KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » All Things Avengers

All Things Avengers
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Kinda like how Sentry has a more defined role in MU.
Oddly enough as much as I dislike Sentry, I don't even mind that part.

It's just the plot moves at 1 mph, Celestials are just laughing devices that apparently stare at an axe that kills them and wait for it to kill them... unexplainably at that. The Twins are just a way for Remender to pretend he's writing Apocalypse just like how he made Kidpocalypse and Evan. Genocide got completely forgotten. The stupidity of Rogue and Scarlet Witch and their deaths and then all of the sudden doesn't count because two issues that ultimately meant nothing because lol changed!

Now Kang is going to gain the power of Exitar who just got killed by a tiny neck wound, and naturally the Axe is likely to end that because it just did. Or Sentry.

Also, Thor just died but so did everyone else in the series. Naturally that means nothing.

Among other things. The Apocalypse Twins have been enemies for what 15 issues straight? Before that it was the Red Skull who has literally done nothing since then and wasn't even defeated but he's going to rule the world. I don't know, it's just hard to read. Staleness I guess. Quite frankly, Sentry is like the only redeeming part of this for me. I bet the end conclusion of this arc that we've been lied to many times of this being the end could have been resolved in one issue in the 80's.

At least with Hickman it changes shit up all the time. Infinity, different characters, etc. Although I'm not a fan at all of the current time jumping issues.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Jul 16th, 2014 at 04:06 AM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 04:03 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Branlor Swift

It's just the plot moves at 1 mph, Celestials are just laughing devices that apparently stare at an axe that kills them and wait for it to kill them... unexplainably at that. The Twins are just a way for Remender to pretend he's writing Apocalypse just like how he made Kidpocalypse and Evan. Genocide got completely forgotten. The stupidity of Rogue and Scarlet Witch and their deaths and then all of the sudden doesn't count because two issues that ultimately meant nothing because lol changed!

Now Kang is going to gain the power of Exitar who just got killed by a tiny neck wound, and naturally the Axe is likely to end that because it just did. Or Sentry.

Also, Thor just died but so did everyone else in the series. Naturally that means nothing.

Among other things. The Apocalypse Twins have been enemies for what 15 issues straight? Before that it was the Red Skull who has literally done nothing since then and wasn't even defeated but he's going to rule the world. I don't know, it's just hard to read. Staleness I guess. Quite frankly, Sentry is like the only redeeming part of this for me. I bet the end conclusion of this arc that we've been lied to many times of this being the end could have been resolved in one issue in the 80's.

At least with Hickman it changes shit up all the time. Infinity, different characters, etc. Although I'm not a fan at all of the current time jumping issues.

I feel ya.

Hickman for me has too much shiet going on in that noggin of his. His Avengers are all over the place, while the main plotline is stuck at 1mph like Uncanny.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 04:11 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I bet Thor did not die there, but the deaths are probably the lamest thing on Uncanny and it's rather predictable because killing characters in a timetravel story is like yelling "incoming retcon!". That's Remender for you, he kills characters.

The Celestials losing their stock in the market seems to be a trend on Marvel right now, Janborn is like a logical extension of that. "So Mr. Sinister and the High Evolutionary can punk a Celestial and use it to gain powers, Reed with a gun from his closet can do them in. Hence, someone like Odin should be able to at least kill them". Kang was implied to have coveted the power of the Celestials before (during one of those awful Nebula-Kang crossvers), so they are not really raping canon with that.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 05:02 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Bentley
I bet Thor did not die there, but the deaths are probably the lamest thing on Uncanny and it's rather predictable because killing characters in a timetravel story is like yelling "incoming retcon!". That's Remender for you, he kills characters.

The Celestials losing their stock in the market seems to be a trend on Marvel right now, Janborn is like a logical extension of that. "So Mr. Sinister and the High Evolutionary can punk a Celestial and use it to gain powers, Reed with a gun from his closet can do them in. Hence, someone like Odin should be able to at least kill them". Kang was implied to have coveted the power of the Celestials before (during one of those awful Nebula-Kang crossvers), so they are not really raping canon with that.
Meh, at least Tiamut was inert when Mr Sinister/High E did their shit.

The axe penetrating and turning off their healing factors to die by "blood loss" is retarded.

I don't have too many issues with Kang simply gaining powers from blood that was said to kill Thor, as I do with him gaining powers from a being that just died by a neck wound when his downfall is written right there. An axe.

"Hey, this planet sized being just died by a papercut. I'm going to take his powers and become the most powerful being in the universe."

Also, I forgot, but Rogue gaining hundreds of powers was retarded too.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 05:20 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

"Hey, this planet sized being just died by a papercut. I'm going to take his powers and become the most powerful being in the universe."

