KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Predator (2018)

The Predator (2018)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, this wasn't very good. Like a teenager wrote it.

The Predators have been scouring the galaxy and[SPOILER - highlight to read]: using DNA from different species to improve themselves (eg to adapt to earth), and somehow an autistic kid and his autism is something they want genetically? The comedy writes itself.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 03:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Love the predator but sadly it isn’t doing well.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 04:50 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Saw a garbled low quality version with a lot of things vlblurred out, but saw enough to understand. One thing everyone probably would agree is that the ending should never have been
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, this wasn't very good. Like a teenager wrote it.

The Predators have been scouring the galaxy and[SPOILER - highlight to read]: using DNA from different species to improve themselves (eg to adapt to earth), and somehow an autistic kid and his autism is something they want genetically? The comedy writes itself.

Then again, the kid [SPOILER - highlight to read]: somehow figures out their language, so he might have mistaken him for a super genius as an honest mistake

I feel really dumb for saying that.

But liked the trick or treat scene for it's sheer ridiculousness. Same as thumbs up. Made me laugh

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 04:56 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Originally posted by Myth
Ghostbusters was trash, but didn't actively try to re-explain past stuff. Suddenly, the Predators weren't coming here to hunt for sport, but for spinal fluid to make hybrids? And autism is especially intriguing because it is the next step in evolution? Predators are planning a full on invasion of the planet because of global warming? And what happened to cloaking and using hunting strategy? These predators are visible almost the entire time and don't use any strategies, just run up and be bullet proof. They also forgot how their vision works at times (like the predator shooting a mask held from behind a tree, despite that not being something that would trick a predator because it wouldn't be seen in the infrared. This movie had predators in it, but the way they behaved, the changing of the lore, etc, it was not only bad, but actively tried to re-explain past movies that didn't need explaining. Ghostbusters at least never did that. I finally understand what angry Star Wars fans feel like when they want a movie erased from canon because of the direction it takes things, not just the quality. AVP:R was ultimately non-consequential compared to this, which makes it easy to just dismiss it as bad.

I just have a laundry list of complaints about this movie long enough that I know I'm slowly going to forget them.

I never did say it's the next Citizen Kane or Godfather.

That being said, I never did let the little niggles bother me as much as you did apparently. That being said, yes, the movie had plotholes a mile wide.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 06:18 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

One of the worst movies ive ever seen. Avoid it like the plague if your a fan of the first two movies.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 08:04 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I know Shane Black tried to get Arnold back to reprise his role of Dutch for the original ending that was planned, Arnold didn't want to do it with it being just a cameo.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 02:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I think the film takes a few shots at the lore that they’ll have to backtrack at again. From the perspective of Blacks original vision I think was probably ****ed over a lot by the studio, and what we got suffered from a lack of focus. The autism part didn’t bother me but yeah the Ultimate Predator was clearly a retard 😂. As a film I enjoyed it and the jokes landed for me, the kills worked, but I was hoping for more of a collaborative between the Yautja and he human team. Overall I liked the characters more than the guys in Predators, but lore wise and action Wise Predators Beats this out. Also I’m curious where they’re going to go after the ending, (assuming) this does well enough to warrant a sequel. 7/10

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 01:21 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I never did say it's the next Citizen Kane or Godfather.

That being said, I never did let the little niggles bother me as much as you did apparently. That being said, yes, the movie had plotholes a mile wide.
Who're you calling a little niggle?!

Reported.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 01:25 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Rather liked the movie myself too, Went amd seen it yesterday

7/10 from

the whole thing with [SPOILER - highlight to read]: them thinking of using the predator tech to fight back with the Predator Killer suit reminded me of the Predator comic story Predator: xenogenesis.

Last edited by Kazenji on Sep 20th, 2018 at 03:06 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 03:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

This movie was hot garbage.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 08:57 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

1/10 pure garbage.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 09:54 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -Pr-
Just got home from this. It was... Fine. It wasn't so bad it was offensive, but it didn't exactly elevate the franchise either. The action was well done, the CGI wasn't atrocious, and some of the jokes were pretty funny.

It was just a bit too... Light, imo. Too many jokes that didn't land, and the violence, gory as it was, only occasionally had any real "oomph" to it.

One thing we did see that I really liked was how [SPOILER - highlight to read]: badass a Predator can actually be. When that first one escapes from the base; it really showed why they should be feared, and that they didn't get to where they are solely by hiding in trees in stealth mode.

Ok, so I've finally seen it.

To my surprise, I actually liked it. Guilty pleasure? Perhaps.

Much better than Iron Man 3, even though [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Iron Predator at the end was dumb as f*ck.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 10:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Did you like it better than Predators?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 12:55 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Honestly? Yeah, I believe so.

It's been a while and I watched Predators at home, though. Theater enhances the experience a great deal.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 03:23 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

To my surprise, I actually liked it. Guilty pleasure? Perhaps.

An Upgrade Predator has been sent to hunt you down for betraying the Yautja by liking this movie...

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 03:32 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Hmm, Pr and Stilt making me think I should give this film a chance.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 03:45 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Estacado
An Upgrade Predator has been sent to hunt you down for betraying the Yautja by liking this movie...

At least I will die a quick death... can't say the same thing about you - I have a bad feeling that Sony is going to give you a crippling depression sad

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Hmm, Pr and Stilt making me think I should give this film a chance.

thumb up

As Pr said, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the lab scene - Predator's escape - is really neat.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 05:05 PM
HulkIsHulk

Yeah we finally get to see the Predator [SPOILER - highlight to read]: use a gun
Waiting for weekend..

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 08:42 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ They already did that in the comics.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 08:48 AM
HulkIsHulk

I have yet to read a single comic in the Predator or Alien universe. Heck the only Dark horse comic I've read is the one where Odin gives Thor a funeral.
And I haven't read Indie comics either.
And I've been keeping away from all comics until recently

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 09:04 AM