KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Pacific Rim: Uprising

Pacific Rim: Uprising
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Is this where we learn humanity was really the bad guys?

or better yet, it was all a big misunderstanding. the gaiju only wanted peace love and understanding, but failed to predict that other intelligent life could be so tiny in scale and mistakenly killed a bunch of people, thinking that they were an infestation of destructive insects. before they could figure out their own error, the jaeger were built and sent after them. the gaiju made many attempts to befriend the jaeger, whom they believed to be earth's dominant species. however all attempts were met with violence and they were forced to defend themselves.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 03:31 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Charlie Hunnam(Jax from Sons of Anarchy) gave up the chance to appear in this sequel so he could do that King Arthur movie.

Lol...

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 01:32 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Mindship
Based on the trailer, it looks like the best Destructionfest since Kal vs Zod.

I'm game.

Plot? Characters? I'll take my chances.

I've been following Steven DeKnight on Twitter because I love his work on Spartacus and DD and I'm rooting for him on Pacific Rim. One thing I liked is that he said he could never hope to do what Del Toro did in terms of atmosphere (he specifically mentioned the fight in the rain) so he went in another direction. He grew up loving monster and giant robot movies so he wanted to show that love in PR.

One thing I know is that if the movie isn't a huge success it won't be because he didn't try or work his butt off.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 04:23 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Dreampanther
He grew up loving monster and giant robot movies so he wanted to show that love in PR.
Works for me. The CGI looked great as well as some of the battle scenarios. As long as plot and character development are not outright atrocious, we should be, at the least, fine.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 10:41 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Saw the Trailer. Giant Monster/Bot stuff looked good. Not sure about the shoehorned in Human Drama. "Finn" wasn't grabbing me with " I AM THE HERO" in this.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 11:24 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Yeah. I'd pretty much be okay if we saw only a few minutes of actual humans on screen and the rest was just robot fights.

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 07:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Why didnt they continue with the same style as the first?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 08:22 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Saw the trailer, looks disappointing.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 08:47 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Why didnt they continue with the same style as the first?

Read my post above.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 10:11 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Papa Emeritus III

So did Idris Elba not want to return for some reason or what? What's the deal?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 03:22 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Makes no difrnce who u r

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Did you watch the film ?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 03:23 AM
quanchi112 is online now! Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

"Facepalm"

you don't remember much of the first movie?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 03:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Papa Emeritus III

He didn't die, did he? I don't remember him dying.. lol

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 10:09 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I liked the first movie but only ever watched it once.. Never got around to a 2nd viewing...all I can recall with any clarity is Ron Pearlman got his shoe back.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 11:15 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Him and Chuck sacrifice themselves attempting to take out the Kaiju's Scunner and Slattern.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 11:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Makes no difrnce who u r

Not much of a film fan are you.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 01:46 PM
quanchi112 is online now! Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Papa Emeritus III

Lol, it apparently didn't have much impact on me. I guess, like Fly, I mostly remember Ron Perlman and his shoe. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 01:58 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by cdtm
Is this where we learn humanity was really the bad guys?

We already learn that at school, this is supposed to be fiction.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 02:18 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Makes no difrnce who u r

Lol, it apparently didn't have much impact on me. I guess, like Fly, I mostly remember Ron Perlman and his shoe. laughing out loud
You don't remember much and hate most of what's released like fly.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 02:24 PM
wakkawakkawakka

So this movie is a noticeable step down from the first film. Boyega's performance saves the film from being completely boring though as[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the kaju fights don't happen until 2/3 of the way through the film.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 09:01 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote