KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Pacific Rim: Uprising

Pacific Rim: Uprising
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inhuman
Pacific Rim / Godzilla crossover when?

Not for awhile yet! I think PR has to more firmly establish itself as a franchise first.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2015 08:43 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Inhuman
Pacific Rim / Godzilla crossover when?

Pacific Rim 4: Rimming Godzilla's Rim

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2015 11:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

American Studio will never do it.

TOHO would be raping it for all its worth.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2015 12:52 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ Yeah the Kaiju genre is alot bigger over there then America.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2015 06:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

That's another nice thing, Kaiju had kinda gone into hybernation for awhile there (Toho takes Godzilla breaks, and Ultraman was the only other one coming out at that point), but the recent US movies finally got Toho to decide to return to the Godzilla series. Which is sweet, two kaiju making companies at the same time!

If there is a crossover, it'll be Legendary, because, well, they have the rights to both ^^ Hm, a comic seems more likely than a movie....

Old Post Jul 24th, 2015 08:45 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Charlie Hunnam hopes Pacific Rim 2 remedies spectacle over storytelling

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/cha...torytelling-324

That first comment going on about why don't they build a wall over the hole among other things.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 12:32 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

It doesn't need to spend a lot of time addressing stuff, but yea, answering a few more questions comes as a given. Hopefully in little moments and touches, not exposition.

(And one thing that doesn't need to be answered is: "Why giant robots and not tanks or planes with similar weapons?". Because then it wouldn't be a giant robot movie.)

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 09:24 AM
Flyattractor

I will be happy if they keep the movie under 2 hours. Giant Monster/Kaiju Movies DO NOT NEED TO BE OVER 2 HOURS LONG!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 04:17 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Why not?....if they make the fights good i'd be all for 2 hours long.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 06:33 AM
Flyattractor

Because they fill most of it with stupid human filler. Like Lt Plywood in Godzilla.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 03:51 PM
BrainSturgeon
Restricted

Account Restricted

First movie was damn good and hope for part 2 too

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 04:41 AM
BrainSturgeon is currently offline Click here to Send BrainSturgeon a Private Message Find more posts by BrainSturgeon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Because they fill most of it with stupid human filler. Like Lt Plywood in Godzilla.

How is that not different to the Japanese Godzilla movies, They too had Human filler erm

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 05:22 AM
Q99

Just a Pacific Rim 1 thing, but Real Fake History: The Battle of Hong Kong

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 07:16 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Kazenji
How is that not different to the Japanese Godzilla movies, They too had Human filler erm

This is true but in those old Toho movies the "human filler" was usually so goofy it was way more entertaining then the 2o14 Zilla.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 07:05 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

So I recently purchased Pacific Rim and am watching it again. It's a damn fun and well done movie. I hope this one is good, too.

So it looks like Del Toro wrote the story for the sequel. That should create some hope...

Glad to see Charlie Day is back, but I dont' see Ron Perlman. That's a shame.

Old Post May 21st, 2017 01:00 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korinaz

Why not

Did not work in North America put sure did work in Asia . I liked it

Old Post May 26th, 2017 11:05 AM
Korinaz is currently offline Click here to Send Korinaz a Private Message Find more posts by Korinaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Not sure if anyone's posted this or not, but it doesn't feel very Guillermo del Toro-esque, so I'm somewhat concerned...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2017 08:33 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Hmm, will still watch cos I enjoyed the first one for it's cheesiness and nostalgia it gave me.

BUT (<--- big but), not having del Toro return was a bad idea and just that teaser makes it look like a SyFy flick with a much larger budget. So I'm cautious af.

Also, should have called it something edgier than "Uprising". eg Pacific Rim 2: Rimming the Rim, PR2: Rimmers. So many ways to go.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 24th, 2017 08:48 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

As far as I'm concerned the first ended in a way that a sequel wouldn't be needed so if PR2 sucks I'll pretend it never happened like Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection...possibly covenant as well

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 24th, 2017 09:03 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks good, will give arishem judgment after I see

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 24th, 2017 09:31 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote