KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Pacific Rim: Uprising

Pacific Rim: Uprising
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tkitna

Looks awful. Seems more like a Power Ranger movie than Pacific Rim.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 01:46 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Which seemed like a Powers Rangers movie with grown ups.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 01:54 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I don't understand why these movies get so much hate.

I mean.............giant robots and giant monsters beating the shit out of each other.

What do you expect?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 03:52 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Super Sentai, I mean, Power Rangers is not that distant from what the original Pacific Rim tried to be. It was just a bit more Gundam-like in it's brand conflict (I refuse to call it more realistic) but the better part of the plot was there to make evil Monsters fight Giant Robots with ludicrous powers and weaponry.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:17 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I have not seen the second trailer yet. After my workout I'll get to it and share my thoughts. Stay tuned.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:19 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
I have not seen the second trailer yet. After my workout I'll get to it and share my thoughts. Stay tuned.

OMG I'M ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:42 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
OMG I'M ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT!
I know just calm yourself and don't lose your balance and hurt yourself. I'll work out soon and watch it afterwards.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:44 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Nothing special although a slight improvement over the first one. They do manage to toss that War ready silly song in there that is rather catchy. More Sci Fi and fanatsy is always a good thing but this doesn't get me excited like a Kong or Zilla movie.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 10:14 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was pleasantly surprised by the first movie. I'm sure this one will at least be decent.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 10:18 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Impediment
I don't understand why these movies get so much hate.

I mean.............giant robots and giant monsters beating the shit out of each other.

What do you expect?

Like a beagle, you are wise beyond your ears. thumb up

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 10:41 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This is going to be silly-stupid just like the first and I can't f88king wait. Throws me back to my childhood and love of giant monster movies. Nostalgia factor 10 out of 10; what else do you need in a film like this.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 11:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Which seemed like a Powers Rangers movie with grown ups.

Nah. The first Pacific Rim was nowhere near as cheesy and had some actual panache. The trailers for the second movie look cheesy.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 12:48 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Agree to disagree. thumb up

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 04:52 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by riv6672
Agree to disagree. thumb up
That's not what we do here.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 05:10 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

We all have to agree because we're all on the internet.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 05:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Mindset
That's not what we do here.

Ah, well you go ahead and do whatever it is you do then.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 06:00 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by quanchi112
Nothing special although a slight improvement over the first one. They do manage to toss that War ready silly song in there that is rather catchy. More Sci Fi and fanatsy is always a good thing but this doesn't get me excited like a Kong or Zilla movie.

I agree that Uprising is not hyping me like the actual kaiju films. Original Pacific Rim hit it out of the park, but it's difficult to make thunder strike twice. Specially if one considers that PR sat on a humor/action mix that not every director can get.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 09:12 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Its even harder to make lightning strike twice.

-quickly runs away-

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 10:38 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Based on the trailer, it looks like the best Destructionfest since Kal vs Zod.

I'm game.

Plot? Characters? I'll take my chances.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 11:27 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Is this where we learn humanity was really the bad guys?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 02:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote