KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Proxima Midnight vs Hyperion

Proxima Midnight vs Hyperion
Started by: eaebiakuya

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
How "damaged" did you think he was? I ask because he looked fine soon after, then atomized Corpus Glaive.

He could barely stand. A second attack like that would have most definitely dropped him and that wasn't her most powerful. Then she was able to block his heat vision attack while taking on other people. Everything points to her winning this.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 06:19 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
A random Wakandan was able to out react the spear.

Cap was able to out react the spear.

Just stop. Captain America reacted to a blitz from a Hyperion that was trying to kill him. The same Hyperion in this thread. So your argument does not hold weight. Especially since her attack DID hit Cap. Batman survived numerous of attacks from a Superman that was trying to kill him. I guess that means Superman is weak.

As for the spear bash...here it is...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/c...f507ca.png.html

He isn't out but he was hurt by it. A second or third one would have stopped him.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 06:27 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

A random Wakandan was able to out react the spear.

Cap was able to out react the spear.

When it happen the Spear was not in "self guidance FTL" mode IMO.

From what i´ve seen, the spear have a lot different powers. One of then is go after the target, no matter how fast he is (we know at least it is faster than light).

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 06:35 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Maybe the spear could catch him. Maybe.

Doesn't mean she has reflexes or personal speed enough to stop a rushdown.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 06:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
Just stop. Captain America reacted to a blitz from a Hyperion that was trying to kill him. The same Hyperion in this thread. So your argument does not hold weight. Especially since her attack DID hit Cap. Batman survived numerous of attacks from a Superman that was trying to kill him. I guess that means Superman is weak.

As for the spear bash...here it is...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/c...f507ca.png.html

He isn't out but he was hurt by it. A second or third one would have stopped him.

So no rebuttal to the random Wakandan, then? Not sure what Superman (who olds back) hitting Batman has to do with this thread.StStop derailing it.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 06:52 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

So no rebuttal to the random Wakandan, then? Not sure what Superman (who olds back) hitting Batman has to do with this thread.StStop derailing it.

I'm going to hate doing this because I know Hyperion is fast just like I know Proxima spear is fast but while we are at it, show me these speed dodging fts of Hyperion that makes you believe he could dodge this attack. Scans.

Also, no rebuttal with Cap reacting to a blitz from Hyperion then (more than once). Gotcha.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 06:54 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by cdtm
Maybe the spear could catch him. Maybe.

Doesn't mean she has reflexes or personal speed enough to stop a rushdown.

That's a nice weapon, that adjusts to its opponent and gives them a fighting chance.

Carver and others keep making up excuses and giving random theories to this weapon. I go by what was seen on panel, and don't add any extra theories of my own to the spear.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 06:54 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
I'm going to hate doing this because I know Hyperion is fast just like I know Proxima spear is fast but while we are at it, show me these speed dodging fts of Hyperion that makes you believe he could dodge this attack. Scans.

Also, no rebuttal with Cap reacting to a blitz from Hyperion then (more than once). Gotcha.

Seeing as I brought my points up first, and you ignored half of them, finish what you started first. Reply to both, then I can reply to both.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 06:55 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Honestly, I think that even if PM does net Hyperion, there's no guarantee it will hold him. Technically Hyperion has been able to lift heavier things, and he hasn't really failed to lift anything yet.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 06:57 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Seeing as I brought my points up first, and you ignored half of them, finish what you started first. Reply to both, then I can reply to both.

We've already been through this. The soldier jumped before the attack was throw and there is nothing stating she used the same type of attack she used on Spectrum. Second, Cap got hit so that was irrelevant as well and even if it was relevant, Cap reacted to a blitz from Hyperion as well.

Ok...answered. Bring us those reaction fts please.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 06:58 PM
carver9

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Honestly, I think that even if PM does net Hyperion, there's no guarantee it will hold him. Technically Hyperion has been able to lift heavier things, and he hasn't technically failed to lift anything yet.

I wouldn't consider that as a win anyways (even though it will hold him. Hickman himself said that Hulk is the strongest on the team and he failed at getting out of it). The reason I don't consider it a win is, once she nets him, what is she going to do then? Her spear is plenty of powerful to get the win though as shown per my scan.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:00 PM
carver9

That's a nice weapon, that adjusts to its opponent and gives them a fighting chance.

Carver and others keep making up excuses and giving random theories to this weapon. I go by what was seen on panel, and don't add any extra theories of my own to the spear.

You're not going by what is shown on panel because if you did, you wouldn't be denying the light speed showing she did with this weapon.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:01 PM
DarkSaint85

We have indeed been here before. And you admitted you didn't remember what happened.

My point is that she threw the spear, and Cap was able to react to it.

They are shown BEHIND Shuri, who had earlier pierced PM easily with a simple spear toss. How do you get the idea that he jumped in front before she launched it???

(please log in to view the image)

Great job bringing up some of the times SG's been tagged. Shall we tally up and use the averages? I can assure you, based on PM's THREE main appearances, that SG will come out on top.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:03 PM
carver9

Doesn't look like the same attack and she casually threw it. So where are those Hyperion scans. I'm trying to use your way if debating here. Show us those dodging fts.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:11 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Lol darksaint you know carver is just a lost cause

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:13 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Lol darksaint you know carver is just a lost cause

Help a brother out. Since I am lost in this thread, guide me. What statement of mine is lost? And can you tell me how it should have been?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:16 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Honesty I have no intention of making you logical.

That will deprive me of the amazing memories I have collected from here

Case in point did you read all the theories this guy come up with in order to justfy hulk loosin vs supe...er sun god?

No sir, I will rather leave carver carver is better that way stick out tongue

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:23 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

We have on panel proof that the spear can tag a lightspeed character. And in the same panel we have the explanation of the feat. It says the spear can tag and go after the enemy, no matter how fast it is.

But is not said every single time Proxima throw the spear she activate this ability.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:28 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by eaebiakuya
We have on panel proof that the spear can tag a lightspeed character. And in the same panel we have the explanation of the feat. It says the spear can tag and go after the enemy, no matter how fast it is.

But is not said every single time Proxima throw the spear she activate this ability.

thumb up

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:50 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Wouldn't it be far better to sit back, and wait until she comes back?
This is likely going to happen, and soon. Once she does, then we can
get into more threads with her in them. As of now she really is too new
to really argue for. The spear can either travel at the speed of light, or
as slow as a human being. I mean after all Monica knew that she was
in danger, so she may have slowed down to 30 MPH so that she could
be hit by something capable of killing her. Makes sense to me.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:55 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote