KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Proxima Midnight vs Hyperion

Proxima Midnight vs Hyperion
Started by: eaebiakuya

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dial J for Josh

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Hype is not Sun God smokin'

mad

Originally posted by abhilegend
She beat hulk, that's why.

Ahh. So that explains Carvers recent butt-hurt behavior (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:59 PM
dial J for Josh is currently offline Click here to Send dial J for Josh a Private Message Find more posts by dial J for Josh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by eaebiakuya
We have on panel proof that the spear can tag a lightspeed character. And in the same panel we have the explanation of the feat. It says the spear can tag and go after the enemy, no matter how fast it is.

But is not said every single time Proxima throw the spear she activate this ability.

Cool.

So if Hyperion walks around at a normal pace, then he should be OK thumb up

I do not need to show any speed feats of Hyperion, as long as he stays as fast as a human Wakandan soldier, it would seem. Thanks.

Also, I literally just posted an example of how it did NOT hit its target, as a human was able to intercept it. The intended target (Shuri) was not hit.

Face it, if out of 100 appearances of Superman, 30 were of him getting beaten by....I dunno, the colour purple or something stupid like that, you guys would be all over it. 30% of a character's showings would be enough to give you a good baseline.

Here, we have three appearances of PM. One was amazing in terms of speed, but not that great in terms of durability/strength (Cage in New York was not put down, he bloodied her, and she tagged a lightspeeder)

One was bad (she was pierced by a spear thrown by a street level human, a Wakandan soldier out reacted her).

One was so-so (Cap with his plot armour was not killed, and outreacted. Debatable, so you could also look at it the other way and say it performed as intended).

So out of the three, we have one good, one bad, and one debatable. And yet, we are clinging to the one good feat as if it were the norm? Ok.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:59 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Stoic
Wouldn't it be far better to sit back, and wait until she comes back?
This is likely going to happen, and soon. Once she does, then we can
get into more threads with her in them. As of now she really is too new
to really argue for. The spear can either travel at the speed of light, or
as slow as a human being. I mean after all Monica knew that she was
in danger, so she may have slowed down to 30 MPH so that she could
be hit by something capable of killing her. Makes sense to me.

thumb up

I agree with this.

As for the second part of your statement, after being hit by a spear, PM decided to be merciful (despite being described as the most ruthless of Thanos...THANOS....'s generals) and threw it at a pace so that her opponents could have a chance. Makes sense to me.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 08:02 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Well the soldier jumped into its path. What you saw may just have been poor writing for plots sake. If not, Shuri would have been mortally wounded. Perhaps they just wanted her around for future stories, or more to the point; they actually need her around for future stories. I really think that you were reading too much into one scene, but like i said, we will see what happens once she comes back. Korvus is back correct? It shouldn't take long before Thanos is back. Actually we know that he's coming back.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 08:08 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dial J for Josh

Originally posted by carver9
I don't think Hulk would outrun the spear either and she has already damaged Hyperion tremendously with a spear smash. This was without using the sun weight. So yeah, I see no reason why she shouldn't win.

Lol Proxima simply used a proximity smash attack that knocked everyone back who was in its radius, where are you getting the fact that Hype was tremendously damaged by that attack... Cap was also hit by that exact same attack. So if it tremendously damaged Hype then it should have easily killed cap right? You're over exaggerating.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 08:16 PM
dial J for Josh is currently offline Click here to Send dial J for Josh a Private Message Find more posts by dial J for Josh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Stoic
Well the soldier jumped into its path. What you saw may just have been poor writing for plots sake. If not, Shuri would have been mortally wounded. Perhaps they just wanted her around for future stories, or more to the point; they actually need her around for future stories. I really think that you were reading too much into one scene, but like i said, we will see what happens once she comes back. Korvus is back correct? It shouldn't take long before Thanos is back. Actually we know that he's coming back.

True, let's see. I actually agree with you (along with all the silly Sun God threads); we haven't seen enough of her yet.

I'm just saying, to summarise your arguments:

1. Hitting Spectrum - not PIS
2. Not hitting Shuri - PIS (plot armour)
3. Not hitting/killing Cap - PIS (plot armour)

You see where I'm coming from? Shuri and Cap are protected because the writer wanted them to live. I could argue the other way, and say that the writer simply wanted to show the spear actually hitting a Marvel hero of some repute, and used Spectrum, because of her special energy nature (i.e. the one person PM could tag without serious consequences). So her getting hit is PIS.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2014 08:31 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

^Hey!!! leave Sup...er Sun God alone mad

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2014 08:45 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
A random Wakandan was able to out react the spear.

Cap was able to out react the spear.

thumb up

luke cage thinks hype has a pretty good chance. smile

Old Post Jun 28th, 2014 12:17 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

True, let's see. I actually agree with you (along with all the silly Sun God threads); we haven't seen enough of her yet.

You see where I'm coming from? Shuri and Cap are protected because the writer wanted them to live. I could argue the other way, and say that the writer simply wanted to show the spear actually hitting a Marvel hero of some repute, and used Spectrum, because of her special energy nature (i.e. the one person PM could tag without serious consequences). So her getting hit is PIS.

Exactly.

And PIS implies an outlier.. So which is the outlier here?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2014 01:44 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Hyperion beats her ass

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jun 28th, 2014 05:23 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by cdtm
Exactly.

And PIS implies an outlier.. So which is the outlier here?

once you frame the context for your question around her beating the hulk, your answer becomes clear.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2014 05:26 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

As PM gets more showings, it would seem BP can ALSO outreact her.....

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 05:27 PM
iceman24567

Meh that art. BP looks like Peter Parker under that suit

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 05:33 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Maybe it was. How else could he so effortlessly shield himself?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 01:28 PM
carver9

She did hit Cap though.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 01:32 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
She did hit Cap though.

Was summarising someone else's arguments.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 02:19 PM