If Kang used logic he would probably just flee the battlefield after Thor arrives

Also, I forgot, but Rogue gaining hundreds of powers was retarded too.

Muties had to do something if you want to name your book Uncanny mad

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 05:32 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Yeah.. Really getting annoyed with Avengers/New Avengers..
Stories unfold like molasses.. And wut the phukk is Hickman's hard on for Superman analogues? I have a million Superman books to read that from. Hyperion Now was enough. He made such a big splash, but is back to being underutilized.

Uncanny is still kinda cool. Kinda like how Sentry has a more defined role in MU. Before he was annoying with his agoraphobic schizophrenic hullabaloo. Now at least he's batshiet, but don't give a phukk. I'm feelin this whole confident nut job persona.

Mighty is somewhat interesting. I'm just there for Blue Marvel and Spectrum.

Avengers World is kinda ok with it's showcasing of certain characters per issue. Lord knows we need screentime for the less popular characters. Goddamn team is too big.

Not reading Secret Avengers and Avengers Undercover atm..

Yeah, Hickman might as well come to DC and write superman at this point.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 06:47 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Supermex
Who's been reading this?
What you think?

The New Avengers "Illuminate"

Black Panther
Hulk
Dr.Strange
Namor
Black Bolt
Reed Ricard's
Beast
Iron Man

no expression

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 05:42 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

okay, so caught up on the uncanny title now. the whole arc was pretty predictable imo. not sure why, but a couple things REALLY stood out as inexcusable to me--mags easily controlling doom 2099's armor, and of course, BLOB squashing doom 2099!!? WTF??! whenever these big deaths happen (like reaper killing cap) it's always so....lame. and it was clear as soon as a couple characters were killed off that they'd go back in time and fix it all. sooooo fekkin predictable. and stupid mutants! they get their own damn planet and they even screw THAT up!

i actually didn't see why the issue of taking the mutants off planet was such a 'crime' though. can't really blame them if they wanted to go and it would make things so much easier. i'm REALLY REALLY tired of all the dystopian futures running around in marvel these days. if humans win out, all mutants are destroyed or subjugated. if mutants win, all humans are destroyed and subjugated. all the alternate futures are HORRIBLE, and there are FAR TOO MANY OF THEM!! how many futures have the avengers alone seen and been through lately??

it is asinine.

can we please get a story where a big villain in the present is threatening the city and just watch the avengers punch him out?? what the hell is wrong this that idea all of a sudden? these alternate futures and all these possible timeline stories that are polluting the avengers titles are RIDICULOUS!

and i won't even bother getting into the idea of that nonsensical fekkin axe that one-shots celestials. x-men angst really dragged the title down for me. the plot was grand and a little addictive, and i actually enjoyed havok in the series, but overall, i'm afraid i have to, AGAIN, say i am disappointed in an avengers title. in the past, i would rarely ever say that..... sad

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 04:24 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

^I feel like they could've carried out this plot just fine even without almost all of the time-travel. And that's the same ****ing plot!

It's like he felt the need to force timetravel in there simply because Kang was in it.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 05:28 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by leonidas
can we please get a story where a big villain in the present is threatening the city and just watch the avengers punch him out??

Complaining about predictability and proposing the most played story in the universe instead

Again, I read most of your post as a jab against House of M, Age of Ultron (phuck AoU) and similar events. Uncanny isn't an event, it's a story about Kang (who unlike any of the above is actually a time traveler and has a reason to feature alternate universes) that's contained in a single book. Has it been done to death as of late? Indeed, but the industry lives off -mostly- recycled plots.

Kris makes a valid point.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 06:30 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Complaining about predictability and proposing the most played story in the universe instead

Again, I read most of your post as a jab against House of M, Age of Ultron (phuck AoU) and similar events. Uncanny isn't an event, it's a story about Kang (who unlike any of the above is actually a time traveler and has a reason to feature alternate universes) that's contained in a single book. Has it been done to death as of late? Indeed, but the industry lives off -mostly- recycled plots.

Kris makes a valid point.

the thing is, the 'predictable' is no longer predictable. simplicity isn't predictability. for example--the classic count nefaria storyline off the top of my head was basically--see villain, beat villain. it happens in spidey all the time. i'm just very much losing interest in the convoluted plots coming out of the avengers titles lately, and it DOES stem from the sources you're suggesting. even recently a crisis came up in marvel BECAUSE of their tampering with all the timelines (was it infinity?? can't keep track anymore....) and even STILL they continue with these plots. if it were ONLY uncanny, or ONLY avengers, maybe, but all these timelines and alternate futures in ALL the main avengers titles?? too much imho.

and while i have a new-found love of kang (heh) this plot was too convoluted to be believable imo. cool that he ended up outsmarting the twins (cuz they kinda sucked arse anyway....) but the twists and turns and the ploy he supposedly set in motion and foresaw was....a little hard to believe imo, though i loved his endgame goal--would have been cool if he got and KEPT the power and became the next 'big' villain for the collective avengers to face, but.....even THAT part of the story was disappointing.

i like the idea of uncanny a lot, and one thing that WAS well done i think was the human/mutant dichotomy. it remained a consistent and well-portrayed theme, imo. i think it just got too...messy for my tastes. but maybe it's just me. smile

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 07:22 PM
eaebiakuya

I think we have a case of massively PIS in new avegers.

