapon.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 10:09 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Another person's take on the film from Joblo.com

this person gives it a 5/10

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/rev..._medium=JoBloFB

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 02:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well it would seem that hindsight is going to be 20/20. They should have stuck with the success of Predators (2010). It was reviewed pretty well and I think even fans seemed to like it pretty well.

This looks like a stinker, so I'm definitely going to wait.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 09:40 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yes, "Predators" was okay.

The Predator franchise seemed to be doing better than the Alien one, but now...?

37% at RT now. Ugh.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_predator/

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 09:43 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Aside from the stupid character twist ending, I really liked Predators. I would have much rather seen a direct sequel to it than this.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 09:48 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually liked Prometheus and alien covenant shrug

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 10:55 PM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just got home from this. It was... Fine. It wasn't so bad it was offensive, but it didn't exactly elevate the franchise either. The action was well done, the CGI wasn't atrocious, and some of the jokes were pretty funny.

It was just a bit too... Light, imo. Too many jokes that didn't land, and the violence, gory as it was, only occasionally had any real "oomph" to it.

One thing we did see that I really liked was how [SPOILER - highlight to read]: badass a Predator can actually be. When that first one escapes from the base; it really showed why they should be feared, and that they didn't get to where they are solely by hiding in trees in stealth mode.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 11:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -Pr-
some of the jokes were pretty funny.

What did you think of IM 3, Pr?

Did you feel the same way?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 01:54 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What did you think of IM 3, Pr?

Did you feel the same way?

(please log in to view the image)

lol. I did. But Predator, for its faults, maintained its tone quite well without any drastic shifts.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 07:20 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Aside from the stupid character twist ending, I really liked Predators. I would have much rather seen a direct sequel to it than this.

They did continue it in a way with a comic one-shot

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Predators:_Preserve_the_Game

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 10:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -Pr-
lol. I did. But Predator, for its faults, maintained its tone quite well without any drastic shifts.

Truly awful movie with a retarded kid, RDJ faking PTSD as bad as carver fakes reading comics and not only it ruined Mandarin, it also managed to ruin the whole Extremis story --- which is one of the best stories of [modern] Iron Man.

And that ending... good thing the rest of MCU ignored it.

You're lucky you've been promoted, otherwise I'd use Negan's bat on your skull

Congrats, Pr. You're one of KMC Gods now.

Last edited by StiltmanFTW on Sep 14th, 2018 at 05:45 PM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 05:43 PM
Darth Thor

^ Oh damn didnt notice Pr is a mod here as well now.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 06:26 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He is a mod f*cking everywhere now.

He is a Global...

And Galan is now modding Anime, Star Wars and Comic Books. Queeq will get crushed by him, mark my words. They never agreed on anything.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 06:33 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Galan a mod....smh.....

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 07:01 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Hmm, I didn't mind this movie. It wasn't the cool Predator 1 and 2, but it wasn't the utter back of poop that was AVP Requiem.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 07:05 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Estacado
Galan a mod....smh.....

Ikr?

What the f*cking f*ck... sad times to live in.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 07:40 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

And Galan is now modding Anime, Star Wars and Comic Books.

Oh shit! He is as well!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 07:49 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

This is a pretty good movie. The jokes were a little over done but still didn't mind them. not as violent as i had hoped. I'd still give this 8/10

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 09:05 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote