KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Pacific Rim: Uprising

Pacific Rim: Uprising
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I am keen for this film. I enjoyed the first one a lot, despite a few facepalm moments. Like why the bloody hell did it take them so long to figure out that using Gipsy's sword might be a good idea?
I'm more blown away by the fact that every single Jaeger didn't have that arm blaster. That thing is almost an instant kill. And I don't understand why Gypsy didn't open up every fight with that thing. It would have gone a lot smoother.

Still, awesome ****ing fights.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 06:21 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Del Toro won't be doing this sequel just yet

To be shooting a small, black & white film

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/gui...cific-rim-2-163

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 05:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Kazenji
Del Toro won't be doing this sequel just yet

Apparently he has written the sequel already but is still waiting for the studio & green light & more importantly, fund the project.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 05:51 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Apparently he has written the sequel already but is still waiting for the studio & green light & more importantly, fund the project.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/06/...d-series-coming

whistle

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 07:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Jeez Kaz how does it feel to be a Mr. Know It All on the internet?

Does it get the ladies, Kaz?

The article you posted was dated 26th June so obviously I've read another article prior to that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 09:11 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Go **** yourself, smartass

obviously you have noting better to do, Then just troll on this place.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 09:13 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I have nothing better to do?

You're the one who can't resist pointing out that you always know better.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 09:16 AM
pallaviagg27

yup agreed first one was amazing, I recently watched it on hbo hits. Awesome movie and me too waiting for its new part. i will definitely watch it.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 05:04 AM
pallaviagg27 is currently offline Click here to Send pallaviagg27 a Private Message Find more posts by pallaviagg27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 05:29 AM
steverules_2

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm more blown away by the fact that every single Jaeger didn't have that arm blaster. That thing is almost an instant kill. And I don't understand why Gypsy didn't open up every fight with that thing. It would have gone a lot smoother.

Still, awesome ****ing fights.

Actually the sword was better, was a one shot kill , the cannon it took a few shots to kill a kaiju and it was always kinda slow to start up I found

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 08:38 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Lestov16
So turning the planet into a nuclear wasteland is a good alternative? A megaton bomb didn't put one down. Cities would annihilated just trying to kill a single one.

I don't know about all that but i'm sure man kind could come up with something a bit more practical than a giant robot with chainsaw arms. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 12:23 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Q99
And it's not just total force that matters, but force that hits specific points. A very direct force to the base of your skull can kill you when far greater total force, just a bit less at any specific point, across your total body won't.

A nuclear bomb is not like a bullet or standard missile, it creates a single massive blast which is extremely powerful, hot and covers enormous space, should vaporize any living organism caught in it.

In reality, a nuclear bomb will vaporize any Kaiju, should one emerge. The sheer idiocy of movies should not be taken seriously.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 08:34 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

In reality, a nuclear bomb will vaporize any Kaiju, should one emerge. The sheer idiocy of movies should not be taken seriously.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 07:00 AM
steverules_2

A nuclear bomb is not like a bullet or standard missile, it creates a single massive blast which is extremely powerful, hot and covers enormous space, should vaporize any living organism caught in it.

Please tell me when in the movie a kaiju managed to survive a nuke? In Godzilla they were surviving nukes...but not in pacific rim

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 07:52 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

laughing out loud

You think a living organism can tolerate nuclear blast? Not funny.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 04:42 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Something of that size, Yes.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 04:45 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by steverules_2
Please tell me when in the movie a kaiju managed to survive a nuke? In Godzilla they were surviving nukes...but not in pacific rim

Cat 5 in Pacific Rim, remember?

I understand that Cat 5 is supposed to be mightiest of Kaiju but come on.

Nukes are laughably underestimated in movies, not funny by the way.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 04:46 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Something of that size, Yes.

You must be joking right?

I don't blame you for lack of grasp of reality, I blame Hollywood for presenting nukes like trivial stuff.

A nuclear weapon produces an explosion so massive and powerful that it vaporizes and decimates anything in its path.

The Hiroshima bomb produced heat of 6000 C at ground zero and this is in addition to initial kinetic energy which wiped out most of the city. It created conditions as lethal as that of Sun over Hiroshima.

And Hiroshima bomb have been dwarfed in power by some other atomic bombs produced later on.

Don't be naïve.

In reality, their is no viable defense against a nuclear bomb except maybe a 500 feet below the surface of Earth in a hardened shelter, assuming that a bunker buster nuke is not being used.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 26th, 2014 at 04:57 AM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 04:53 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I don't blame you for lack of grasp of reality, I blame Hollywood for presenting nukes like trivial stuff.

Sorry for not reading up on all these things

but i'm sure you've got all the time in the world.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 05:53 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Guillermo Del Toro Says PACIFIC RIM 2 Is Being Setup For A Third Film

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi.../news/?a=109414

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 06:09 AM