Fist: new avengers is one of best comics atm, IMO.

But...come on...im sure Reeed could create another earth (remember milar run ?) and teleport people from intersection earth for this new earth. Then, they could destroy the planet.

Or they could ask help to ex nihilo, or anything like that. Teleport people from a planet is not impossible to reed + strange + panther + tony with prep.

Another thing. Strange seek power to destroy a planet ? Why if he alredy destroyed a planet on panel without any boost ?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 07:30 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by leonidas
if it were ONLY uncanny, or ONLY avengers, maybe, but all these timelines and alternate futures in ALL the main avengers titles?? too much imho.

I think it's a good opportunity to mention the reasons for me to be so tolerant towards Uncanny despite the glaring messyness of its overall plot.

First of all, I think that unlike Infinity and Hickman's Avengers it's a title that's more related with the classic Avengers instead of making them Justice League-lite or Fantastic Fourish. The arc features a rather complicated storyline, but included more grounded ideas such as the Avengers giving press conferences, having internal squabbles and focusing on the conflicts of existing characters instead of building just a big plot for the sake of it.

I think it's far from perfect but it's the most "Avengerish" book in the market right now, and it features a good amount of D-listers which is pretty good (I do grow tired of seeing Iron-man all the time). The overall plot could've benefited from a cleaner development, but at least it has some kind of pay off, unlike some convoluted arcs from the nineties I've read.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 06:01 AM
krisblaze

I don't understand Kang's ruse btw.

Couldn't he just have grabbed the axe, swung at a Celestial, drunk all of its delicious cosmic juices and started unleashing hell?

The fact that he waited and went through all that nonsense is the reason why he lost, because Havok and Sunfire were close enough to get some of the Celestial juice in 'em.

The retard-sue twins already killed a celestial. Why couldn't he just hang about then?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 11:13 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by krisblaze

Couldn't he just have grabbed the axe, swung at a Celestial, drunk all of its delicious cosmic juices and started unleashing hell?

The fact that he waited and went through all that nonsense is the reason why he lost, because Havok and Sunfire were close enough to get some of the Celestial juice in 'em.

The retard-sue twins already killed a celestial. Why couldn't he just hang about then?

[csm]shrug[csm] it would have been too easy for kang...?

and i get what you're saying bentley. i actually agree with a lot of that. i liked wasp in the series tbh--brought them down to earth a little. the idea of selling their clothing line was pretty funny. i just think it could have done without so many of the twists. as kris pointed out, it really didn't make all that much sense. even kang's stance of trying to set things up in such a way that he was 'challenged' seems a bit of an unfulfilling take imo. i did enjoy it more than the gloomy new avengers and more than the even more convoluted avengers time bouncing arc....

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 01:33 PM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

the resolution was ridiculous. Earth heroes could probably send every energy absorber up there and spank Kang's ass.
Also I otally agree with Leo. Bring back some old fashioned story writen properly instead of all this unecessary back and forth

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 01:54 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by krisblaze

Kang is a time traveler, anytime you've seen a Celestial sleeping he could've picked the axe and killed it to the same result he just got. He's a character completely subject to his own whims.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 03:53 PM
krisblaze

Kang is a time traveler, anytime you've seen a Celestial sleeping he could've picked the axe and killed it to the same result he just got. He's a character completely subject to his own whims.

Yeah, okay. I'm not unfamiliar with Kang or anything stick out tongue

It's just that Remender's not selling this story.

Kang made all these convoluted choices so that he would end up with a very, very low chance of keeping the power. I don't believe that Kang's desire for a challenge is the reason why it went down like this.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 04:53 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

let's be honest: the 'kang arc' in uncanny avengers could have been much better than it was--it had enormous potential. however, it ultimately left much to be desired(so many unexplained 'plot-points'), and ended so abruptly that it was almost laughable.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 05:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Galan007
let's be honest: the 'kang arc' in uncanny avengers could have been much better than it was--it had enormous potential. however, it ultimately left much to be desired(so many unexplained 'plot-points'), and ended so abruptly that it was almost laughable.

Yeah, it had nice ideas but it promised a lot and delievered much less.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 05:16 PM